Akin

Thanks for not ripping into me but I don't want to continue debating abortion. I made my points about pro choice and pro lifers have made their points. The debate will never end.

Do you think Mitt Romney is too old to be aborted?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well in that case, you're SPECTACULARLY wrong. :lol: You should try reading some actual medical research, for once.

ultrasonography is the gold standard - blood and urine test are indicative but are subject to false positives and false negatives- they test for changes in hormones most for the presence of HCG and with the popularity of taking HCG as a weight loss adjunct false positives are even more common- at this point Tommy I have to guess you are just !@#$ing with me but if you have your own numbers of what percentage of fertilized eggs reach viability present them or STFU..

My personal views on this subject are tortured. I have come to a place in my life that I am personally against abortion, but feel that it is not my place to judge others, and feel that abortion is up to the individual (obviously within reason). This is not an issue that means schit right now. Our economy is what matters and we have a president that would like to talk about anything other than that. After 5 years of knowing this guy is that he's not really an American at heart and has an ulterior motive. Sorry. Barry sucks.

Hahahahahahaha

Will Republicans abort their stupid convention if a hurricane is going to hit it? Or is that unethical?

I love how this issue is rippling through all the races. This and Ryan's evil intention to throw thousands and thousands of dollars onto Seniors is going to make the Democrats have a chance of taking the House.

LOL gotta admit that's a good one:

"Recently some of you have been paying attention to the commentary about the senator (sic) from Missouri, Mr. Akin, who … the interesting thing here is that this is an individual who sits on the House Committee on Science and Technology but somehow missed science class," Obama said

http://news.yahoo.com/president-obama-todd-akin-somehow-missed-science-class-021337296--abc-news-politics.html

LOL gotta admit that's a good one:

"Recently some of you have been paying attention to the commentary about the senator (sic) from Missouri, Mr. Akin, who … the interesting thing here is that this is an individual who sits on the House Committee on Science and Technology but somehow missed science class," Obama said

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

Mr Akin didn't miss science class, they replaced the biology section with climate change and how humans are responsible.

I suppose you didn't deserve the insult, it's just frustratitng to see the same arguments after I thought we'd covered that territory and moved to a higher level of discourse, but whatever.

My example was not to illustrate the success rate of raising unplanned children, but merely to illustrate that it is not an exlusively female issue. Sure, she has the burden of being pregnant, but when discussing issues of life and death, that's really not a relevant concern IMO.

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, if the child that's going to be born to irresponsible parents were already born not many would advocate killing it to save it from a hard life.

All this being said, keep in mind that I'm a nihilist and given the ultimate futility of life I don't have an answer as to what the ethical implications of killing the unwanted baby are, born or otherwise. On a visceral level it offends my sensibilities (I get teary watching Savannah Smiles - don't tell anyone), but on a cerebral level...eh?

I wonder how many great people have been killed before they could contribute. Did some single mother abort the doctor that would cure cancer, or the engineer that would have developed anti gravity technology.

RvW was what 39 - 40 years ago? Yep, lets take another step backwards.

I'd rather move foreward than backwards.

I wonder how many great people have been killed before they could contribute.

I wonder how many great people have been killed with an AK in the hands of some lunatic before they could contribute to society.

I wonder how many great people have been killed with an AK in the hands of some lunatic before they could contribute to society.

Just plain dumb

So you are relating lunatics with AK-47's that shoot people with people that have abortions? You make Akin look like a piker.

Why would Obama want to associate with a felon who causes old ladies to die of cancer and is an abuser of animals?

Another clueless reply. Here are some facts

That ad was created by a Super PAC. Federal law bars outside spending groups aka Super PAC that raise unlimited sums of money from coordinating with politicians they’re trying to elect. Obama and Romney

Also if you paid attention Obama addressed the issue and stated clearly that you can't blame Romney for the woman’s death.

So you are relating lunatics with AK-47's that shoot people with people that have abortions? You make Akin look like a piker.

You have no problem with an abortion killing a non life sustaining "fetus" and are OK with children getting killed by guns.

Who's making Akin look like a piker?

one more comment before I log off ...

Would you believe that in the vast majority of states -- 31 -- men who father through rape are able to assert the same custody and visitation rights to their children.

:censored: :blush: