Watching the Jets/Bengals game

Based solely on actually watching Maybin play (well into the 4th quarter) tonight, I can't see how it's possible he makes the Jets final roster. He looks exactly the same as he did with the Bills: taking a severely wide angle trying to speed rush the LT and getting pushed effortlessly aside, completely swallowed up on running plays, exhibiting no instincts on how to play the ballcarrier--- he was the defensive equivalent of a RB dancing in the hole with how indecisive he was on how and when to approach the runner. When the play went to the opposite side he took a sharp 45degree angle toward the sideline, taking himself dramatically out of the play as if he were a safety trying to cutoff a receiver in the open field. I honestly don't think I've seen that in an NFL game before.

He literally didn't even come close to making a single play, and he was on the field for most of the game--- that's with getting single blocked all night by Cincinatti's 1st, 2nd and 3rd string LTs.

I don't know what else to say. If he weren't so bizarrely arrogant I guess I wouldn't really care but it's fascinating to watch. So much for the training camp reports.

I watched him a bit yesterday and noticed the same thing. He did jump on the ball when it was batted down to the ground on a pass play. Since he was already away from the play he was the first one there.

I like the Bengals this year. They have a nice defense and some up and coming guys. F MayBEen. Garbage. F the J. E. S. T's And F Sp(f)ags for being an idiot on a the message boards trolling because he's got nothing better to do.

Agreed - people need to stop penciling in the Ravens - they aren't going to make the playoffs this year.

I like the Bengals this year. They have a nice defense and some up and coming guys. F MayBEen. Garbage. F the J. E. S. T's And F Sp(f)ags for being an idiot on a the message boards trolling because he's got nothing better to do.

Did you watch the Bengals game?... a ton of injuries to their up 'n coming guys...sorry, but you think WE had a bad game?

I agree on the Maybin posts above after watching the first half or so. He was absolutely terrible, always trying to take a wide angle to the QB only to get pushed further off course by the T on him, who each probably had one of the easiest games in their respective careers. I don't think they cut him this week, but unless he vastly improves he may indeed get cut. Also impressed with Coples--they may have hit on that pick....