Dr. served under Reagan rips on "freak Romney & freak Obama&#3

".... Americans argue among themselves why their freak is better than the other freak. They will get angry with you if you call their freak a freak. They will actually fight and die to defend their freaks ... It is extraordinary that millions of americans actually believe fervently that it matters whether Romney freak or Obama freak gets elected."

http://www.paulcraig...essed-majority/

--------------------

Preach on Brother! Goes off on Pelosi, Rove, etc. etc. too ... pretty much the whole rotten lot of them. Voters have no real choice anymore, the checks ain't balancing.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

".... Americans argue among themselves why their freak is better than the other freak. They will get angry with you if you call their freak a freak. They will actually fight and die to defend their freaks ... It is extraordinary that millions of americans actually believe fervently that it matters whether Romney freak or Obama freak gets elected."

http://www.paulcraig...essed-majority/

--------------------

Preach on Brother! Goes off on Pelosi, Rove, etc. etc. too ... pretty much the whole rotten lot of them. Voters have no real choice anymore, the checks ain't balancing.

Since it doesn't matter now, does that mean you'll spare us the bi-weekly Romney has no chance tirade?

The whole "both sides are bad" argument can usually be translated to either mean "I'm so reasonable that I see both sides, so you should listen to me" or it can be used when your guy is really sleazy & dishonest to soften his scumbag status.

Let's compare:

So far Romney has talked about Obama's record & run with some gaffes. Team Obama has essentially accused Romney of being a tax cheat & a felon with no substantiating evidence, lied about Romney being responsible for Bain's activity when he no longer worked there, mischaracterized the work he did with Bain when he was there, falsely accused him of being complicit in a woman's death, and brought his wife's horse into the debate.

This campaign has gotten petty, dishonest, & sleazy, but most of that's coming from one side; the side that audaciously claims the high road.

Republicans and Democrats have been Net Expanders of Federal Government Power, that is undeniable. They both talk about cutting and scaling back, but it always grows and grows on once, way shape or form.

In a land of Freedom and Choice, is it Ironic that we have only to choose the lesser of two evils?

Republicans and Democrats have been Net Expanders of Federal Government Power, that is undeniable. They both talk about cutting and scaling back, but it always grows and grows on once, way shape or form.

In a land of Freedom and Choice, is it Ironic that we have only to choose the lesser of two evils?

To the Tea Parties credit, they are "undeniably" serious about not becoming "Next expanders of Federal Government Power"It appears that you also have an issue with government growing, but you don't strike me as a supporter of the tea party. So what am I missing here? Is it that I'm misreading that you disapprove of the expansion of the Federal government, or that you are a closet supporter of the Tea Party?

So far Romney has talked about Obama's record & run with some gaffes. Team Obama has essentially accused Romney of being a tax cheat & a felon with no substantiating evidence, lied about Romney being responsible for Bain's activity when he no longer worked there, mischaracterized the work he did with Bain when he was there, falsely accused him of being complicit in a woman's death, and brought his wife's horse into the debate.

This campaign has gotten petty, dishonest, & sleazy, but most of that's coming from one side; the side that audaciously claims the high road.

There is no end in sight......................

Obama Campaign Fishing for Dirt on Potential Vice Presidential Picks

As the time draws near for Mitt Romney to announce his running mate, the Obama campaign is sending out emails requesting any and all dirt on prospective VP picks, which can be submitted via subject-specific contact pages on its website. Those receiving the send-us-your-dirt treatment include Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Florida Senator Marco Rubio, Ohio Senator Rob Portman, former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty, and Representative Paul Ryan. The webforms ask for contact information and “your story,” and the text reads (depending on whose page you visit):

Very soon, Mitt Romney could announce [Jindal/Christie/Rubio/Portman/Pawlenty/Ryan] as his choice for VP.

It’s on [Louisianans/New Jerseyans/Floridians/Ohioans/Minnesotans/Wisconsinites] like us to make sure Americans get the facts.

Share what you think people need to know about [Jindal/Christie/Rubio/Portman/Pawlenty/Ryan].

Based on the mud the Obama campaign and its surrogates are currently wallowing in, it’s pretty clear what they’re looking for with regard to these potential vice presidential picks: made-up claims of wrongdoing like those Harry Reid has been peddling about Romney, personal stories that will allow the campaign to concoct a narrative that accuses the candidate of murder, and more muck along those lines. It’s only August, and the presumptive Republican nominee has already been called a felon and a murderer; just imagine what will be forthcoming once the complete Republican ticket is known.

http://www.redstate....idential-picks/

To the Tea Parties credit, they are "undeniably" serious about not becoming "Next expanders of Federal Government Power"It appears that you also have an issue with government growing, but you don't strike me as a supporter of the tea party. So what am I missing here? Is it that I'm misreading that you disapprove of the expansion of the Federal government, or that you are a closet supporter of the Tea Party?

I tend to be a free market, earn it yourself kind of guy, and believe in live and let live. I guess I lean more toward a Libertarian platform of small government, states rights, defense that is actually defense, and letting people keep more of the money and freedom, inspiring them carve out their American Dream. My biggest divergence is Healthcare, I support the ACA, but only because it, im my mind, creates more Freedom for me... I have gone on ad nauseum in my defense of healtare reform even though I feel like it could have been done at the State Level very easily... heck Mass did it... my healthcare syance makes me a big of a hypocrit, but that is ok, I am fine with it... LOL

As for the Tea Party- yeah, I guess I support most of their aspirations. There just isn't justification for some of the things the Federal Government gets involved in.... one of my favorite blabbering points right now is the 70,000 page tax code... my god the Fed Govt has to be massive to need a 70K page document to collect and redistribute money from its citizens.... as far as SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Education, Healthcare and a long laundry list of other items, States can work that stuff out for themselves....

I don't know, I used to vote for Republicans. Then I stated voting for Democrats. As of right now, it doesn't feel that much different. I was really hoping Ron Paul would have been a bigger part of the picture.... but he is not pretty enough, sexy enough or eloquunetly a speaker to have a chance though... but you have to love what he says if you believe Government is of the people, not the other way around. It is my contention that D and R's have a vested interest in the status quo, if they did not, whay would Government not me smaller?

Yeah really, what are the these huge differences between how a Romney or Obama administration would play out, which cause these great divides on popular media and a naseum peeing matches on ppp? Let's have a look at some issues:

Healthcare: carbon copies left on the printer

Gun control : both afraid of NRA won't even revisist the matter in the wake of back to back slaughters

Abortion: Would require over turning a 40 yr old 7-2 supreme court ruling. Non issue in any practical sense

Defense policy: both hawks

Foreign policy : both Israel and Saudi lap dogs

Budget : Neither party's going anywhere on this with both blaming the other. Reality is neither wants to reduce spending because government spending of all kinds is how they appease special interest groups and buy voters. Opposing party is just a convenient scapegoat.

Taxes: maybe marginally lower under Romney, skewing the burden a bit more from high to low income;, but without massive spending cuts there's very little that can be done here anyway

Gay marriage: other than some gays and some "culture warriors" who really cares ?

Curb executive power: all the recent admins have waged war on states rights using terrorism as the excuse

Environment : it's written by the big polluters, no major differences here.

I'm sure there are some others. But you get the picture.

The talking heads like oreilly hannity bagalla get millions for creating the specter of some bitter divide that as an administration matter simply does not exist.

The only way out of the box I see is a leader emerges and levels with the American people, delivering the message the system f@cked up, these people aren't representing your or the countrys best interest, I'll watch your back you watch mine. Also an innovator who can use technology to disintermediate the middle man (corrupt politicians in this case). Use the Internet for public opinion polls to see what Americans really want , like they do in Germany

Someone like mayor mike bloomberg comes to mind. Has billions more than romney from actually creating his own thriving business, has shown good practical non partisan solutions and can't be bought like that phoney "I'm my own man" Romney

Bottom line: when a systems f@*#ed up you can't look for the system to fix itself. It just gets more f##*ed up. Exactly what we're seeing. Need a "great man in history" kind of hero to lead in changing it.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Meh....

The problem with this...is how easy it is. You can hardly call it an intellectual endeavor.

I could go to wherever you work and find fault with everybody. You, well maybe not you specifically, but somebody could come here and find fault with me and mine. It's not difficult. What is difficullt is finding the people you can work with, the ones that are actually capable, and then getting something done despite the idiots. The only thing that makes this guy right: bad results.

IMO people like Paul Ryan, and even Dick Durban are the sort that take the job seriously, and try to get things done. The problem is the "safe" people, that come from districts/states that are dominated by their party, can force moderates to do things like pass Obamacare. But, that's a choice. Nancy Pelosi doesn't have to be an idiot. She chooses to be.

She chooses her idiocy, and then the moderate Democrats all get voted out of office. But, then a new crop of moderates on the other side are just as weak, don't chair any committes, etc., so their side can force overreaches and they have to go along too, or face being kicked out of the party. The moderates need to look out for their districts/states, so they can't be too beliigerent, and are kinda trapped.

The real problem is that currently politics is valued over sound policy. That's how you get Obamacare and things like "meaningful use" :lol:, instead of something that will actually work.

The other problem is that yeah, government people in general are inferior. The politicians aren't making good policies, and we are over-payng their surrogates in government service who are doing a terrible job of carrying it out. But think about it: if we really want government agencies that dwarf companies like GM in terms of employees....then we will have to pay for the management of those agencies just like we pay top executives. What's the point otherwise? Why have a massive, unwieldly agency that can't deliver?

Or, we can choose to not have these massive agencies. We can't have it both ways.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yeah really, what are the these huge differences between how a Romney or Obama administration would play out, which cause these great divides on popular media and a naseum peeing matches on ppp? Let's have a look at some issues:

Healthcare: carbon copies left on the printer

Gun control : both afraid of NRA won't even revisist the matter in the wake of back to back slaughters

Abortion: Would require over turning a 40 yr old 7-2 supreme court ruling. Non issue in any practical sense

Defense policy: both hawks

Foreign policy : both Israel and Saudi lap dogs

Budget : Neither party's going anywhere on this with both blaming the other. Reality is neither wants to reduce spending because government spending of all kinds is how they appease special interest groups and buy voters. Opposing party is just a convenient scapegoat.

Taxes: maybe marginally lower under Romney, skewing the burden a bit more from high to low income;, but without massive spending cuts there's very little that can be done here anyway

Gay marriage: other than some gays and some "culture warriors" who really cares ?

Curb executive power: all the recent admins have waged war on states rights using terrorism as the excuse

Environment : it's written by the big polluters, no major differences here.

I'm sure there are some others. But you get the picture.

The talking heads like oreilly hannity bagalla get millions for creating the specter of some bitter divide that as an administration matter simply does not exist.

The only way out of the box I see is a leader emerges and levels with the American people, delivering the message the system f@cked up, these people aren't representing your or the countrys best interest, I'll watch your back you watch mine. Also an innovator who can use technology to disintermediate the middle man (corrupt politicians in this case). Use the Internet for public opinion polls to see what Americans really want , like they do in Germany

Someone like mayor mike bloomberg comes to mind. Has billions more than romney from actually creating his own thriving business, has shown good practical non partisan solutions and can't be bought like that phoney "I'm my own man" Romney

Bottom line: when a systems f@*#ed up you can't look for the system to fix itself. It just gets more f##*ed up. Exactly what we're seeing. Need a "great man in history" kind of hero to lead in changing it.

You really put the "blithering" in "blithering idiot". Even more than most who subscribe to the "Great Man" vision of history.