Akin

So are a lot of deadbeats on welfare and food stamps. Should we off them too? ****ty ass reason to abort in my opinion.

Why have my wife and I had sex for over 30 years with zero collateral damage? It ain't that hard.

Yes but when the deadbeats want to start multiplying...that's what I was implying.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but when the deadbeats want to start multiplying...that's what I was implying.

Well I've mentioned my crazy solution many times on this board. You're sterilized at birth and must prove mental and financial abilities before that sterilization is reversed. Then all the financial and mental losers can !@#$ all they want.

It was hyperbole, bruh. Learn to roll with it.

Also, save the insults, and don't call me simple.

And lastly, good for you. You made right in a very noble way. You're also smarter than the average bear, and if you really want this conversation to go off the rails, we can talk about where to whom babies are born that WON'T get the attention and resources they need to prosper. I don't dare take that thought any further because it might cause some heads here to explode, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm led to believe you live above the standards which are the true cause of our country's degradation, so while your case is honorable, you alone a blueprint for responsible parehood do not make.

I agree, but back to shades of my response to Rob above, in a lot of cases, these babies aren't just inconveniencing mama, they're inconveniencing a LOT of taxpayers...get my drift?

I suppose you didn't deserve the insult, it's just frustratitng to see the same arguments after I thought we'd covered that territory and moved to a higher level of discourse, but whatever.

My example was not to illustrate the success rate of raising unplanned children, but merely to illustrate that it is not an exlusively female issue. Sure, she has the burden of being pregnant, but when discussing issues of life and death, that's really not a relevant concern IMO.

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, if the child that's going to be born to irresponsible parents were already born not many would advocate killing it to save it from a hard life.

All this being said, keep in mind that I'm a nihilist and given the ultimate futility of life I don't have an answer as to what the ethical implications of killing the unwanted baby are, born or otherwise. On a visceral level it offends my sensibilities (I get teary watching Savannah Smiles - don't tell anyone), but on a cerebral level...eh?

It was hyperbole, bruh. Learn to roll with it.

Also, save the insults, and don't call me simple.

And lastly, good for you. You made right in a very noble way. You're also smarter than the average bear, and if you really want this conversation to go off the rails, we can talk about where to whom babies are born that WON'T get the attention and resources they need to prosper. I don't dare take that thought any further because it might cause some heads here to explode, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm led to believe you live above the standards which are the true cause of our country's degradation, so while your case is honorable, you alone a blueprint for responsible parehood do not make.

I agree, but back to shades of my response to Rob above, in a lot of cases, these babies aren't just inconveniencing mama, they're inconveniencing a LOT of taxpayers...get my drift?

"I don't dare take that thought any further because it might cause some heads here to explode, so I'll leave it at that."

"I agree, but back to shades of my response to Rob above, in a lot of cases, these babies aren't just inconveniencing mama, they're inconveniencing a LOT of taxpayers...get my drift?"

Do you mind explaining yourself?

The lack of a male equivalence does not thereby make two dissimilar thing similar. I already explained the female equivalence & summarily defeated your argument, but you persist on in defiance of logic without even addressing the rebuke because you'd rather validate something you previously thought than pursue truth.

Your a legend ! In your own mind.

Making abortion illegal doesn't stop abortions. It creates a seedy black market in dark alleys with less than ideal medical situations and women end up dying as a result. It could be your sister or mother or some other female relative that pays the price someday down the road. I personally don't want that kind of world for my relatives and people I care about.

Well I've mentioned my crazy solution many times on this board. You're sterilized at birth and must prove mental and financial abilities before that sterilization is reversed. Then all the financial and mental losers can !@#$ all they want.

Licnsd to breed. Makes sense to me. Really, I could be on board for this.

What problems whould it create?

I could see tons of fights about who gets to decide the criteria, fights about the criteria itself. Then whoever is excluded would sue, it would be endless law suits and fighting. It's an Orwellian idea but does solve some of todays issues.

No offense, but it was a really bad analogy. And are you suggesting that anyone concerned with potentially killing innocent babies is a neanderthal?

And so round the mulberry bush we go. This debate has no ending. Your either pro choice or not. And I don't see one side convincing the other side to change their point of view. So I decline to endlessly rehash this debate.

I could see tons of fights about who gets to decide the criteria, fights about the criteria itself. Then whoever is excluded would sue, it would be endless law suits and fighting. It's an Orwellian idea but does solve some of todays issues.

And so round the mulberry bush we go. This debate has no ending. Your either pro choice or not. And I don't see one side convincing the other side to change their point of view. So I decline to endlessly rehash this debate.

Not a rehash of the debate. You made reference to all these male "neanderthals" so rather than insulting you for something that on the surface seems absurd I asked for clarification, because I'm in a good mood and don't feel like ripping in to anyone.

Not a rehash of the debate. You made reference to all these male "neanderthals" so rather than insulting you for something that on the surface seems absurd I asked for clarification, because I'm in a good mood and don't feel like ripping in to anyone.

Thanks for not ripping into me but I don't want to continue debating abortion. I made my points about pro choice and pro lifers have made their points. The debate will never end.

Clinically recognized pregnancy - which is what I said does not begin with implantation of a fertilized egg, it is when the pregnancy can be visualized with ultrasound.

Oh, well in that case, you're SPECTACULARLY wrong. :lol: You should try reading some actual medical research, for once.