Anthony Ortolani doesn't deserve to own a dog

Beerball

I live in Thailand, Asia in general is no place to be a dog.... puts these kind of stories in a different perspective.

Pssssh. Leaving the dog to die with not even the slightest effort to help it and then asking for it back when someone else decides to go back for it is a prick move no matter what you've seen.

Read an awful story down here the other day. Person put a jug on a dogs head and cut air holes in it so it could breathe but not eat as a way to torture/kill it. Can't even imagine what a person who does that is truly capable of.

Edited by NoSaint

You'd literally have to strap me down to keep from trying to carry my dog down, or at the very least, going right back up once the "younger hiker" was safe and bring the dog back whichever way it turned out.

I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror otherwise.

As I've posted before, me and my GSP were attacked by a pit bull / Cane corso and a boxer last summer. About five minutes in, the thought of making a run for it and saving myself crossed my mind for about half a second. I've got scars on my hand, but my little boy is still alive.

You'd literally have to strap me down to keep from trying to carry my dog down, or at the very least, going right back up once the "younger hiker" was safe and bring the dog back whichever way it turned out.

I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror otherwise.

As I've posted before, me and my GSP were attacked by a pit bull / Cane corso and a boxer last summer. About five minutes in, the thought of making a run for it and saving myself crossed my mind for about half a second. I've got scars on my hand, but my little boy is still alive.

I didn't read any of these stories you guys are talking about cause if I did it would take me literally days to get my mind off of it...but I support and agree with this sentiment 100%. I even have little harness/sack things that I configured at my apartment in case there is ever a fire so that I can lower my dog to the ground before I jump out. My dogs are my kids (in lieu of actually having kids, in this case) and I treat them as such. People who are so willing to accept the unconditional love that dogs provide, and then turn their backs on them so quickly, are heartless. I'm not advocating ever choosing a dog over a human, and that's mainly because that's how the DOG would have it.

Pssssh. Leaving the dog to die with not even the slightest effort to help it and then asking for it back when someone else decides to go back for it is a prick move no matter what you've seen.

Read an awful story down here the other day. Person put a jug on a dogs head and cut air holes in it so it could breathe but not eat as a way to torture/kill it. Can't even imagine what a person who does that is truly capable of.

But can he win us some games? Sign Vick! Lot's of people just don't seem to think it means anything.

• 5 weeks later...