Would you feel better about this team if Vick was QB?

mike6683

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people that hate on vick are generally racist and/or ignorant about dog fighting in urban culture

have you ever seen the japanese bugfights? what if vick made a snake fight an iguana to the death would that be an unforgivable sin? in some countries they eat dog

also they apparently dont realize pro sports leagues are loaded with men who commit all sorts of crimes such as dwi or violence or drugs or guns and also plenty of people cheating on their wives and doing any number of immoral things

i love my dog and i think the vick crimes were heinous but i dont watch nfl football to get life lessons from great role model

vick is obviously superior to fitz and is a one of the more entertaining players to watch

I don't hate on anyone, but I read the entire indictment statement, along with additional statements provided by witnesses, and this man was sick, like sociopath sick, that neither makes me racist, nor am I ignorant of this disgusting "urban culture". I could care less how entertaining he is, or the color of his skin for that matter, but to come on this board and call people racist for taking a moral position against a complete sociopath makes you the sad, pathetic ignorant fool. He may have been forgiven for his crimes and paid his dues, but that doesn't heal the hurt and sadness people will always feel for those defenseless animals, and it sure as hell doesn't make them racist.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/070717/vick_indictment.pdf

Why don't you read it for yourself before you call others ignorant or racist you dumbass.

Most people suggest how we would be with rookie QB's we never had a shot at. Now that the Bills are on verge of being a good football team and we had a real shot at bringing Mike Vick in after he got out out of jail. Would you feel much better about this team if he was leading it right now?

Wow, I would feel so much WORSE if Michael Vick was on this team.

First off, Vick is dirtbag. Secondly, he can't stay healthy for more than a few games at a time at best. Thirdly, any QB (with the exception of VY), has looked good throwing in Andy Reid's system (McNabb, Kolb, Vick, Foles, heck even Trent Edwards looked good last week). Vick would look every bit as bad as Vince Young playing for the Bills, then he would get hurt leaving us with Jackson or Thigpen.

I can't emphasize enough the system there...Think about it, guys like McNabb, Kolb, Kafka, and Foles have all looked fantastic there...But they are not. Clearly McNabb was awful after leaving Philly. Kolb has looked awful in AZ. Vick was pretty bad with Atlanta. It's all the system. Actually, watching Foles play, he is probably a better fit for them than Vick.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Most people suggest how we would be with rookie QB's we never had a shot at. Now that the Bills are on verge of being a good football team and we had a real shot at bringing Mike Vick in after he got out out of jail. Would you feel much better about this team if he was leading it right now?

No, because I'm still not sold on him as a QB.

No I won't include those bogus numbers. A QB is to throw the ball, not run the ball. Sure Cam had his record setting 14 rushing TDs but what I saw is a rookie QB that threw for over 4,000 yds, over 20 TDs and completed well over 60%. I want a QB that knows how to throw the ball first, then run it as an added bonus.

In what way was Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf overrated and overhyped? Sure they were drafted 1 and 2 but beyond that, the media and fans SQUASHED them. Vick is still talked about as if he's an above average QB that can bring the Eagles to the show. Maclin, Jackson, Celek, McCoy, Avant. If you can't lead that offense to a Super Bowl, you're worthless. They have SO much talent on that team it's a joke.

Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell got hype equivalent to what Luck and RGII are getting this year. And they flamed out of the league in their first few years. If thats not being over hyped then I don't know what is. At least Vick is a solid started who has proven he can get a team to the playoffs and win in the playoffs.

Are you really trying to throw Celek and Avant in there like they are actually valuable players? I can think of 15 TEs I would rather have than Celek. Avant? Really? He was less productive than David Nelson last year. If by so much talent you mean they have 3 good skill players.. then you're right. Half of the league has 3 good skill players on their team.

Nah,he missed it, Need to quit sarcasm I guess,

I guess I missed it too. That's the problem with these Vick threads; brings out the crazies full-force. For every one person trying to argue that black is really white, there usually are a few who agree with him. You have to be careful what you read.