Is the rebuilding project over in Buffalo?

HOUSE

Rebuilding would be over if the Bills were a contender to win a Super Bowl. Right now they are a legit playoff contender but they aren't a top tier AFC team yet. The Bills need two things to happen for the rebuilding process to be "over".

1- The current talent on the team has to develop the talent that's already on it. Fitz has to be a legit QB, the D has to step up, ect. 10-6 plus a playoff birth.

2- The next off-season has to fill the remaining holes on the team plus resign Levitre, Byrd, Urbik and whoever develops on the team.

The rebuilding is progressing but its far from done. Keep next years picks unless something really good at a low cost pops up.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebuilding would be over if the Bills were a contender to win a Super Bowl. Right now they are a legit playoff contender but they aren't a top tier AFC team yet. The Bills need two things to happen for the rebuilding process to be "over".

1- The current talent on the team has to develop the talent that's already on it. Fitz has to be a legit QB, the D has to step up, ect. 10-6 plus a playoff birth.

2- The next off-season has to fill the remaining holes on the team plus resign Levitre, Byrd, Urbik and whoever develops on the team.

The rebuilding is progressing but its far from done. Keep next years picks unless something really good at a low cost pops up.

The NFL norm for rebuilding is 3 years. Now we're stretching to 5 and when its 5 years .......it will be 7.

Seems to me the Peace Bridge will be built before the end of the THIS rebuilding project.???

Now I understand why Buddy took the job in Buffalo in the first place.....its a free ride.

GEEEEEEEZ........

Its no wonder I drink :cry:

Edited by HOUSE

Here we go with the Fitz has hit his ceiling thing again. Comes around every year. 2 years ago it was he'll never throw more TDs than picks. Then he did the last 2 years. Last year it was he could never throw over 60% completions. Then he put up 62% in 2011. I expect the upward trend to continue and this be Fitz' best year ever.

wishful thinking and nice avatar! haaa 4 games is all that is needed...... IMO his career record and pattern of boneheaded INT's leads me to believe either he "shows us the money" and I will get a better Fitz avatar than you have.................. or bench him and lets cut ties because the eye test shows me a ragarmed INT machine.........David Lee did teach him how to throw so thats a start...........im over all the 3rd tier qb's we support on this team

Every other team that stinks and gets good. Example would be CINCY last year. Buff makes playoffs and there's not much to whine about. I'm not googling/researching all the teams that dud this but they r everywhere every year or so. TEXANS might be on list.

The Bengals have been on an up and down cycle ever since Lewis got there in 2003. They did improve to win the division in 2005, but then went 8-8, 7-9 and 4-12 the following 3 season. Then went to the playoffs again in 2009, but then dropped to 4-12 again. They did make the playoffs last year, but they DEFINITELY havent "rebuilt in just 3 years".

As far as the Texans go... LOL. Theyve been at it since 2002, and just posted their best record of all time last year at 10-6. And Kubiak has been there since 2006, so there is at best a 6 year build.

So again, I ask: Who rebuilt an entire franchise from doormat to perennial winner in 3 years? House says it's the norm, so examples should be easy. How about those 2008 Miami Dolphins, right? :rolleyes:

I wasn't puttin the bills in the "doormat" classification. My fault. I thought it was about most teams will make a playoff run in every few years.

If memory is right texans went from 6-10 to 10-6 or better w playoffs. That's the goal here. All that I wanna see.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I wasn't puttin the bills in the "doormat" classification. My fault. I thought it was about most teams will make a playoff run in every few years.

If memory is right texans went from 6-10 to 10-6 or better w playoffs. That's the goal here. All that I wanna see.

But that's the point. The Bills have been so bad for so long. And not just the players. The entire Front Office, right on down to the 53rd man on the roster. We brought in a new GM, replaced all of our personnel guys, new Coaches, and started to turn this roster over from the softees the last administration brought in. I dont know any team that has done a rebuild with new GM, etc and went from 4-12 to regular contender in 3 years.

Believe me, I want to see it as well. And I think Buddy has us on the right track. I was just challenging House's claim that it's an "NFL norm".

This is hilarious, your right, the norm is probably 10

The entire team will be gone

My right? Still not answering the question? Just making statements you cant back up :rolleyes:

All Im asking for is ONE example to back up your claim that a rebuild takes 3 years. I'll take ONE to back up your claim it is the "norm".

The NFL norm for rebuilding is 3 years. Now we're stretching to 5 and when its 5 years .......it will be 7.

Seems to me the Peace Bridge will be built before the end of the THIS rebuilding project.???

Now I understand wh Buddy took the job in Buffalo in the first place.....its a free ride.

GEEEEEEEZ........

Its no wonder I drink :cry:

The team is built up to make a run at the playoffs but is it ready to make a superbowl? No there are holes on the roster. But there are a lot fewer holes then three years ago.

As they played for two very different teams up until now that really isn't a great barometer.

Watching them both in camp and in the preseason games so far VJ has impressed me with his running ability and raw arm strength and nothing else.

I don't think Fitz (as much as I like him) is the long term solution either mind you, but VJ thus far has shown me almost nothing.

I am pulling for Fitz but............

I dunno House, it seems like rebuilding happens at each major position or group. But I think, minus a few draft misses that the blueprint is pretty close to what Channixley wanted.

I really can't say out LB's are top notch, in fact I'm praying that they're middle-notch.

Shoulda kept London fletcher. That guy keeps chugging along

Good rookie qbs don't set you back at all these days (especially when they prove to be better than the current starter). I would like to see VY in one game since 2010 before I give him a nod over what looks to be a pretty good QB draft class again.

Let's just hope Fitz works out

Examples of rookie QBs whose teams started winning immediately?