Jets' "offensive" offensive personnel

eball

It was a blast listening to Ross Tucker this a.m. on SiriusXM NFL Radio on my way into the office. He was running through the Jets' skill players on offense and concluded they are probably "bottom 5" in the NFL in that regard.

Ross' partner on the show, Giants' play-by-play guy Bob Papa, couldn't come up with a decent argument in rebuttal, other that to surmise Dustin Keller at TE is probably underrated (with which Tucker agreed).

It brings into perspective all of the Tebow nonsense, Cromartie playing WR, and "secret" wildcat practices. The Jets know they stink on offense, and are trying to create some sort of buzz or fear heading into the season.

I can't wait for Sep. 9 to get here.

Edited by eball

<bump> Really surprised nobody has any comments for this thread, considering this is a divisional foe and the Bills' week one opponent. I find it interesting even the national media are starting to see through the Jets' facade.

Will the first game be "easy" for the Bills? Probably not -- the Jets' defense should still be stout. But Buffalo may pitch a shutout.

My prediction...

TOTAL HUMILIATION for the inept Rex Ryan and his circus-sideshow roster of talentless, ersatz professional athletes.

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

My prediction...

TOTAL HUMILIATION for the inept Rex Ryan and his circus-sideshow roster of talentless, ersatz professional athletes.

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Phil Ranallo would be proud!

GO BILLS!!!

I certainly don't see the Jets running on us like the past few seasons. That alone will make it Sanchez vs. the Bills pass rush which is good for us. Shut down Keller, and its game over IMO.

My only concern is our CBs holding up, but then again outside of a banged up Santonio, they have no WRs.

Best case scenario is the Bills are up 30ish-10ish in the 4th quarter and Tebow comes in and leads a TD drive to add fuel to the media circus fire that will be erupting the next day.

With the lack of offensive talent, an aging defense & mediocre pass rush and all the circus media hype personnel distractions I honestly believe that if Rex Ryan gets this team to 10 wins he deserves to be named coach of the year--- I'm not saying this to be funny or condescending either, I truly believe he'll have earned that recognition. I don't know what this team's identity is supposed to be on either offense or defense. It's too close to the start of the season for the ship to still be rudderless.

Ross Tucker usually has well thought out conclusions. If he says the jests aren't what they used to be then he's probably right. A good article he wrote on NFL o-lines articulates the responsibilities of each position and stating how being a right guard takes much more talent than most people realize. Although Ross is mainly an o-line guy, I wonder what Rex thinks of his confidence in his team? Not much I suppose.

Edited by Pilsner

yeah....I heard a Rex Ryan press conference clip....and it was literally a repeat of the last one I heard

"Well, you have to prepare for the Wildcat. We may run it once we may run it 50 times. Either way...you have to prepare for it"

Rex sounds like a certain political campaign: we've got nothing, and we've done nothing to make things better...but we are going to try and repeat some minor thing about what the other guy's problems are, over and over, and hope that sooner or later it sticks, as both important and factual.

The chief issue on the 9th remains: Wayne Hunter RT vs. Mario Williams LDE

Even if they run the Wildcat every down...they still have major problems against our front 7.

The key to the game right now? Can our offense score TDs early? If we can, we take away their "ground and pound" game and force them to throw...which means we win. That's no big secret. It's straightforward. Everybody should already know that. Now we just have to go do it.

I like Rex and Sanchez as people, but I cannot stand their fans and most of their players. Tebow tried all his crap against us last year and we shut him down, I expect an exciting but low scoring game this time.

I agree that Keller is dangerous and Moats isn't known as a cover guy so they will probably attack that matchup (motion away from Barnett, who covers well). I can see George Wilson having a monster game in coverage support there, and as a Tebow spy.

Mangold is a stud but he cant block Kyle AND Marcell both so......

Hey these guys beat us twice last year, and we are starting a rookie LT against an aggressive blitzing D, but if we can win this opener we will be favored in the next two games against CLE and KC.

Fitz will have to sling some long balls or expect the usual Rex 8 in the box. In order to do that he needs time to step up and into his throws which means Cordy is a huge key to this game. TE's and RB's can only help so much in pass protection, the rook needs to represent in a big way for us.....

More Tucker comments this a.m.: talking about who is in contention for the "non Baltimore/Pitt" wild card in the AFC he included the Bills, Jets, Bengals, Titans, Chargers, and Chiefs. When pressed he said he'd probably take the Jets off that list first. A jackass Jets' fan (I know, I'm repeating myself) called in and asked the typical, "you really think Buffalo with Fitzpatrick is ahead of the Jets?" question.

Without missing a beat, Tucker replied, "Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Sanchez." Thanks for the call, Jets fan.

The Jets beat us twice last year, I don't care what they do over in NYC, but until the Bills beat the Jets I'm not going to say the Jets offense sucks... Lets get a damn win first..!

That's just silly. Personnel is what it is, and both the Jets and Bills look much different than they did even one short season ago. I guess I can understand not wanting to get too excited before any games are played, but all signs suggest the balance of power between these two clubs has shifted significantly in Buffalo's favor.

<bump> Really surprised nobody has any comments for this thread, considering this is a divisional foe and the Bills' week one opponent. I find it interesting even the national media are starting to see through the Jets' facade.

Will the first game be "easy" for the Bills? Probably not -- the Jets' defense should still be stout. But Buffalo may pitch a shutout.

How could they not, eball, as they've been so far up the Jets' backside in camp that when Sanchez looks in the mirror he sees the ESPN logo in his eyes.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts