Akin

they say that cursing is a sign of a weak mind and vocabulary...try real clear politics or politico. i'm sure you can find the percentage of self declared republican evangelicals state by state.in the meantime, your cursing is amusing.

It !@#$ing depends on how !@#$ing creatively you !@#$ing curse, you !@#$ing !@#$ball.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

cnn exit poll numbers from 2008 prez election showed 26% voters self identified as evangelicals/fundamentalists. 74% of these voted for mccain/palin. by my math, nearly 1/5 mccain voters were self described evangelical. if you don't find this a substantial contingency of the repub party then we have nothing further to discuss on this subject. can't link 2ndary to browser problems but should be simple enough for ya'll to confirm.

You are certifiably (*^*&amp;%^&#036;^#stupid. So you somehow equate "evangelical/fundamentalist" as someone who believes that you can't get pregnant from rape?Is that what you are saying bird brain?

Right, accept the fate of Guam, and the naming of hurricanes isn't championed on the national scale by...anyone. And certainly not in the same divisive way that abortion is.

One guy made a moronic comment. Every conservative known to mankind has denounced the comment and urged the guy to quit the race.

In progressive world, the only obvious conclusion is that the entire conservative movement agrees with Akin. Because heaven forbid any of you chuckleheads ever get a clue how to think for yourself.

Wait. Let me guess your clever response: You didn't understand what was not understood as discussed before the discussion of understandings about the statements not yet made by those making the statements.

Wasn't Hannity quick to point his "strong" (read conservative) christian beliefs out in his criticism of Akin?

You're holding up a guy who criticized Akin as evidence of the mass support for Akin's beliefs?

Ya wanna rethink that one, maybe?

You're holding up a guy who criticized Akin as evidence of the mass support for Akin's beliefs?

It would seem to me the term "rethink" implies...well...nevermind. You're not responding to someone with a thought. You're responding to someone who is repeating a thought given to him by those who do his thinking for him.

And for the other liberals reading this, let's put that statement through the BigCatnator for translation: "You don't understand because that the comment he didn't make before the comment was made implies that nothing was commented out of the comment before commenting on said comment, so it's only natural that no one understands the comment."

no. you might want to rethink it. my interpretation of hannity's defensiveness in criticizing akin is this: "Hey evangelicals, i'm one of you. i agree with you on abortion and some of you probably even agree with this guy's stance. but he just committed political suicide and will hurt our cause overall". and, yes, there is a sizable part of the evangelical electorate that believes that abortions in the instance of a pregnancy caused by rape should be illegal. look it up...

no. you might want to rethink it. my interpretation of hannity's defensiveness in criticizing akin is this: "Hey evangelicals, i'm one of you. i agree with you on abortion and some of you probably even agree with this guy's stance. but he just committed political suicide and will hurt our cause overall". and, yes, there is a sizable part of the evangelical electorate that believes that abortions in the instance of a pregnancy caused by rape should be illegal. look it up...

Great interpretation :lol:

!@#$ing asshat :lol:

Btw, it appears that Akin will be staying in the race, despite the relentless calls for him to drop out.

What a selfish idiot.

Clearly conservatives are happy with this result even though they are calling him to leave because you are not smart enough to read between the lines.

/birdshit.

LOL...........you really didn't need Hannity for that.

You just had your misinformed view of "evangelicals" already determined and you regurgitated it here.

One guy made a moronic comment. Every conservative known to mankind has denounced the comment and urged the guy to quit the race.

In progressive world, the only obvious conclusion is that the entire conservative movement agrees with Akin. Because heaven forbid any of you chuckleheads ever get a clue how to think for yourself.

Wait. Let me guess your clever response: You didn't understand what was not understood as discussed before the discussion of understandings about the statements not yet made by those making the statements.

I have no response. I just wanted to point out how stupid your argument was.

I have better things to do than monitor the conservative response to this looney tunes. If you say they've denounced him, then good for them. Anything less, would be uncivilized.

Again, please define the term "sizable". My guess is you're once again bastardizing the English language.

keep guessing.74% of 26% of the entire electorate, for MCCAIN - hardly a evangelical hero. wonder how many didn't vote at all in that election.i would propose 5% of the republicans to be substantial. what's the percent of hispanics? does the rnc consider them substantial? hell, less than 1% was substantial in bush v gore. but it's not important: if i showed data showing 10%, you'd deny it's legitimacy or just call black, white.

So the entire Republican party is composed of evangelicals...because either they agree with him, which proves they're evangelical. Or they disagree, which proves they're evangelical because they're lying and they actually agree.

You idiot.

I have no response. I just wanted to point out how stupid your argument was.

I have better things to do than monitor the conservative response to this looney tunes. If you say they've denounced him, then good for them. Anything less, would be uncivilized.

But the reality is that they've denounced him because it would make them look bad and screw up the "cause".

Romney: "You have to be !@#$ing kidding me...."

Its hard tp imagine a situation where Akin and Ryan being on the same bill, a bill seen as fringe and extreme in the debate over abortion is a good thing for the Romney campaign. To me, this is yet another distraction from talking about the economy (which is good for O/Biden), and begins to create doubt in the mind independents and younger voters if they can vote for a Republican ticket with a guy like Ryan on it.... I know that Romney the the top of the ticket, but what does policy and this country look like with Paul Ryan in that position should something happen to Romney?

While I respect Ryan's beliefs in personhood, I believe in a woman's right to choose... it would not necessarily be my choice to abort, but I don't speak for everyone. This is the issue with someone with Ryan on the ticket when you are trying depserately to convince the moderates and independents....

So the entire Republican party is composed of evangelicals...because either they agree with him, which proves they're evangelical. Or they disagree, which proves they're evangelical because they're lying and they actually agree.

You idiot.

i didn't say that. i believe hannity was targeting evangelicals or other anti abortion repubs when he pointedly reminded them he was a christian while dissing akin, you idiot.

No dumbass, you are suggesting that if you are an "evangelical" that you somehow have the same beliefs that Akin does.

No seriously, Are you really this stupid? I mean, is this what you honestly believe?

didn't say that either.with such a large percentage of evangelicals making up the party and many of them being against abortion in any instance, including rape, it's reasonable to conclude that a significcant number of them agree with akin, at least in part. he did win the primary, didn't he?