D.Bell demoted to second team in Philly

Max997

Actually......"Bell signed a five-year deal worth $34.5 million but it included only $2 million in bonus money and a modest $1.15 million 2012 base salary, so the Eagles could get out of the deal fairly painlessly if they want."

That can't be right. The Bills felt he was above average when healthy, I'm surprised they wouldn't have offered him at least that much to re-sign with us. Heck that's dirt cheap for a decent NFL tackle. We pay Brad Smith more than double that number.

The bills have also been shedding players that didn't 'fit'. Given his performance, I don't think they spent a lot of time worrying him if they didn't accept the number they gave him.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be something in the water in Philadelphia. They offer insane contracts in every sport to guys that

cant possibly live up to the hype. Shea Weber, Moyer, Halladay, Lee, Bell, .....

but they make up for it by trading so so QB for the house smh

Actually......"Bell signed a five-year deal worth $34.5 million but it included only $2 million in bonus money and a modest $1.15 million 2012 base salary, so the Eagles could get out of the deal fairly painlessly if they want."

That can't be right. The Bills felt he was above average when healthy, I'm surprised they wouldn't have offered him at least that much to re-sign with us. Heck that's dirt cheap for a decent NFL tackle. We pay Brad Smith more than double that number.

Who knows? They very well might have. LTs are still worth their weight in gold, yet no other team made a better offer to Bell. As I recall, he didn't even get this small (by LT standards) contract until Jason Peters got hurt. But perhaps Bell and his agent truly believed that he would cash in and get paid even the average salary for a starting LT.

The truth is, Bills fans are great. If a player shows hints of ability, we will support him. Bell was very agile. But he is small, weak by LT standards, and constantly injured.He showed flashes of good play, and for this we had to wait several years. And for the most part, Bills fans supported him.

I am not the biggest Nix fan on the board in terms of his drafts. Imo, the only "can't miss" player in the first 2 Nix drafts would appear to be Dareus. I have high hopes for a few others, one of who believe it or not is DB Justin Rogers.Yep, imo Nix continues the tradition of devoting too many resources to the secondary, and of course running backs.

That said, he has brought in NUMEROUS free agents that have improved the football team. If he turns out to be correct wrt his assessment of Bell, Nix deserves yet another tip of the cap.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Bell was good not great, and a bit inconsistent. I can only guess they thought they could coach him better or for some other reason get something different. Also Eagle's offense does not get the ball out quickly like buf.

Either way I hope he finds success. But it won't impact the bills.

Who knows? They very well might have. LTs are still worth their weight in gold, yet no other team made a better offer to Bell. As I recall, he didn't even get this small (by LT standards) contract until Jason Peters got hurt. But perhaps Bell and his agent truly believed that he would cash in and get paid even the average salary for a starting LT.

The truth is, Bills fans are great. If a player shows hints of ability, we will support him. Bell was very agile. But he is small, weak by LT standards, and constantly injured.He showed flashes of good play, and for this we had to wait several years. And for the most part, Bills fans supported him.

I am not the biggest Nix fan on the board in terms of his drafts. Imo, the only "can't miss" player in the first 2 Nix drafts would appear to be Dareus. I have high hopes for a few others, one of who believe it or not is DB Justin Rogers.Yep, imo Nix continues the tradition of devoting too many resources to the secondary, and of course running back.

That said, he has brought in NUMEROUS free agents that have improved the football team. If he turns out to be correct wrt his assessment of Bell, Nix deserves yet another tip of the cap.

The spiller draft looked completely different than the last two. I am convinced that was Mordak's last hurrah. He was still resonsinle for the board and buddy was just coming into the gm role.