Plax to work out for Patriots per ESPN Text

boyst

Nix has done a very nice job, so it's hard to be too critical. But I'm not sure I understand the Meachem or nothing WR approach. This team desperately needs an experienced WR. I think guys like Plax, T.O., Lloyd, would be perfect for that role. I'm not sure why Nix stopped looking and so suddenly became ok with our situation as soon as Meachem signed with another team. Obviously we aren't privy to what they talk about, but the total inactivity seems to suggest.

Just my guess, but I think they had planned on using the bulk of their cash on DEs, and thought they'd be able to get WRs cheaper. However, they quickly learned the market had other plans when Meachem, VJackson, etc all went on to sign BIG contracts. We were lucky SJ13 signed when he did, and we got such a discount on him when compared to how much FA WRs were signing for this year.

Nix has been pretty good at identifying the same problems we see as fans, and he has proven he will spend money when the value is there. I just think the WR market went a little haywire this off-season and it scared the Bills off. I dont blame them either. We have plenty of needs, and plenty of guys we will need to re-sign. I'd rather have Levitre and Byrd, than just Meachem.

There was a report that Plax was willing to sign for the league minimum. Seems like a small investment to see what this guy has left. The coaches talk about how compition is good. So why not add one more veteren reciever to push these younger guys?

because he takes reps from those receivers..it takes time away from guys that can actually help your team.

Hey Boyst, have you been practicing a bit too much animal husbandry or am I missing something here?

Last year he was all over our DB's so much so that they were pratically raped. It was a poor joke about a poor topic. d'oh.

Last year he was all over our DB's so much so that they were pratically raped. It was a poor joke about a poor topic. d'oh.

Almost as bad as my animal husbandry crack.

Anyways I haven't heard if the Cheatriots*** have extended an offer to Burress but I do know that Chad Johnson is now available!

Plax would be useful to a team who needs a red zone target...although I'm not sure the Pats* fit that bill.

With the Pats* I see a coach (BB) who still realizes the offense is going to need to score a bunch of points because the defensive "upgrades" are not what he hoped they would be.