Watching the Jets/Bengals game

Mauluaga, Dunlap and a starting OG. We may have played poorly last night but it was a total victory for us in the injury department.

Oh, and the Jets first team offense looks terrible.

I'm also trying to figure out if the Bengals will be triple or quadruple blocking Maybin. You know, since he's all-world now.

Mauluaga, Dunlap and a starting OG. We may have played poorly last night but it was a total victory for us in the injury department.

Oh, and the Jets first team offense looks terrible.

I'm also trying to figure out if the Bengals will be triple or quadruple blocking Maybin. You know, since he's all-world now.

It's funny watching him try to play football...I've NEVER seen anybody log so many minutes in a preseason game, and still hasn't been near the ball or qb.

It's funny watching him try to play football...I've NEVER seen anybody log so many minutes in a preseason game, and still hasn't been near the ball or qb.

Based solely on actually watching Maybin play (well into the 4th quarter) tonight, I can't see how it's possible he makes the Jets final roster. He looks exactly the same as he did with the Bills: taking a severely wide angle trying to speed rush the LT and getting pushed effortlessly aside, completely swallowed up on running plays, exhibiting no instincts on how to play the ballcarrier--- he was the defensive equivalent of a RB dancing in the hole with how indecisive he was on how and when to approach the runner. When the play went to the opposite side he took a sharp 45degree angle toward the sideline, taking himself dramatically out of the play as if he were a safety trying to cutoff a receiver in the open field. I honestly don't think I've seen that in an NFL game before.

He literally didn't even come close to making a single play, and he was on the field for most of the game--- that's with getting single blocked all night by Cincinatti's 1st, 2nd and 3rd string LTs.

I don't know what else to say. If he weren't so bizarrely arrogant I guess I wouldn't really care but it's fascinating to watch. So much for the training camp reports.

Edited by Punch

Based solely on actually watching Maybin play (well into the 4th quarter) tonight, I can't see how it's possible he makes the Jets final roster. He looks exactly the same as he did with the Bills: taking a severely wide angle trying to speed rush the LT and getting pushed effortlessly aside, completely swallowed up on running plays, exhibiting no instincts on how to play the ballcarrier--- he was the equivalent of a RB dancing in the hole with how indecisive he was on how and when to approach the runner. When the play went to the opposite side he took a sharp 45degree angle toward the sideline, taking himself dramatically out of the play as if he were a safety trying to cutoff a receiver in the open field. I honestly don't think I've seen that in an NFL game before.

He literally didn't even come close to making a single play, and he was on the field for most of the game--- that's with getting single blocked all night by Cincinatti's 1st, 2nd and 3rd string LTs.

I don't know what else to say. If he weren't so bizarrely arrogant I guess I wouldn't really care but it's fascinating to watch. So much for the training camp reports.

Can you imagine him having to walk into film study next time?

On a more serious note, one day his dreams will suddenly be wrenched away from him and his ego will have to deal with that. From what I have seen from him, I'm not convinced this story ends well.

I think he's cut this week.

Based solely on actually watching Maybin play (well into the 4th quarter) tonight, I can't see how it's possible he makes the Jets final roster. He looks exactly the same as he did with the Bills: taking a severely wide angle trying to speed rush the LT and getting pushed effortlessly aside, completely swallowed up on running plays, exhibiting no instincts on how to play the ballcarrier--- he was the defensive equivalent of a RB dancing in the hole with how indecisive he was on how and when to approach the runner. When the play went to the opposite side he took a sharp 45degree angle toward the sideline, taking himself dramatically out of the play as if he were a safety trying to cutoff a receiver in the open field. I honestly don't think I've seen that in an NFL game before.

But, but, but... He had 6 sacks last year, more than any Bills player in the past 4 years. And the Bills didn't utilise his talents like the Jest are...

Those stupid brandings on Coples' arms are probably some of the most disgusting looking things I've ever seen. Why would a person do that to themselves?

Brands aside he played a good game and the jets D looked good overall but was more impressed with how the Bengals played on both sides of the ball.

Brands aside he played a good game and the jets D looked good overall but was more impressed with how the Bengals played on both sides of the ball.

He did have a good game. He was all over the field. Forced a fumble, batted down a pass at the line.