Bills could challenge for Division

Finally, someone in the media is giving the Bills a chance in the AFC East:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Steve-Wyche-Bills-Could-Challenge-for-Division/4d1257c6-229c-4527-9bf0-10662547b09a

"Going in to this Bills season, expectations seem to be higher than ever around Western New York. Apparently the same can be said around the league, and NFL Network's Steve Wyche is leading his own charge. When appearing on The John Murphy Show, Wyche (the host of NFL AM) admitted that he's a huge fan of Chan Gailey's and if Ryan Fitzpatrickicon-article-link.gif can cut down on the gun-slinging then Buffalo has a very good chance to push New England for the divisional crown. He also believes that since we have a front four wih six starters the Bills defense will be a force to be reckoned with."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll rarely find anyone in the national media willing to go out and make a risky prediction like the Bills winning the AFC East.

I've seen this phenomena as a Pittsburgh Pirates fan this year. There are no better bandwagon jumpers than the national media.

The Patriots can't be great forever. Fatigue, age and complacency always take their toll. The Patriots have benefited from a decade plus of being in a division of teams that haven't had their act together. I believe at this point, the Bills do.

You'll rarely find anyone in the national media willing to go out and make a risky prediction like the Bills winning the AFC East.

I've seen this phenomena as a Pittsburgh Pirates fan this year. There are no better bandwagon jumpers than the national media.

The Patriots can't be great forever. Fatigue, age and complacency always take their toll. The Patriots have benefited from a decade plus of being in a division of teams that haven't had their act together. I believe at this point, the Bills do.

What he said :thumbsup:

I bet the NFL Network reprimands Steve Wyche for the following 2 reasons...

1. He spoke about the Bills

2. He spoke positively about the Bills

3 weeks off, no pay :w00t:

It's not even just about the Pats. We struggle against the Dolphins AND Jets.

Mainly because our defense has sucked since Pat Williams wasn't resigned (granted, he wasn't the only reason, but it started going downhill from there). With a new and proven DC [Wannstedt], compared to George Edwards (who was in way over his head), plus the D-line additions, I expect the next meeting with our division rivals to be much different (and in the Bills favor).

Mainly because our defense has sucked since Pat Williams wasn't resigned (granted, he wasn't the only reason, but it started going downhill from there). With a new and proven DC [Wannstedt], compared to George Edwards (who was in way over his head), plus the D-line additions, I expect the next meeting with our division rivals to be much different (and in the Bills favor).

We've been struggling with divisional games since the day before forever. Since 2002, we've posted a 20-40 record in divisional games and only one winning divisional record since then. It's pathetic. So many of you can say whatever you want about the Jets and Fins, we suck against them too. If we beat the Pats twice and lose 4 against the Fins and Jets, then who cares about the 2 wins against the Pats? I'd rather lose 2 to the Pats and sweep the Fins and Jets. It's not a 2 team race and I'm not underestimating the other 2 teams.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

We've been struggling with divisional games since the day before forever. Since 2002, we've posted a 20-40 record in divisional games and only one winning divisional record since then. It's pathetic. So many of you can say whatever you want about the Jets and Fins, we suck against them too. If we beat the Pats twice and lose 4 against the Fins and Jets, then who cares about the 2 wins against the Pats? I'd rather lose 2 to the Pats and sweep the Fins and Jets. It's not a 2 team race and I'm not underestimating the other 2 teams.

What does the 2012 Buffalo BIlls roster and how it stacks up against the 2012 rosters of the Pats*, Jets, and Fish have to do with what you just wrote? This is the first year since 2002 that, on paper, the Bills appear to have superior talent to both the Jets and Fish, and arguably equal to the Pats.*

What does the 2012 Buffalo BIlls roster and how it stacks up against the 2012 rosters of the Pats*, Jets, and Fish have to do with what you just wrote? This is the first year since 2002 that, on paper, the Bills appear to have superior talent to both the Jets and Fish, and arguably equal to the Pats.*

Disagree. The Pats* quarterback is light years better than the Bills. Although their receivers may be suspect one thing for sure. The Bills have no Welker, Gronk, hernandez. Advantage the Pats*

Disagree. The Pats* quarterback is light years better than the Bills. Although their receivers may be suspect one thing for sure. The Bills have no Welker, Gronk, hernandez. Advantage the Pats*

There's no question Brady is better than Fitz. IMO, Brady is the best modern day player, and could be the best QB to ever play the game. The Pats have a great trio of Gronk, Hernandez & Welker and I consider them better than the Bills trio of Johnson, Chandler & Nelson, but our receiving trio is pretty good. Our RB's, Jackson & Spiller are much better than anyone the Pats have. On paper, the Bills D looks much better than the Pats D. Defense wins championships, ask the Pats how they did against the Giants twice in the Superbowl.

I wrote the Bills talent is "arguably" equal to the Pats* across the board. That means more than just a comparison of QBs. The Bills have, arguably, a better OL, better RBs, better D line, better secondary, and better ST.