Akin

What happens if the woman doesn't have the procedure?

A baby is born. Or not. Depends.

And it doesn't prove anything. Prove a fertilized ovum is a human life. Let me spell it out for you more clearly: prove that eight undifferentiated fetal cells are a human life.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it doesn't prove anything. Prove a fertilized ovum is a human life. Let me spell it out for you more clearly: prove that eight undifferentiated fetal cells are a human life.

Interesting word and very appropriate.

Strictly from a medical (scientific) standpoint:

zygotes have the potential to become blastocysts.

blastocysts have the potential to become embryos

embryos have the potential to become fully-formed and healthy human babies.

But like you said, it depends. On a host of things too numerous to discuss.

So, if the procedure fails and the cells are laying on a table breathing, and the doctor stuffs scissors into the brain, did he abort a fetus or murder a baby?

Edited by Gary M

So, if the procedure fails and the cells are laying on a table breathing, and the doctor stuffs scissors into the brain, did he abort a fetus or murder a baby?

Do you pull the car over and say a prayer every time a bug splats your windshield? Or are they different?

But I'm not asking the President. I'm asking you. Which were you refering too?

What's the difference. it is just a bunch of cells. Right

To the guy talking about stabbing cells in the "brain" while they "breath?"

Yes. Yes, I did.

So when does the mass of cells becomes a person?

This is the entire problem. We have not defined when life begins. So my argument is lets err on the side of caution and assume it is at fertilization.

The problem with that is that women can't be free in our country if they can't kill their babies.

So when does the mass of cells becomes a person?

I'm just jumping into the discussion here but personally...if you are a woman with an early pregnancy you don't want...I don't even care if some people consider it a 'person' or not. You can decide IMO at that point...even if it is a "person"...that you choose not to give birth to it. The "is it a person or not" and "science now says this blah blah blah" is just a distraction ... to cut the chase most true pro-choice people ultimately agree that the woman can abort an early pregnancy she doesn't want plain and simple. If that's killing babies to you and the person is horrible then fine...go scream about at Church or on the side of the road. I don't care. This is a subject a lot of people kitty-foot around who are pro-chioce b/c it makes them seem uncaring or barbaric...I don't like it I'm not happy about it and it is pretty horrible...but it is what it is and it's up to the woman.

This is the entire problem. We have not defined when life begins. So my argument is lets err on the side of caution and assume it is at fertilization.
Because I'm not willing to legislate away the rights of someone who is a recognizable human being when there is no conclusive science to back the legislation, distasteful as I may personally find it.

The problem with that is that women can't be free in our country if they can't kill their babies.
Hyperbolus post is hyperbolous.

I'm just jumping into the discussion here but personally...if you are a woman with an early pregnancy you don't want...I don't even care if some people consider it a 'person' or not. You can decide IMO at that point...even if it is a "person"...that you choose not to give birth to it. The "is it a person or not" and "science now says this blah blah blah" is just a distraction ... to cut the chase most true pro-choice people ultimately agree that the woman can abort an early pregnancy she doesn't want plain and simple. If that's killing babies to you and the person is horrible then fine...go scream about at Church or on the side of the road. I don't care. This is a subject a lot of people kitty-foot around who are pro-chioce b/c it makes them seem uncaring or barbaric...I don't like it I'm not happy about it and it is pretty horrible...but it is what it is and it's up to the woman.

And this is equally morally vacant. If you wish to remain logically consistant, you must also support the drowning of unwanted children. Life has rights, or it doesn't. Choose. Edited by TakeYouToTasker