RIP Phyllis Diller

That lady really understood comedy. Rapid fire, incredibly aware of timing. Also - wore unflattering clothing despite being physically attractive to focus on the funny. My dad loved to tell me the same story (over and over) about meeting Martha Raye. I kept getting the two mixed up and asking him, "Is that the one you met on the train?" He'd say, "No, that one (Phylils) is funnier - but not by much."

Edited by HopsGuy

I've always loved Phyllis Diller

That lady really understood comedy. Rapid fire, incredibly aware of timing. Also - wore unflattering clothing despite being physically attractive to focus on the funny. My dad loved to tell me the same story (over and over) about meeting Martha Raye. I kept getting the two mixed up and asking him, "Is that the one you met on the train?" He'd say, "No, that one (Phylils) is funnier - but not by much."

She was the queen of self-deprecating humor, and I loved her for that...very smart, very creative...feels like she's been there my entire life since I remember her from back in the 70s when I was really young.

RIP, Phyllis! You'll be missed!