Plax to work out for Patriots per ESPN Text

boyst

There was a report that Plax was willing to sign for the league minimum. Seems like a small investment to see what this guy has left. The coaches talk about how compition is good. So why not add one more veteren reciever to push these younger guys?

Hoody has Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd, Matthew Slater, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Jabar Gaffney, Britt Davis, Jeremy Ebert, Jesse Holley, plus 6 TE's. http://www.patriots....eam/roster.html

Plax would be the 5th WR with 10 or more years.

Isn't Hoody worried about getting long in the tooth?

I don't know Astro. Keeping him for at least two games against us would be important. That big guy on the outside to dump it to for 8 yards who has proven he can beat us. I would take Plax over Lloyd given all their assets already.

Hoody has Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd, Matthew Slater, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Jabar Gaffney, Britt Davis, Jeremy Ebert, Jesse Holley, plus 6 TE's. http://www.patriots....eam/roster.html

Plax would be the 5th WR with 10 or more years.

Isn't Hoody worried about getting long in the tooth?

HGH is a helluva' drug. Seems to be the Pats* training regimen of choice--just ask good old Rodney Harrison. Only reason he was caught was he was dumb enough to put his real name and address on the order. Methinks that most of his teammates (remember the Cheats* have long been known as a place where formerly washed up vets go to "revive" their careers) were simply smart enough to avoid that mistake.....

I'd love to see what a wr like plax would do get away with in blue. The physical attributes not the head case side.

My biggest fear is that if he got up there he would be able to impregnate our defensive backs. The guy has always been good at being aggressive and hands on but as a Cheatriot he might just be the ultimate supervillian.

Nix has done a very nice job, so it's hard to be too critical. But I'm not sure I understand the Meachem or nothing WR approach. This team desperately needs an experienced WR. I think guys like Plax, T.O., Lloyd, would be perfect for that role. I'm not sure why Nix stopped looking and so suddenly became ok with our situation as soon as Meachem signed with another team. Obviously we aren't privy to what they talk about, but the total inactivity seems to suggest.

My biggest fear is that if he got up there he would be able to impregnate our defensive backs. The guy has always been good at being aggressive and hands on but as a Cheatriot he might just be the ultimate supervillian.

Hey Boyst, have you been practicing a bit too much animal husbandry or am I missing something here?