LBs are way more important than DBs and pass rush

For this year at least......so I challenge you guys to give me one sure fire consistent quarterback that we will be playing this year besides Tom Brady which is either experienced or dependable..none that I can see with maybe the exception of Shaub ...this tells you that we should have a decent pass defense regardless of pass rush or db play and most likely we will be ran on more often than not and on the other hand look at the running backs we are going to be facing as the season progresses. We have Jamal Charles, maybe T Rich, Frank Gore, Beanie wells, Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, MJD, Steven Jackson and BEAST MoDE... I'm actually scared that our defense will not be able to stop the run which is why our LB core has to step up this year or the season could be in jeopardy...here's to hoping Sheppard and the rest of the group have a better outting against the steelers!

Go billsss

I believe with the exception of Foster, all those other RB's play with below average to at best decent QB's. Which means they are one dimmensional and if you want to stop then run it means 8 men in the box and trusting the remaining DB's not to get beat deep. Therefore the scheme and the SS may be just as important as the LB's. Isn't that what opposing defenses do against the Bills - in addition to sitting in the short zones against our spread package - daring Fitz to audible and beat them deep.

The pass defense is fine. I'm much more worried about the lackluster effort at linebacker. They have looked pretty bad in preseason games against teams that aren't even supposed to be that good running the ball. Concerning is an understatement.

Yeah,LB scares the hell out of me. That's why I was praying for Luke Keukly(sp.).

Just cant seem to stop the run is what makes me most nervous about this team.

You and Wanny both. There's an old and still VERY true axiom in football (most sports really) that you have to be strong up the middle. The ONE thing this D lacks is that strong MLB presence that would absolutely flourish behind KW and MD. Keuchly would be a perennial All Pro behind that line, imho.

GO BILLS!!!

You and Wanny both. There's an old and still VERY true axiom in football (most sports really) that you have to be strong up the middle. The ONE thing this D lacks is that strong MLB presence that would absolutely flourish behind KW and MD. Keuchly would be a perennial All Pro behind that line, imho.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Wanny is perfectly fine with the fact that we got Gilmore.....who has the look of a shut down corner very soon in the NFL

Lets actually play some games before we #hit all over Shep?......

I think Wanny is perfectly fine with the fact that we got Gilmore.....who has the look of a shut down corner very soon in the NFL

Lets actually play some games before we #hit all over Shep?......

I'm not suggesting for a second that he isn't thrilled with Stephon Gilmore who has shown why they plugged him in as a starter from the get go. Nobody has any problem with Gilmore.

And saying that Wanny would have taken Keuchly is not an indictment on Sheppard, in spite of the problems Sheppard is having.

I'm just saying that knowing what Wanny has done with defenses over the years, he places a premium on the MLB position and I'm certain he would have taken Keuchly if he had the chance.

Indeed, let's hope Sheppard can get it together and have Wanny asking, "Keuchly who?"

GO BILLS!!!