I only saw a bit of last nights Pats - Eagles game

Mallet looked ok but it's tough to judge since the Pats OLine looks brutal, at best.

And Bell took a beating for the Eagles. Didnt even start, finally came in in the 2nd half (I believe), and as the announcers were talking about him sliding down the chart he gets flagged for a bad penalty and kills their drive. LOL!!!

Mallet looked ok but it's tough to judge since the Pats OLine looks brutal, at best.

And Bell took a beating for the Eagles. Didnt even start, finally came in in the 2nd half (I believe), and as the announcers were talking about him sliding down the chart he gets flagged for a bad penalty and kills their drive. LOL!!!

For the 5 minutes I was watching, the OL was blocking pretty good.

Honestly, I feel bad for Bell. As I understand his contract, what could happen is he bombs for one season, they cut him (and he gets no further guaranteed pay), and he could be out of the league like that.

I only got to watch about 5 minutes of the game last night in the 1st half but Ryan Mallet looked pretty good out there. I wish we could have drafted him. He is going to be a good QB in this league. Maybe we can trade for him next year or two years from now.

Patriots system. Don't buy into the hype.

I only got to watch about 5 minutes of the game last night in the 1st half but Ryan Mallet looked pretty good out there. I wish we could have drafted him. He is going to be a good QB in this league. Maybe we can trade for him next year or two years from now.

I can't judge Mallot as an NFL QB, but he's got a huge arm and he can spin the hell out of the ball. Even when his mechanics break down, he can get the ball there. Looks like he's got some decent movement in the pocket as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know how you could make much of a judgment on that. He threw primarily passes of 10 yards or less, mostly screens, and he only completed 50%. I didn't think he looked bad, but he wasn't really given a chance to show much either. Also, keep in mind he is playing in a system that made a bum like Cassel look good.

Also, I thought the O-line gave him pretty darn good protection all things considered. The 2nd/3rd stringers seemed to struggle.

Bell has apparently had a rough go of it in Eagles camp so far. I think it was a very telling sign that the Bills really made no strong attempt to re-sign him this offseason.

I never understood the Bell hype to begin with. When did he do anything to make people think he was good? I only ever saw a guy that struggled consistently against speed rushers. He probably benefited more than anyone from Fitz's quick release.

I can definitely understand why they are going with Dunlap regardless. That guy is a freaking monster, nearly 6-10 and seemed to move well enough to play the position. Supposedly he just hasn't been able to stay healthy to this point.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't know how you could make much of a judgment on that. He threw primarily passes of 10 yards or less, mostly screens, and he only completed 50%. I didn't think he looked bad, but he wasn't really given a chance to show much either. Also, keep in mind he is playing in a system that made a bum like Cassel look good.

Also, I thought the O-line gave him pretty darn good protection all things considered. The 2nd/3rd stringers seemed to struggle.

This is probably what I missed as I tuned in a little late. I'm still looking forward to the battle of Our DL vs Their OL.

The word in NE country is that Mallet is quite mediocre. He probably won't beat Hoyer out for the #2 and if that's the case, that is a big cause for concern after 2 training camps and a full year under his belt. He has the arm but not sure if he has the noggin.

RTB

50% passing for a 5.25 YPA against 2nd stringers is looking good?

Well, he was only judging him based on those 5 minutes. First we have to figure out what 5 minutes he was watching and then tally up the stats from those plays to see if he was really looking good or not :rolleyes:

Edited by Marcellosaurus

The word in NE country is that Mallet is quite mediocre. He probably won't beat Hoyer out for the #2 and if that's the case, that is a big cause for concern after 2 training camps and a full year under his belt. He has the arm but not sure if he has the noggin.

RTB

This is what I've heard as well. Put up big numbers but wasn't able to get it done in the clutch in college either.

My bad, it was 1st stringers. But he's far from ready to start.

Actually it really was mostly 2nd stringers. New England plays again on Thursday and Belichick sat most of the starters on both offense and defense.

Edited by biglukes

Finally got to watch it, here are my thoughts:

-Mallet looked ok, definitely not great. Lots of short passes and screens

-the Pats OL certainly doesn't look as good as it used too. I saw Solder get beat a few times. One time he got straight up knocked on his ass. He does look good in run blocking though. The middle of the line doesnt seem to be strong at all, there's a lot of push their

Finally got to watch it, here are my thoughts:

-Mallet looked ok, definitely not great. Lots of short passes and screens

-the Pats OL certainly doesn't look as good as it used too. I saw Solder get beat a few times. One time he got straight up knocked on his ass. He does look good in run blocking though. The middle of the line doesnt seem to be strong at all, there's a lot of push their

It's a shame we don't have any DTs to take advantage of that.

GO BILLS!!!