Sign Usain Bolt ?

bmur66

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAITAMMINIT!!

Swedish...female...HANDBALL...team?!?!?!?

Man, yet another reason why I would like to visit Sweden!

I can agree with what you are saying in an overall sense; any athletic event or participation can cause injury. Heck, simple jogging causes injuries to alot of people (weight pounding on joints like knees, hips, ankles, etc), so logically if you up the ante (speed, intensity), and frequency (repeated practice) it stands to reason that one can get hurt easier.

But you've got admit, however, that running full-speed into Ray Lewis and Haloti Ngata is not a one-and-done type of thing. You get up to do it again. And then again. And again. Sometimes, 20 times in a single game. For 16 weeks. Practices. Games. Pre-season. Not mentioning possible playoffs, when stakes are raised even higher.

I do think it foolish to believe only football and hockey qualify as injury-producing sports and therefore the only ones worthy of praise; but I also deem it foolish to think that other sports carry the same risk of injury as playing football.

I do agree here. I was never saying that you would have more injuries on a track. Heck. I got so turned around in this thread that I don't even remember what my points were. I will say that yes, you would be more prone to injury than someone who isn't getting hit by 250lb men. However, the one argument on my end is that a person that gets hit by these large men or speeding slapshots are not the only ones with mass amounts of courage. Individuals persorm great feats everyday. They battle back from injuries, they do the impossible when someone says it's never going to happen. Being hit by a giant man doesn't and shouldn't ever take away from that. Maybe I'm butthurt about it because I was one of those athletes growing up.

WAITAMMINIT!!

Swedish...female...HANDBALL...team?!?!?!?

Man, yet another reason why I would like to visit Sweden!

I can agree with what you are saying in an overall sense; any athletic event or participation can cause injury. Heck, simple jogging causes injuries to alot of people (weight pounding on joints like knees, hips, ankles, etc), so logically if you up the ante (speed, intensity), and frequency (repeated practice) it stands to reason that one can get hurt easier.

But you've got admit, however, that running full-speed into Ray Lewis and Haloti Ngata is not a one-and-done type of thing. You get up to do it again. And then again. And again. Sometimes, 20 times in a single game. For 16 weeks. Practices. Games. Pre-season. Not mentioning possible playoffs, when stakes are raised even higher.

I do think it foolish to believe only football and hockey qualify as injury-producing sports and therefore the only ones worthy of praise; but I also deem it foolish to think that other sports carry the same risk of injury as playing football.

I never said most of the thing this guy is claiming I have said. he just takes a statement to it's most illogical extreme. I basically claimed exactly what your last sentence said, but he wanted to distort my posts.

This is what Buddy had to say about all this...

You get the idea, though, and teams desperate for deep threats might be willing to take a look. Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix would.

"He'd have to be interested, that would be the first step," Nix said of Bolt, adding that he's not sure the Jamaican is an American football kind of guy.

"I know he's interested in playing soccer," Nix said before adding with a smile that he doubts Bolt would turn to football because "they hit you in football. Track guys sometimes don't like that."

However, he says, "I don't know if he does or not (want to play), but if he does, you'd sure have to cover deep."