Biggest Impact Player - Offense or Defense.

I am as frustrated as the next fan with the lack of production in our first team offense as well as the bend and break defensive showing in the first two games. I was really hoping for a dominating first two series of downs from both units and it really looked somewhat suspect. Perhaps Chan and Wannstache wanted the Dline to allow some RB 's to get through in order to evaluate our LB corps. Offensively, I am hoping Chan is running some vanilla plays and holding out for the regular season to bring out the fireworks. Who the heck knows...but as far as which player will have the biggest positive impact on this team this year (either offense or defense) I am torn between Mark Anderson and Scott Chandler.

Anderson has huge wing span, is quick, powerful and has shown up in the backfield numerous times, great leaping ability and has an assortment of moves. Mario, Dareus and Kyle will open alot of one on one opporunities for Anderson and I think of any defensive linemen (as well as defensive players in general), he will have a very big impact on this team (QB's rushing throws, stripping the ball, interceptions on blocked passes, etc).

Chandler is a quiet guy but I like his ability to catch the ball down the middle, good hands, reliable, smart and knows the routes, Fitz can rely on the fact he will be where he is supposed to be, decent blocker. In this complex passing scheme of Chan's, I think Chandler will be a go to receiver when the others (Stevie, Nelson and TJ or Jones) are locked up. I see big things from Chandler this year.

I give the edge to Anderson.

I'm actually not that frustrated. I was not expecting a storybook season with us winning all our preseason games and dominating the AFCE to earn a home game in the playoffs. We have some talent but not yet enough for a fairy tale season. I expect us to struggle, have problems, but hopefully sneak into the playoffs anyway.

My prediction for impact players is mainstream. I think Mario will do great on defense, though our D will have some other stars too. And I think Freddie is the engine that drives the train on Offense.