Jets' "offensive" offensive personnel

eball

The Jets beat us twice last year, I don't care what they do over in NYC, but until the Bills beat the Jets I'm not going to say the Jets offense sucks... Lets get a damn win first..!

Well that's good since they aren't doing anything in NYC. And what they are actually doing in Jersey is putting on a circus.

It was a blast listening to Ross Tucker this a.m. on SiriusXM NFL Radio on my way into the office. He was running through the Jets' skill players on offense and concluded they are probably "bottom 5" in the NFL in that regard.

Ross' partner on the show, Giants' play-by-play guy Bob Papa, couldn't come up with a decent argument in rebuttal, other that to surmise Dustin Keller at TE is probably underrated (with which Tucker agreed).

It brings into perspective all of the Tebow nonsense, Cromartie playing WR, and "secret" wildcat practices. The Jets know they stink on offense, and are trying to create some sort of buzz or fear heading into the season.

I can't wait for Sep. 9 to get here.

As much as I hate that team, "bottom 5"?

Santonio Holmes is a top-10 receiver. Kerley is a really good slot guy. Shonne Greene, while inconsistent, is no slouch.

While Sanchez sucks, there are probably 10 starting QB's in the league worse than him (maybe--I'd have to count).

As much as I hate that team, "bottom 5"?

Santonio Holmes is a top-10 receiver. Kerley is a really good slot guy. Shonne Greene, while inconsistent, is no slouch.

While Sanchez sucks, there are probably 10 starting QB's in the league worse than him (maybe--I'd have to count).

In what world is Santonio top 10? He's not even top 20. No other receiver on that roster is even worthy of mention.

I think Tucker's point is valid -- when you compare the sum total of skill players on each roster, the Jets' personnel stinks. If you disagree with Ross, how about listing at least five teams whose skill players taken as a whole (QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE) are worse than the Jets?