Robert Eddins

Still interested in the drama caused by the release of Shawne Merriman. Lots of speculation surrounding Kyle Moore, Jarron Gilbert, and Robert Eddins.

Nice piece on Eddins in the D & C:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120822/SPORTS03/308220036/two-bills-drive

He made it a point to talk about former Bills linebackers Andra Davis and Shawne Merriman. That's class.

Also quite an interesting anecdote about today's practice:

"That’s why, during practice on Wednesday, the 6-foot-3, 246-pound Detroit native was charging into or around the blocker at the snap and/or coach’s command.

During two-on-two drills with the offensive line, he and his fellow defenders were dominant. They always seemed to barge their way to the backfield. At one point, a frustrated Eric Wood tossed his helmet about 12 to 15 yards. Offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris did more than just a little yelling at his group."

Nice article. I firmly believe it's Eddins and Moore in the drivers seats right now as the other 2 DEs. The question will be if they keep 5. Honestly I think 4 is enough as Spencer Johnson, Carrington and Edwards could really play both DE and DT if needed in a pinch. But the group of Gilbert, Eddins and Moore really tell is why Merriman was just booted out the door.

I would love to see what Carrington would do at DE, imo its a more natural position and he would be good

Agree...I still don't understand why he is at DT unless they know Troupe is going to IR. Why did they play Moats at ILB last year?

And at 6-3 246 is Eddins big enough to play DE? Super Mario is 292, while Anderson is only 255 and Kelsay 263 according to Bills official site. Eddins would be the smallest DE. Again would rather see a slimmed down Carrington at DE instead of DT.

Agree...I still don't understand why he is at DT unless they know Troupe is going to IR. Why did they play Moats at ILB last year?

And at 6-3 246 is Eddins big enough to play DE? Super Mario is 292, while Anderson is only 255 and Kelsay 263 according to Bills official site. Eddins would be the smallest DE. Again would rather see a slimmed down Carrington at DE instead of DT.

I was thinking the same. I hope Eddins is great at rushing the passer but at that light weight, it's hard to imagine he can shed blockers and make plays in run support.