Mighty Taco makes Esquire Magazine's list of USA's best late n

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I call BS. No late night in Philly, but the sandwich for Pittsburgh is a cheesesteak at Primanti's? We made numerous late night runs to Pat's King of Steaks at 9th & Passyunk. And while I like Primanti's, my late night choice for after-bar food in the 'Burgh would be Fries from the "O".

I don't remember if I had this at Pat's or Geno's but the cheese steak was a slab of meat covered in cheese whiz. Yuck. Chink's is the place to go for cheesesteaks in Philly. I've recently been turned onto the Philly Roast Pork n Spinach sandwich at John's Roast Pork on Snyder. They close at 3pm though.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't remember if I had this at Pat's or Geno's but the cheese steak was a slab of meat covered in cheese whiz. Yuck. Chink's is the place to go for cheesesteaks in Philly. I've recently been turned onto the Philly Roast Pork n Spinach sandwich at John's Roast Pork on Snyder. They close at 3pm though.

PTR

I never got the whole cheese whiz thing when I was in Jan Brady Town...gotta go with the provolone.

I never got the whole cheese whiz thing when I was in Jan Brady Town...gotta go with the provolone.

At the Pat's line, I always went "Provolone, wit." Tried whiz once, didn't like it. Tried Geno's once. Same. Jim's on South Street was good. Tony Luke came along after I left.

It's all about the bread.

At the Pat's line, I always went "Provolone, wit." Tried whiz once, didn't like it. Tried Geno's once. Same. Jim's on South Street was good. Tony Luke came along after I left.

It's all about the bread.

Aw man, the bakeries in Philly are ridiculous...I'm with you on the bread. I know there are a lot of variations on it, but I love my large steak with mushrooms, onions, and provolone. Don't need to cheese whiz, don't need no red sauce, dont usually even need any peppers.

The other place that stands out for me when I think of lots of great places for killer bread is my hometown of Erie, PA. Those Germans/Poles/Italians/Jews/etc know how to eat...and Erie has 'em all.

Edited by ajzepp

Allentown cheese steaks are far superior to Philly cheese steaks. I highly recommend a Brass Rail cheese steak

Sure, I'll take your word for it. It's not like it's a subjective thing or something. :bag:

But with a Buffito??

Here's to 2 Super Mighty's, Xtra Hot, with jalapeños. Who eats a chicken wing burrito?

No one I know, but it's a big world.

The problem is at our age, you have to remember to take your Prilosec a few hours before hand

:lol: Yep, it's almost better to just enjoy the memories...no tellin what sort of damage a plate might do at this point