Clayton: Jets have empty bucket at RT

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about a story that my cousin's auto mechanic read that the Colts were willing to trade Luck to the Bills for a bucket of wings and a case if Genny Cream, but Nix had Fitz rated higher and laughed at the deal. Stupid Nix.

PTR

I remember listening to the draft in the car as I was heading home and screaming an expletive when SF drafted Willis.

I was with my wife at Lowes when they drafted Maybin, she thought I was going to cry and was worried that I read an email that something bad happened to a family member.

She took me to an ice cream shop to split a sundae with me to cheer me up. (I think she had designs on the sundae the whole time, but thats neither her nor there)

How pathetic is that?

Other Memorable draft moment, 2004 The Washington Redskins draft Sean Taylor, looking at the board all the teams were set at QB until the Bills picked. Steelers seemed set at QB with Tommy Maddox coming off 3500+ yard season and the Jests had Pennington. We were BBQing for the draft (Back when the draft started Saturday afternoon like it should!) and I was at my friends house that was a huge Steelers fan. I loved Big Ben coming out of college and was talking him up, like the Bills are going to take him . . .He is huge . . He has a big arm . . .He can play in the swirling winds of Rich Stadium .. .he is going to turn the franchise around. . . Already had visions of him wearing Red, white, and Buffalo Bills' Blue hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

My Steelers fan friend, is like " I never head of this guy. Miami of Ohio? Shouldn't he have to pick one. Miami or Ohio ha hahah . ."

Steelers pick comes "With the 1st pick of the 2004 NFL draft the Steelers take Ben Roethlisburger . . ."

He still texts me after a big play or a Super Bowl win "Tell me about this Big Ben guy again . . ."

:death:

Edited by Why So Serious?

I understand you are just the messenger so this isnt aimed at you personally, but I dont believe any of that. Even considering how poorly that FO drafted and evaluated talent. If Willis had been there for our pick, we were taking him over Lynch. But we both just guessing.

OTOH, I heard Marv Levy say they had McCargo rated the same as Ngata on their draft board.