Augusta National Admits first two Women Members!

millbank

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Augusta-National-adds-first-2-female-members-.html

Augusta National has admitted its first two Women members and will be admitted into membership of this golf club this fall . It has long been a controversy that women have been excluded from membership of this club, what say you on this subject. Yay or Nay.

On side note got to believe in not to far future will be a Female Masters golf tournament at this golf club.

And be good all of you and don't turn this into a "would you" thread.

Will admit I understand the decision given the time we live, but am disappointed, simply I do see a place for Men only , Women only facilities. frankly I not on board to this all homogenous world of today, mind you I just old guy and at that given these sort of changes , glad I am. Shudder to think what the future does hold sometimes. imo.

Augusta National has admitted its first two Women members and will be admitted into membership of this golf club this fall . It has long been a controversy that women have been excluded from membership of this club, what say you on this subject. Yay or Nay.

On side note got to believe in not to far future will be a Female Masters golf tournament at this golf club.

I say Yay to Augusta making their own decisions in their own timeframe about their own membership and I say Nay to ignorant, self-annointed 'activists' who think they have the right to tell other people how to run their club.

And be good all of you and don't turn this into a "would you" thread.

I think we covered the Would Ya's on Condi Rice back in the Bush era.

Think they really like IBM as a sponsor, and with a new female CEO.. the no females policy could become an issue.

on the other side is Burning Tree..unabashedly all male..not even a female pisser in the whole place. Women are invited to come in and shop in the proshop on a certaain day in December...and that is it.

Love the theory it wa sstartyed by a foursome that was delayed behind a group of women playing at Chevy Chase..that is just too funny!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Tree_Club

I was invited for a round at a very well known Men's Only club a few years ago (not Augusta). And I have to say was desperately hoping for some female influence after a while. It was way too macho feeling.

The joke was on the members who thought they were being "manly" playing golf without shirts and marching around the clubhouse full-monty after coming out of the showers, when reality they came across as quite gay.

Club pool was like this .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipmCDzNRIDE&feature=related

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Ehhhhh, I dont know how to feel about this. Im all about equality... when it comes to government and stuff. But a private club should be able to make it's own rules. Whatever they may be, or however "bigoted" (for lack of better term) they may be. It's their private club.

Is this the "punishment" the club receives for becoming too popular or famous?

Ehhhhh, I dont know how to feel about this. Im all about equality... when it comes to government and stuff. But a private club should be able to make it's own rules. Whatever they may be, or however "bigoted" (for lack of better term) they may be. It's their private club.

Is this the "punishment" the club receives for becoming too popular or famous?

No one forced them.

Though I agree it should be their choice - they chose.