Around the NFL 2012: What Interests You?

ajzepp

Obviously we have a whole bunch of developments with the Bills from this past offseason to monitor, but for those of you who also love the NFL in general, what are you interested in following?

For me, even though I was late to the party, after I saw the Jon Gruden piece I've been a fan of Russel Wilson of the Seahawks. I know there were a lot of TBDers who wanted us to draft this kid, but we ended up going with T.J. in the 3rd instead. Hopefully T.J. will be a great player for us for many years, but I know there are a lot of us who think Russell may really end up being a solid starting QB sooner rather than later. He's got a great situation in Seattle with the unproven Matt Flynn in front of him, so should be an interesting camp/preseason battle.

Also, I'm keen on the NFC South this season. Living in Flowery Branch, GA, the home of the Atlanta Falcons, I am pretty up to date and current on the state of the team. I'm not a Falcons fan at all, but I think it's always healthy to at least take an interest in the home team. They had a pretty quiet offseason, but I think Ted Nolan will be a nice addition to their coaching staff and you have Matt Ryan looking to take another step forward as one of the games best young QBs. Add to that the Bucs who have a young QB that I've really enjoyed watching in Josh Freeman, and who have also had a very productive offseason. Then you have Cam Newton looking to add some more wins to his impressive year one stats, along with a still very dangerous Saints team. This may end up being the best top to bottom division in the NFL and I'm excited to be right smack in the middle of it.

What players/teams/developments are you guys looking to keep tabs on this season?

Quarterback play. The Bills of course. Seeing how Luck RG3, etc. translate as first year starters should be interesting. Also can't wait for the cowgirls to implode this season.

haha, I was thinking that very same thing a few mins ago when I saw the scroll at the bottom of the screen...saying how the Cowpokes are considering signing Plaxico.

Good call on the QB thing. RGIII is a really interesting player. It's pretty hard not to like the guy, save for when he's playing against us, and he has a great combination of skills.

haha, I was thinking that very same thing a few mins ago when I saw the scroll at the bottom of the screen...saying how the Cowpokes are considering signing Plaxico.

Good call on the QB thing. RGIII is a really interesting player. It's pretty hard not to like the guy, save for when he's playing against us, and he has a great combination of skills.

the whole sock thing is a real attention grab

I have an interest in all the players that I was high on from previous year's drafts.

Some of the guys I loved in the class of 2012 were Bruce Irvin, Lavonte David, and Miles Burris. I'm looking forward to seeing how these players do.

I'm fascinated by the Pete Carroll Seahawks and how they've essentially become a contemporary version of the old Oakland Raiders.

In the last two years they've drafted and signed (and in some cases cut) guys like Mike Williams, Antonio Bryant, Terrell Owens, Braylon Edwards, Marshawn Lynch, Kellen Winslow and Bruce Irvin.

There are lots of other NFL stories I'm fascinated by but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Oh, and I was a huge advocate of Cordy Glenn (this seemed like a minority view in the run-up to the draft) and had a conviction that he would be a better player than Riley Reiff or Jonathan Martin.

Im with you on the Seahawks...I honestly haven't really cared about that team at all since the Boz was there...but they have a very interesting collection of players. Flynn looked pretty solid, and RW seemed to have unbelievable command of the offense...he just had that one (big) brain fart with the pick in the endzone. That division is very interesting now...San Fran could end up being a true powerhouse, as well.

I love that the NFL has scheduled games Thurs through Mon this week...five straight days of live preseason ball is pretty damn cool for those of us who love the NFL in general.

As with San Jose Bills Fan, I'm very interested in several players that I've been high on from previous drafts--- particularly WRs from this past year: Stephen Hill, Michael Floyd, Brian Quick, the NY Giants' Reuben Randle & David Douglas et al, as well as Washington QB Kirk Cousins (although I'm sure he won't see the field barring injury), Jake Locker and Ryan Tannehill.

I'm also very interested in Tampa Bay rookie RB Doug Martin (I'm pretty convinced he'll be a surprise fantasy football stud this year) and the Giants' Wilson.

Edited by Punch

I'm curious to see how TO does. I'd like to see Russel Wilson win the QB job and see the two of them light it up. Also curious to see if Houston can stay healthy b/c they could be as strong as anyone in the NFL.

San Fran with Moss could be interesting, and I hope Peyton Manning outperforms Andrew Luck.

And even though I'm not a fan of any NFC north team, that's looking like a tough division. Lions look good and Cutler with Jeffrey and Marshall could be nasty - Maybe enough to knock Not Brett Favre and the Pack of their perch.

Tannenhill in Miami, all the TEs in NE* and the older WRs they picked up, KC and if Cassel will do something for them w/ a better looking team built around him, Cam Newton's 2nd year, Luck's year in general, Manning in Denver, the Bengals, year 2 of a good team? and Cleveland (will a new owner change things in general and how will the 28 year old rookie do), Russel Wilson (who I would have picked w/ a 3rd and I really hope TJ is the shcznit ,to the OP who mentioned it) I will not be surprised if he does start and is very good, will the Lions have a good year? and of course the Jets coming implosion.