Clayton: Jets have empty bucket at RT

SO SERIOUS , BE thankful that next years draft is loaded at linebacker . cross your fingers and hope for teo,mingo,jones,or montgomery.

,we passed on p.willis by not swapping picks with the 49ers because the bills wouldnt include a extra 4th,,, :wallbash: , cushing ,barwin and most recently brooks reed for arron williams, so we will see .

Did not know that...that would have been worth it and I am not saying that just by the way he has performed in the NFL. I really wanted that guy in a Bills uniform.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not know that...that would have been worth it and I am not saying that just by the way he has performed in the NFL. I really wanted that guy in a Bills uniform.

Does Tombstone have any proof that SF was willing to trade Willis for a 4th rd pick, or is it something he came up with in a drunken stupor?

PTR

SO SERIOUS , BE thankful that next years draft is loaded at linebacker . cross your fingers and hope for teo,mingo,jones,or montgomery.

,we passed on p.willis by not swapping picks with the 49ers because the bills wouldnt include a extra 4th,,, :wallbash: , cushing ,barwin and most recently brooks reed for arron williams, so we will see .

I need a link or something, as in all of my years of following the Bills and the draft, I have never heard that mentioned regarding that pick. I know we wanted him, and I know the 49ers wanted him. Why would they give up the best LB in the draft, and their starter for years to come, for a 4th?

Don't get me started on the 2011 draft!

I would have taken:

Jabaal Sheard

Akeem Ayers

Bruce Carter

Jarvis Jenkins

Brooks Reed

Kyle Rudolph

over Aaron Williams

I would have taken:

Justin Houston

Martez Wilson

Ryan Mallett

Mason Foster

over Kelvin Shepp

and I would have taken:

Colin McCarthy

Sam Acho

Over Searcy.

Great we got 2 secondary members with all that Front7 talent! Yay!

I men the Bills drafted solid players, but it was kind of hard to screw up the 2011 draft, In 25 years from now I believe it will go down as the most talented draft in NFL history.

Starting with Cam Newton, Marcell Dareus, Von Miller, Jake Locker, Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, down to solid contributors like Sam Acho. It really is going to be a special class imo.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The sad thing is we traded up to get Poz when we could have had David Harris, who I personally would have drafted or Lamarr Woodley (which probably wouldn't have worked in B-Lo.)

Problem with Poz is he came out of Overrated U. Where TONS of so called stars come out and underachieve in the NFL.

They were talking about this on NFL Sirius Radio yesterday. The Jets are in big trouble. Apparently, Ferguson also is not playing as well as he has in the past.

I am anxious to see what our new defensive line can do against these guys.

The Jets are screwed at RT. No one out there is worth anything, meaning they'd have to get lucky to find an unproven player to pickup of waivers or trade for, and get him up to speed before half the season is over. It's going to have to be Hunter and Keller blocking.

They were talking about this on NFL Sirius Radio yesterday. The Jets are in big trouble. Apparently, Ferguson also is not playing as well as he has in the past.

I am anxious to see what our new defensive line can do against these guys.

Let's hope the Minny game isn't a blue print for offenses against the Bills. Once you get past the front four, you have 10-15 yards of clear sailing.

Jet's LT is horrendous as well. Most oeverated LT in football. Ferguson will be destroyed by Anderson!!! Also SJ will urinate on Revis once again!

Even if Anderson can't destroy Ferguson, they'll need to commit at least 6 offensive players to blocking 4 Bills DL, unless their LG and Mangold can go one-on-one against Kyle and Marcell, allowing the RG to help the RT.

I need a link or something, as in all of my years of following the Bills and the draft, I have never heard that mentioned regarding that pick. I know we wanted him, and I know the 49ers wanted him. Why would they give up the best LB in the draft, and their starter for years to come, for a 4th?

A story that was circulating a while after the draft was that the 49rs did offer to trade the pick to us thinking we wanted Willis, but that the Bills laughed at the offer. The story claimed that we actually had Poz ranked higher than Willis (Yikes!), so we weren't going to give anything extra to get Willis. And in fact we traded up for Poz later on.

Jet's LT is horrendous as well. Most oeverated LT in football. Ferguson will be destroyed by Anderson!!! Also SJ will urinate on Revis once again!

Fergueson is Joe Jacoby compared to Wayne Hunter. Also as good as Mangold is he hasn't been a rock this pre-season. Their guard situation isn't exactly settled. Their whole line has been weak this pre-season and they are coming off of a weak season from the season before.

Since Alan Faneca left the Jets Line has just been bad.

A story that was circulating a while after the draft was that the 49rs did offer to trade the pick to us thinking we wanted Willis, but that the Bills laughed at the offer. The story claimed that we actually had Poz ranked higher than Willis (Yikes!), so we weren't going to give anything extra to get Willis. And in fact we traded up for Poz later on.

I understand you are just the messenger so this isnt aimed at you personally, but I dont believe any of that. Even considering how poorly that FO drafted and evaluated talent. If Willis had been there for our pick, we were taking him over Lynch. But we both just guessing.

I understand you are just the messenger so this isnt aimed at you personally, but I dont believe any of that. Even considering how poorly that FO drafted and evaluated talent. If Willis had been there for our pick, we were taking him over Lynch. But we both just guessing.

Yeah, part of the worry for a bunch of us interested in Willis was that the 49ers loved him...which proved to be true.

I don't think there was ever a thought by SF's front office to trade with Buffalo in the hopes that Willis would still be there. Please note, I am not suggesting that at all. I am just saying that I can't imagine them risking their prize in the draft when they knew the team behind them coveted Willis just as much.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Yeah, part of the worry for a bunch of us interested in Willis was that the 49ers loved him...which proved to be true.

I don't think there was ever a thought by SF's front office to trade with Buffalo in the hopes that Willis would still be there. Please note, I am not suggesting that at all. I am just saying that I can't imagine them risking their prize in the draft when they knew the team behind them coveted Willis just as much.

I remember listening to the draft in the car as I was heading home and screaming an expletive when SF drafted Willis.