Akin

your hand waving away my argument doesn't advance yours. 80000 liberty (uh, Jerry Falwell) students implies some relevance to me. How many would it take to make them relevant to you?

313,000,000 population of the US

80,000 = 0.00025559105 percent = not relevant

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

birdog1960:

I've done your work for you! You can thank me later.

The population of the United States is roughly 314,203,076 according to the US Census website.

The percentage of Americans who self-identify as conservative polls at 40% according to Gallup.

The daily viewership of the 700 Club is reportedly at around 1,000,000 according to Wikipedia.

So, even allowing your dubious assertion that 100% of the 700 Club's viewers are both conservative and hold offensive views about rape, once we've done the math we find that they form a whopping 0.796% of the conservative population of American. Substantial indeed. :unsure:

313,000,000 population of the US

80,000 = 0.00025559105 percent = not relevant

wow. really,just wow! you guys really are dualist, concrete thinkers arent you. the 80,000 is the tip of the iceberg. you can triple that for the parents of the students and family members not enrolled. and the add in all the other evangelical schools including lower level schools and family members whoi send kids there. and then those without kids or who can't afford private schools... and add in listeners to the many similar radio and tv shows like the 700 club...didn't we just see the power of evangelical conservative christians in the repub primaries? whole states were decided by them. was that not proof enough of their influence? would rick perry even by a recognizable name in politics without their inluence? you guys are in serious denial.

wow. really,just wow! you guys really are dualist, concrete thinkers arent you. the 80,000 is the tip of the iceberg. you can triple that for the parents of the students and family members not enrolled. and the add in all the other evangelical schools including lower level schools and family members whoi send kids there. and then those without kids or who can't afford private schools... and add in listeners to the many similar radio and tv shows like the 700 club...didn't we just see the power of evangelical conservative christians in the repub primaries? whole states were decided by them. was that not proof enough of their influence? would rick perry even by a recognizable name in politics without their inluence? you guys are in serious denial.

Whitewashing the entire conservative movement as agreeing with Akin is akin to me defining the entire democratic movement of being ignorant asshats like yourself.

Are you going to provide the data points that back your assertions, or are you going to continue to look like a fool?

Are you going to provide the data points that back your assertions, or are you going to continue to look like a fool?

look at the demographics for the primary results for places like s carolina, tennessee, kansas, mississipi, texas and yes, even virginia. you can bet republican strategists are well versed in them and know their significance. you should be too. plenty of data to mine there and they did. santorum and his campaign was certainly aware. as i said, perry never gets off the blocks without em.

Edited by birdog1960

"legitimate rape," pregnancy is rare because "the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Go ahead

defend it

:lol:

These right-wing extremists believe that it's "legitimate" rape when the rapist beats, chockesm, cuts, shoots and stomps the victim to the point where there's no doubt he/she was forced. Just saying "no" isn't enough. If you don't bite, claw, scratch, kick and scream loudly enough - it wasn't rape,. And you get pregnant. Unless you're a guy who gets raped.

And he's not isolated. Their beliefs are reflected in their "pro-life" legislative proposales.

Teabaggin Republicans - with them, it's 1952 or bust!

<p>

These right-wing extremists believe that it's "legitimate" rape when the rapist beats, chockesm, cuts, shoots and stomps the victim to the point where there's no doubt he/she was forced. Just saying "no" isn't enough. If you don't bite, claw, scratch, kick and scream loudly enough - it wasn't rape,. And you get pregnant. Unless you're a guy who gets raped.

And he's not isolated. Their beliefs are reflected in their "pro-life" legislative proposales.

I'm bettin that you get an orgasm every time you mention the word "teabagger"

look at the demographics for the primary results for places like s carolina, tennessee, kansas, mississipi, texas and yes, even virginia. you can bet republican strategists are well versed in them and know their significance. you should be too. plenty of data to mine there and they did. santorum and his campaign was certainly aware. as i said, perry never gets off the blocks without em.

Quit demagoging and post the !@#$ing numbers you yutz. English, mother!@#$er. Do you speak it?

By the way, if you've seen the polls after this came out by PPP you should know the following:

CORRECTED PPP Numbers for Missouri

Since PPP decided it can't help itself, I've done you all a service.

I went through their ridiculous R+9 sample and ONLY changed the D/R/I proportions to match previous elections, and an even turnout.

With R+9, PPP's headline screams Akin up by 1. It is an obvious, sick ploy to get this delusional Bio101 flunkie to stay in and cost us a seat.

Here are the real numbers:

If turnout in November matches 2008 (it won't):

McCaskill 49.25% Akin 39% (this is a D+6 turnout model)

If turnout in November is even, an incredible feat for the GOP considering heavy turnout in St Louis and Kansas City during an election year:

McCaskill 47% Akin 40%.

If turnout in November matches the best we have ever seen in the state (R+3 during 2010):

McCaskill 45% Akin 41%.

McCaskill is a dead duck if we dump Akin. The other candidates from the primary were crushing her up and down. To trail her by four in a best-case scenario is inexcusable at this point.

The fact that PPP had to triple the best R margin ever just to get Akin over McCaskill screams agenda polling, but they will never admit to that, so I'm calling them out on it, and it's time for you to spread the word. PPP's "Akin still leads" poll is garbage, the approval rating for Akin with this huge R spread is a God-awful 24%, and McCaskill hasn't cut one rape ad yet.

Akin.

Must.

Go.

Posted by: CAC at 11:15 AM

http://minx.cc/?post=332101

Just when you think birdog is the king of progressive stupidity, look who shows up to fight for the crown.

So since Akin represents all right-wing extremists, I guess all progressives believe Guam will tip over if too many people stand on it? And all progressives believe the people who name hurricanes hate black people because they won't name a hurricane Janiqua. And all progressives believe there are Klingons in the White House.

See how unbelievably stupid you sound?

Probably not.

Quit demagoging and post the !@#$ing numbers you yutz. English, mother!@#$er. Do you speak it?

they say that cursing is a sign of a weak mind and vocabulary...try real clear politics or politico. i'm sure you can find the percentage of self declared republican evangelicals state by state.in the meantime, your cursing is amusing.

<p>

By the way, if you've seen the polls after this came out by PPP you should know the following:

http://minx.cc/?post=332101

Wow!If that truly is an attempt to distort the reality of the Missouri electorate, that should cause great concern for those that follow polls, and should delegitimize them from ever being listed as a responsible polling outfit.

<p>

Wow!If that truly is an attempt to distort the reality of the Missouri electorate, that should cause great concern for those that follow polls, and should delegitimize them from ever being listed as a responsible polling outfit.

Following polls should cause you great concern for people who follow polls. Anyway I'm off to DickMorris.com to get an honest, nonpartisan view of where the voters stand w/ no agenda behind it.

cnn exit poll numbers from 2008 prez election showed 26% voters self identified as evangelicals/fundamentalists. 74% of these voted for mccain/palin. by my math, nearly 1/5 mccain voters were self described evangelical. if you don't find this a substantial contingency of the repub party then we have nothing further to discuss on this subject. can't link 2ndary to browser problems but should be simple enough for ya'll to confirm.

Edited by birdog1960

Just when you think birdog is the king of progressive stupidity, look who shows up to fight for the crown.

So since Akin represents all right-wing extremists, I guess all progressives believe Guam will tip over if too many people stand on it? And all progressives believe the people who name hurricanes hate black people because they won't name a hurricane Janiqua. And all progressives believe there are Klingons in the White House.

See how unbelievably stupid you sound?

Probably not.

Right, accept the fate of Guam, and the naming of hurricanes isn't championed on the national scale by...anyone. And certainly not in the same divisive way that abortion is.