Akin

No, it's not. The one study that established that is based on a series of half-assed guesses forty years ago. More current clinical studies put miscarriage rates at significantly less (like 20-30%).

Prove it.

Jesus Tom you are several steps below an Idiot- about 50% of fertilized eggs never implant- of those 50% that implant 20-30% are lost before they reach being clinically recognized pregnancies and of those 10-25% will end in miscarriage.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're an idiot, sure. The mother made the choice to involve herself in an activity for which the main side effect is human reproduction. Scientifically, the areas she used are called the "human reproductive system", not the "human !@#$ing for pleasure system". In the instance of rape, the waters are muddy, but if a woman is raped and decides to carry the pregnancy to the point where it has become a human, she has made her choice. Her first choice (not in the instance of rape) was to be involved in an activity which creates the potential for life. Her second choice was to steward that potential life until it distinctively life. There is no third choice. Once it is life, it has it's own rights.

And !@#$ing for pleasure is good and fine and totally legitimate so I could care less about this post. Don't be so anti-sex ya weirdo hehe...if a woman wants to !@#$ for pleasure she can do so regardless of the fact she can get pregnant...if she does she can have a morning after pill, an early abortion, whatever she wants. This is 2012

Jesus Tom you are several steps below an Idiot- about 50% of fertilized eggs never implant- of those 50% that implant 20-30% are lost before they reach being clinically recognized pregnancies and of those 10-25% will end in miscarriage.

So where does this 70-75% miscarriage number come from??

A fertilized egg never implanting is not a miscarriage. Because it's not a pregnancy. Clinically, pregnancy begins with implanting.

Worst. Doctor. Ever. :lol:

And !@#$ing for pleasure is good and fine and totally legitimate so I could care less about this post. Don't be so anti-sex ya weirdo hehe...if a woman wants to !@#$ for pleasure she can do so regardless of the fact she can get pregnant...if she does she can have a morning after pill, an early abortion, whatever she wants. This is 2012

Of course she can, but her !@#$ing < the rights of a seperate human life.

“Where’s the outrage by Mitt Romney?” she said. “There is a sickness out there in the Republican party, and I’m not kidding. Maybe they don’t like their moms or their first wives; I don’t know what it is.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80005.html#ixzz24JNWNC7J

Barbara Boxer

Whats even more amazing is that millions of people have voted for her multiple times.

"Where's the outrage by Mitt Romney?" she said. "There is a sickness out there in the Republican party, and I'm not kidding. Maybe they don't like their moms or their first wives; I don't know what it is."

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz24JNWNC7J

Barbara Boxer

Whats even more amazing is that millions of people have voted for her multiple times.

hehe lol at "first wives" zing

While all of you girls trip over something that has no bearing on the upcoming election, permit me to interject something rumbling in the background: there is talk that Akin will switch his candidacy for the Senate seat with Ann Wagner, who is currently running for Akin's old congressional seat. There is apparently a loophole that permits this switch at the state level. It may just be rumblings, but it would put a strong candidate in Wagner against a useless Obamabot like McCaskill, and let Akin placate his ego by running for his own seat, which he should presumably win pretty easily.

You may now carry on with the riveting abortion discussion.

Come on how many more times can we rehash the fact that Obama sucks and has failed miserably.

"Where's the outrage by Mitt Romney?" she said. "There is a sickness out there in the Republican party, and I'm not kidding. Maybe they don't like their moms or their first wives; I don't know what it is."

Barbara Boxer

Oh, she knows full damn well that Romney's campaign already metaphorically smacked Akin upside the head for his idiot comments and called for him to quit the race. The sad thing isn't that she's being transparently dishonest...it's that so many of her followers now assume that Romeny backs Akin 100% because of her bull ****.

Barbara Boxer

because killing their unborn babies is the only way women can be free.

The way I see it is if it has a heart beat, the baby is alive. I don't think I could be involved in the decision to go through with exterminating any "human" life that has a heart beat.

You can see your baby's heart beating at six weeks. My opinion on abortion changed the moment I saw my child's heart beating that early (I think he was a little later than that).

I don't mean to suggest that if you've never had a child, you should STFU about the subject, but there are a crapload of stupid people in this thread who should pick a subject they can discuss from experience because they sound dumber with every post.

<p>

Oh, she knows full damn well that Romney's campaign already metaphorically smacked Akin upside the head for his idiot comments and called for him to quit the race. The sad thing isn't that she's being transparently dishonest...it's that so many of her followers now assume that Romeny backs Akin 100% because of her bull ****.

Well, they know that they have to try to rile up their loony lefty base to try to win this election, and fact is that there are enough dim wits that believe this line of attack, so it's all about pumping up the base, and since they know they can't win on substance, all they can primarily focus is on are these sort of issues. They also understand that the media will comply and will continue to make this a central issue, all while we are experiencing the worst economic "recovery" since the Great depression, trillion dollar deficits as the new norm, failure of leadership to address the entitlement programs, real unemployment through the roof and wages that are continuing to plummet.And the media complains that the candidates aren't offering substance, yet they are the ones who push these issues.:lol:

Come on, Rob. You know exactly who's marganilized by his comments. I've enjoyed your posts throughout this thread and marveled at how you've managed to steer to conversation towards something more interesting than what this old, stu-tarded man said. But there's no reason to continue the dance.

Do you know how many rapes go unreported each year? Over 54%. Why do these women not report the rapes? Fear of being ridiculed. Fear of having to relive the moment for judges, laywers, the press. Worse, many don't report it because who will believe them. It's their word versus the man's. Not every rape is a dark alley mugging by a stranger -- it's more often than not a co-worker, family member, aquaintance. Meaning there are REAL consequences to these women for admitting what happened. They face ridicule, doubt, and the social/workplace fall out if they press charges.

And now this asshat comes out and attempts to say there are such things as "legitimate" rape? Do you think that will make more women want to step forward and admit what happened to them or less? Forget abortion. This is about a man who's so clearly out of touch with reality (forget medical science) that he should be forced to wear a sign around his neck that says "asstard" for the rest of his life.

And quibbling over his statements is disingenuous.

Before I address the substance of your post, I want to thank you for being the first person to explain why you find this offensive.

I actually agree with a lot of what you say here. And before we got into the abortion debate I acknowledged that this Akin guy's statement was poorly worded and stupid to say. I don't, however, find anything truly malicious about what I think he was trying to say. I realize the crux of this is understanding what he meant by "legitimate". Perhaps he meant actual rape, as opposed to bogus allegations. Or perhaps he was differentiating sexual offenses that often fall under a broad heading of rape that differ from what one would typically think of as rape, like sleeping with a girl who is conscious enough to say no, but drunk enough that you know you're taking advantage of her, or when the girl doesn't really want to and the guy know it but pressures her into it - these things are unethical but not necessarily "rape" as I would define it. Or maybe he was discounting situations when she says no but you know by how she's dressed that she really wants it. I don't know. There's a lot he could have meant. That's the point of my question to The Big Kitten. Since we don't know what falls inside or outside his idea of "legitimate rape" it seems a bit presumptuous to accuse him of minimizing the effects on legitimate victims of rape. That's why I ask, who are the people who were victimized who fall outside of his definition. If we don't know, then who is to be offended?

I normally hate using anecdotal evidence, but I was talking to a girl who has been a victim of date rape and she agreed with my take, so I don't think I'm being terribly insensitive here.