Akin

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More on DWS

It's been a bad few weeks for DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.POLITICO's new eBook, by Glenn Thrush, reveals clashes between her and the White House. Internal polling rates her the least effective of all Obama campaign surrogates.But publicly, her biggest problems are on CNN, where she has become the easiest target for a network that -- to its credit -- seems to be putting greater emphasis on calling guests to account for contradictory and inaccurate statements.Earlier this month, CNN's Wolf Blitzer spent four minutes pushing Wasserman Schultz to admit that to admit that, despite her claims to the contrary, Paul Ryan's Medicare reform would not affect people over the age of 54. http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/ "Do you at least acknowledge that the quote that you gave from "The L.A. Times" is completely incorrect?" Cooper asked, after a back-and-forth over Romney's record on allowing for abortions in certain instances, like rape.

"No, I don't acknowledge that. I know that is what you're saying," Wasserman Schultz shot back. When he started to read the quote, she interrupted, "Anderson, what I'm saying is, IT DOESN'T MATTER."

"I think what you say does matter," he said. "You're quoting the LA Times and, again, you've misquoted them to back up a position."

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz24TlR53OW

It doesn't matter?

:lol:

Edited by WorldTraveller

More on DWS

It's been a bad few weeks for DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.POLITICO's new eBook, by Glenn Thrush, reveals clashes between her and the White House. Internal polling rates her the least effective of all Obama campaign surrogates.But publicly, her biggest problems are on CNN, where she has become the easiest target for a network that -- to its credit -- seems to be putting greater emphasis on calling guests to account for contradictory and inaccurate statements.Earlier this month, CNN's Wolf Blitzer spent four minutes pushing Wasserman Schultz to admit that to admit that, despite her claims to the contrary, Paul Ryan's Medicare reform would not affect people over the age of 54. http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/ "Do you at least acknowledge that the quote that you gave from "The L.A. Times" is completely incorrect?" Cooper asked, after a back-and-forth over Romney's record on allowing for abortions in certain instances, like rape.

"No, I don't acknowledge that. I know that is what you're saying," Wasserman Schultz shot back. When he started to read the quote, she interrupted, "Anderson, what I'm saying is, IT DOESN'T MATTER."

"I think what you say does matter," he said. "You're quoting the LA Times and, again, you've misquoted them to back up a position."

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz24TlR53OW

It doesn't matter?

:lol:

It's like reprimanding a 5 year year old. But it doesn't maaaaaaaaaaaater. Wah, wah, wah.

You know it's bad when Politico discusses the topic:

Debbie Wasserman Schultz and CNN's Anderson Cooper engaged in a heated exchange Thursday night when Cooper charged that the Florida congresswoman "misquoted" the Los Angeles Times in a letter that the anchor also said misrepresented Mitt Romney's stance on the Republican Party's abortion platform plank.

The segment, which has gone viral in the conservative blogosphere, features Cooper, on his CNN show "Anderson Cooper 360," pointing to a fundraising email Wasserman Schultz signed. He said that a quote she used from the Los Angeles Times in the appeal was taken "completely out of context."

http://youtu.be/8k-KuYJraEg

Edited by Oxrock

That was my point when I first posted the video. Blatantly lying is acceptable for people like American politicians provided the lie allows them to create the message for both themselves and their opponent.

Fixed- and I wish it WOULD BE fixed!

Fixed- and I wish it WOULD BE fixed!

I understand your middle-of-the-road everybody-does-it thought, but you're confusing politics with desperation.

Politics is stretching truths, fact, etc, to suit your narrative. Both sides do it. The stimulus saved or created jobs. Unemployment really isn't 8.3%, but rather 8.254%.

Desperation is openly and blatantly lying in the face of your own lie. Anthony Weiner insisting that wasn't his pecker in the picture. DWS insisting she didn't misquote the LA Times. Obama created more jobs than Reagan. Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years.

Progressives are as desperate as a group can be. So they're not just stretching truths, but making stuff up because, as you've read here before...they're not just throwing the gun at this point, but the box the gun came in.

I understand your middle-of-the-road everybody-does-it thought, but you're confusing politics with desperation.

Politics is stretching truths, fact, etc, to suit your narrative. Both sides do it. The stimulus saved or created jobs. Unemployment really isn't 8.3%, but rather 8.254%.

Desperation is openly and blatantly lying in the face of your own lie. Anthony Weiner insisting that wasn't his pecker in the picture. DWS insisting she didn't misquote the LA Times. Obama created more jobs than Reagan. Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years.

Progressives are as desperate as a group can be. So they're not just stretching truths, but making stuff up because, as you've read here before...they're not just throwing the gun at this point, but the box the gun came in.

Both sides may do it, but it doesn't make it right- to me, it doesn't justify it, it makes it get progressively worse over time. The Romney tax thing makes me sick.

Both sides may do it, but it doesn't make it right- to me, it doesn't justify it, it makes it get progressively worse over time. The Romney tax thing makes me sick.

Really?? Let me give you a little tidbit from the election of 1880. It's not getting worse we're just bombarded with it with our 24/7 news cycle.

Murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood and the nation black with crimes.

On Monday, President Barack Obama took a break from his media tour with those hard-hitting journalists at People, Entertainment Tonight and Teen Beat magazine (I made up one of those) to talk to the D.C. press corps for the first time in weeks.

Why? The Todd Akin story, and a chance to use the Missouri congressman’s bad biology against Mitt Romney, though the connection between the two is tenuous at best.

I don’t begrudge any politician his opportunistic attack. But one statement from the president left me utterly confused.

Akin’s opinion about abortion and rape, Obama said, “is why we shouldn’t have a bunch of politicians, a majority of which are men, making health care decisions on behalf of women.”

Excuse me, but did the guy who gave us Obama- care just say we don’t want “politicians making health care decisions?” Am I missing something?

Admittedly, Obama’s plan for an oversight board (the Independent Payment Advisory Board) to limit what treatments will be funded by government programs doesn’t just make health care decisions for women. Obamacare will (theoretically, at least) cut costs by limiting treatments for everyone.

But some of the people who’ll be denied, say, the radical and expensive breast cancer treatment their doctor recommended will be women. How are Obama- care supporters different from pro-lifers?

The biggest lie of the left’s “Republican War on Women” smear is that pro-life Americans like me want to be involved in the choices women make. The only lie that comes even close is that allegedly “pro-choice” liberals don’t want to tell women — and everyone else — what to do with their bodies.

Ask yourself: Who’s slapping the 17-ounce soda out of your hands at the movie theater? It’s not “right-wing” Michael Graham. It’s uber-liberal Michael Bloomberg.

Who’s forcing Catholics — women and men — to pay for day-after abortifacients that violate their religious beliefs? Not me. It’s “pro-choice” President Obama.

The key provision of Obamacare (which they stole from Romneycare — thanks, Mitt) is that women can’t choose the health coverage they want. Young, working women can’t have a high-deductible, low-benefits policy, for example, that doesn’t pass Obama’s approval.

So tell me who’s “making health care decisions for women” again?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view/20220824pro-life_pro-liberty/

Really?? Let me give you a little tidbit from the election of 1880. It's not getting worse we're just bombarded with it with our 24/7 news cycle.

Very true, and with social media, it actually is crazier than 24/7 at times.

On Monday, President Barack Obama took a break from his media tour with those hard-hitting journalists at People, Entertainment Tonight and Teen Beat magazine (I made up one of those) to talk to the D.C. press corps for the first time in weeks.

Why? The Todd Akin story, and a chance to use the Missouri congressman’s bad biology against Mitt Romney, though the connection between the two is tenuous at best.

I don’t begrudge any politician his opportunistic attack. But one statement from the president left me utterly confused.

Akin’s opinion about abortion and rape, Obama said, “is why we shouldn’t have a bunch of politicians, a majority of which are men, making health care decisions on behalf of women.”

Excuse me, but did the guy who gave us Obama- care just say we don’t want “politicians making health care decisions?” Am I missing something?

Admittedly, Obama’s plan for an oversight board (the Independent Payment Advisory Board) to limit what treatments will be funded by government programs doesn’t just make health care decisions for women. Obamacare will (theoretically, at least) cut costs by limiting treatments for everyone.

But some of the people who’ll be denied, say, the radical and expensive breast cancer treatment their doctor recommended will be women. How are Obama- care supporters different from pro-lifers?

The biggest lie of the left’s “Republican War on Women” smear is that pro-life Americans like me want to be involved in the choices women make. The only lie that comes even close is that allegedly “pro-choice” liberals don’t want to tell women — and everyone else — what to do with their bodies.

Ask yourself: Who’s slapping the 17-ounce soda out of your hands at the movie theater? It’s not “right-wing” Michael Graham. It’s uber-liberal Michael Bloomberg.

Who’s forcing Catholics — women and men — to pay for day-after abortifacients that violate their religious beliefs? Not me. It’s “pro-choice” President Obama.

The key provision of Obamacare (which they stole from Romneycare — thanks, Mitt) is that women can’t choose the health coverage they want. Young, working women can’t have a high-deductible, low-benefits policy, for example, that doesn’t pass Obama’s approval.

So tell me who’s “making health care decisions for women” again?

http://www.bostonher...fe_pro-liberty/

there's a fundamental difference between the 2 sides. conservatives like akin want it to be ILLEGAL for women to make a choice in certain instances.The advisory committe would deal only with FUNDING of certain choices. in your hypothetical, the women has every right to obtain the care she desires. there's no law that will stop her.

there's a fundamental difference between the 2 sides. conservatives like akin want it to be ILLEGAL for women to make a choice in certain instances.The advisory committe would deal only with FUNDING of certain choices. in your hypothetical, the women has every right to obtain the care she desires. there's no law that will stop her.

I agree.

Yet still feel compelled to point out the hilarious hypocrisy that now, suddenly, health care and health insurance aren't the same thing. :lol:

I agree.

Yet still feel compelled to point out the hilarious hypocrisy that now, suddenly, health care and health insurance aren't the same thing. :lol:

in practice, they sometimes are the same thing, especially for very expensive treatments or even moderately expensive ones for poor people. i don't know any serious progressives calling for unlimited healthcare (insurance) for all people. nevertheless, even in such cases, it's very different to make a procedure illegal than for it to be unobtainable due to cost or income.

in practice, they sometimes are the same thing, especially for very expensive treatments or even moderately expensive ones for poor people. i don't know any serious progressives calling for unlimited healthcare (insurance) for all people. nevertheless, even in such cases, it's very different to make a procedure illegal than for it to be unobtainable due to cost or income.

"In practice, they're the same except when they're not."

Oh...okay.

"In practice, they're the same except when they're not."

Oh...okay.

it's really very simple even though you're clearly trying to make it complicated. most peolple who support universal healthcare support "basic" healthcare for everyone. no one is seriously proposing restrictions on private pay for any medical expense. if you want to get caught up in semantics then feel free to engage in your usual mental masturbation.