Bills could challenge for Division

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote the Bills talent is "arguably" equal to the Pats* across the board. That means more than just a comparison of QBs. The Bills have, arguably, a better OL, better RBs, better D line, better secondary, and better ST.

Well on paper anyways. Lets play some games. other than Gailey outsmarting the Hoody in B-lo at the end of the game last year. Bellichek is a far superior coach. Until proven otherwise.

Corrected.

I call BS. Outside of a disgruntled Welker who do the Pats have?

QB - Pats

WR - draw

TE - Pats

RB - Bills

OL - Bills

DL - BILLS by a mile!

LB - Pats

DB - Bills

P - Bills

K - Pats

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What does the 2012 Buffalo BIlls roster and how it stacks up against the 2012 rosters of the Pats*, Jets, and Fish have to do with what you just wrote? This is the first year since 2002 that, on paper, the Bills appear to have superior talent to both the Jets and Fish, and arguably equal to the Pats.*

Go talk to an Eagles fan. Being champions on paper means jack.

There's no question Brady is better than Fitz. IMO, Brady is the best modern day player, and could be the best QB to ever play the game. The Pats have a great trio of Gronk, Hernandez & Welker and I consider them better than the Bills trio of Johnson, Chandler & Nelson, but our receiving trio is pretty good. Our RB's, Jackson & Spiller are much better than anyone the Pats have. On paper, the Bills D looks much better than the Pats D. Defense wins championships, ask the Pats how they did against the Giants twice in the Superbowl.

Your opinion is dead wrong. Just look at the times he loses to an agressive defense. Like the giants, ravens, and jets, he looks like a little boy scared in the dark. His passing becomes way less accurate. He passes faster than he would like to. Because he's scared. You can just see it in his face, "Why are they doing this to me"

Peyton and Farve dont play like that. They may lose to an agressive defense, but will not play chicken. Peyton does slide. But that's just common sense and he doesnt lose his composure like Brady does.

Ps. Peyton Manning is the best qb to ever play the game imo. Always alert. Catches teams offsides. Despite having a terrible oline, he makes it happen. Brady cannot win this way. He needs a great supporting cast (coaching, oline, etc.)

Chop the head(Brady) off the snake and we'll see how good all those WR's and TE's really are.

Their tight ends are excellent. That's about the only compliment they'll get from me.

Not to be a debbie downer: The Bills arrow is definitely up, and 8-10 wins in my eyes seems like a very realistic expectation. The Bills finally beat New England last year but let's not get too crazy here: New England is still elite, and looks poised for a 13 win season, even if Buffalo beats NE once again, I don't see the Bills having that 12-13 win look, at least in 2012. The Bills still have some holes, and need more experience together as a unit to take that leap to 12 wins or more.

But even having said this, I have not had this much genuine excitement for a Bills season in 15+ years.

Edited by Williams & Williams

Your opinion is dead wrong. Just look at the

Peyton and Farve dont play like that. They may lose to an agressive defense, but will not play chicken. Peyton does slide. But that's just common sense and he doesnt lose his composure like Brady does.

Ps. Peyton Manning is the best qb to ever play the game imo. Always alert. Catches teams offsides. Despite having a terrible oline, he makes it happen. Brady cannot win this way. He needs a great supporting cast (coaching, oline, etc.)

I partially agree with you.

IMO, Brady is a product of his supporting cast. Case and point : 2008 Pats and 2011 Colts. Brady goes out for the season and the Pats* still go 11-5. Peyton Manning goes out for a season and the Colts go 1-15.

The Pats OL, has been the key to their past success. Just about any QB can look great behind it.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Your opinion is dead wrong. Just look at the times he loses to an agressive defense. Like the giants, ravens, and jets, he looks like a little boy scared in the dark. His passing becomes way less accurate. He passes faster than he would like to. Because he's scared. You can just see it in his face, "Why are they doing this to me"

Their tight ends are excellent. That's about the only compliment they'll get from me.

Your opinion is dead wrong. First off, I'm not a Brady fan, but I respect what he does. Brady went to 5 Superbowls and won 3 of them. Right now, that's better than Favre, Manning and any other modern day QB.

In 2006, the Pats went to the AFC Championship game, and lost a very close game to the Colts. The Pats 2 top WR's were Troy Brown, and Reche Caldwell (not exactly top of the line WR's). So Brady has shown he can get the job done, even with sub-par talent around him. When the Pats went 11-5 when Brady went out, the Pats were 16-0 the year prior, something no team has done in the modern era. I'm not trying to discount anyone here, but they still had a great team from the year before. Last season, Brady broke Marino's single season passing record, with 5,235 yards, something Manning and Favre have not done. Brady beat Manning's single season TD record with 50 TD's. Also, Favre was an interception machine, something that Brady is not.

Manning did not fare well against the Chargers or Pats for most of the last decade. Favre's interceptions cost the Packers multiple trips to the Superbowl, and the Vikings a trip as well.

Your opinion is dead wrong. First off, I'm not a Brady fan, but I respect what he does. Brady went to 5 Superbowls and won 3 of them. Right now, that's better than Favre, Manning and any other modern day QB.

In 2006, the Pats went to the AFC Championship game, and lost a very close game to the Colts. The Pats 2 top WR's were Troy Brown, and Reche Caldwell (not exactly top of the line WR's). So Brady has shown he can get the job done, even with sub-par talent around him. When the Pats went 11-5 when Brady went out, the Pats were 16-0 the year prior, something no team has done in the modern era. I'm not trying to discount anyone here, but they still had a great team from the year before. Last season, Brady broke Marino's single season passing record, with 5,235 yards, something Manning and Favre have not done. Brady beat Manning's single season TD record with 50 TD's. Also, Favre was an interception machine, something that Brady is not.

Manning did not fare well against the Chargers or Pats for most of the last decade. Favre's interceptions cost the Packers multiple trips to the Superbowl, and the Vikings a trip as well.

Your looking at his successes. Concentrate on his recent playoff defeats. The ravens and jets embarassed him. Badly.

Plus they were caught cheating. You think I will give him any credit when they had an unfair advantage? Screw that and screw him.

Oh and I almost forgot. What about all the ticky tack penalties that get called in his favor or the fake pass interference calls.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this. Doesnt Peyton call his own plays, but Brady gets them called in???

You love Brady obviously. But not me.

Regarding your 2006 argument of sub par talent. I checked out some stats. Again, you are wrong. You failed to mention that they had a tight end, Ben Watson. Who was #2 with 49 receptions. You also failed to mention they had 2 rbs that year that both almost had 800 yrds each. Corey Dillon (ex great bengal) with 812 yards and Lawrence Maroney with another 745 yards. Add multi tasker Kevin Faulk in the mix. You had a very talented offense. Very balanced actually. I wont even mention the speedy receiver who they had on their team, but didnt utilize as much.

Ps. I dont like Farve. He is overrated. I only mentioned him because of the style of play. He threw waaaaay tooooo many ints imo.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Your looking at his successes. Concentrate on his recent playoff defeats. The ravens and jets embarassed him. Badly.

Plus they were caught cheating. You think I will give him any credit when they had an unfair advantage? Screw that and screw him.

Oh and I almost forgot. What about all the ticky tack penalties that get called in his favor or the fake pass interference calls.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this. Doesnt Peyton call his own plays, but Brady gets them called in???

You love Brady obviously. But not me.

Ps. I dont like Farve. He is overrated. I only mentioned him because of the style of play. He threw waaaaay tooooo many ints imo.

Stats don't lie. Yes, they were caught cheating, but you mean to tell me they were the only team in the NFL to be doing that? Eric Mangini knew about it from his time in NE, so he decided to blow the Pats in for it.

As far as getting favorable calls from the refs, it just doesn't happen to Brady, it happens to the players and teams that the NFL wants to win (see the Steelers/Seahawks Superbowl).

I'll give Manning a ton of credit as well, he is an offensive coordinator when he is on the field. But, he's had some great talent on his teams, and only won 1 superbowl (Harrison, Wayne, Clark, E. James, just to name a few). In Manning's first few years in the league, he couldn't win a playoff game.

The key to beating any QB is constant pressure. It doesn't matter if it's Brady, the Manning bros, Brees, Rodgers or any top QB. I would love to see Tommy Boy take a pounding from our D-line this year, and the Bills sweep the division by going 6-0 (now is that going to happen...probably not, but it would be great to see).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

The key to beating any QB is constant pressure. It doesn't matter if it's Brady, the Manning bros, Brees, Rodgers or any top QB. I would love to see Tommy Boy take a pounding from our D-line this year, and the Bills sweep the division by going 6-0 (now is that going to happen...probably not, but it would be great to see).

Your absolutely correct. But, compare Bradys line to Mannings. Brady has been sitting on easy street with the offensive line he has ha. Manning hasn't had nearly the talent on the OL the Brady has had. Hence why another QB, could come in and preform well when Brady went down. Manning goes down and all the little things that Manning disguised or made up for, went out the window. Hell that's why commentators joked about Manning being last years MVP. He was clearly the most valuable player on the Colts team.

If you have an amazing OL, its easy to sit in the pocket and look great.

Stats don't lie. Yes, they were caught cheating, but you mean to tell me they were the only team in the NFL to be doing that? Eric Mangini knew about it from his time in NE, so he decided to blow the Pats in for it.

As far as getting favorable calls from the refs, it just doesn't happen to Brady, it happens to the players and teams that the NFL wants to win (see the Steelers/Seahawks Superbowl).

I'll give Manning a ton of credit as well, he is an offensive coordinator when he is on the field. But, he's had some great talent on his teams, and only won 1 superbowl (Harrison, Wayne, Clark, E. James, just to name a few). In Manning's first few years in the league, he couldn't win a playoff game.

They are the only team that I can remember being caught cheating. So yes, only they cheat.

I went back to edit my post a bit. Your argument about the 2006 patriots having sub par talent is incorrect. I didnt even mention the 44 sacks they had that year. Or the 22 ints. Remember when we only had like 10 or 12 sacks a year ago...... You call that subpar....

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

They are the only team that I can remember being caught cheating. So yes, only they cheat.

I went back to edit my post a bit. Your argument about the 2006 patriots having sub par talent is incorrect. I didnt even mention the 44 sacks they had that year. Or the 22 ints. Remember when we only had like 10 or 12 sacks a year ago...... You call that subpar....

Here's what I wrote: "In 2006, the Pats went to the AFC Championship game, and lost a very close game to the Colts. The Pats 2 top WR's were Troy Brown, and Reche Caldwell (not exactly top of the line WR's). So Brady has shown he can get the job done, even with sub-par talent around him." Where did I say the Patriots overall had sub-par talent? I said Brown & Caldwell were sub-par, which was in rebuttal to your argument about Manning & Favre.

Anything else you want to twist around?