How Mitt Lost the Summer

Children children children (of the corn?) wake up. Stop reacting with emotional bias and see things for what they really are. Camp Romney had the primary locked up months ago and instead of turning their attention to countering the telegraphed Obama camp attacks did nothing but extend deeper into religious slander to appease pro Israel donors. After seeing first hand how Gingrich lost the lead after doing the same, and worse going into a general election where that kind of thing will be even less well received!!!

If you recall I started out marginally pro Romney for leadership on the economy where BO is a dud. Well Romney nows gotten stuck with negative associations that will be hard to shake and the best political orator of our time BO hasn't even spoken yet. WAKE UP ROMNEY CAMP IS LETTING YOU DOWN. Stop hatin on the people pointing out the obvious.

The economy is the only thing that matters. To vote for Barry based on invented/meaningless "negative associations" is stupidity, not naivete.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Children children children (of the corn?) wake up. Stop reacting with emotional bias and see things for what they really are. Camp Romney had the primary locked up months ago and instead of turning their attention to countering the telegraphed Obama camp attacks did nothing but extend deeper into religious slander to appease pro Israel donors. After seeing first hand how Gingrich lost the lead after doing the same, and worse going into a general election where that kind of thing will be even less well received!!!

If you recall I started out marginally pro Romney for leadership on the economy where BO is a dud. Well Romney nows gotten stuck with negative associations that will be hard to shake and the best political orator of our time BO hasn't even spoken yet. WAKE UP ROMNEY CAMP IS LETTING YOU DOWN. Stop hatin on the people pointing out the obvious.

Poor little Joe,

just trying to help and all he gets is hate..................................lol

-guinea-piggatratin.png

P.S. no one falls for that disagreement = hate BS anymore

P.P.S your opinion is not the same as facts

You Romney backers are delusional. The Romney campaign and Mitt himself have been BRUTAL over the summer. This is a debate over policy, it's about politics and Romney is no good at it.

It seems like Mitt is taking punch after punch without ever returning fire. He's need a very strong finish to win this thing.

You Romney backers are delusional. The Romney campaign and Mitt himself have been BRUTAL over the summer. This is a debate over policy, it's about politics and Romney is no good at it.

It seems like Mitt is taking punch after punch without ever returning fire. He's need a very strong finish to win this thing.

I'm just about the farthest thing from a Romney backer that there is, and consider myself fairly non-biased on the issue. This election isn't your typical mid-market cycle political dance. People aren't concerned with religion, gay marraige, or tax returns. They care about the fact that they, or someone the know intimately, have lost their jobs, they care that their house is underwater and that they can no longer pay their mortgage, they care that their dollar doesn't buy as much and that they have fewer dollars in the first place. People are genuinely scared, don't see things getting any better, and are angry that they are being told that things are OK and that the current administration's plan "worked", because if his plan is working, but they aren't, then the plan wasn't designed to help. This is why polls of likely voters peg Romney to a 5 point lead, and why the President's approval rating is at an all time low.

Listen to your boy Carville.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I'm just about the farthest thing from a Romney backer that there is, and consider myself fairly non-biased on the issue. This election isn't your typical mid-market cycle political dance. People aren't concerned with religion, gay marraige, or tax returns. They care about the fact that they, or someone the know intimately have lost their jobs, they care that their house in underwater and that they can no longer pay their mortgage, they care that their dollar doesn't buy as much and that they have fewer dollars in the first place. People are genuinely scared, don't see things getting any better, and are angry that they are being told that things are OK and that the current administration's plan "worked", because if his plan is working, but they aren't then the plan wasn't designed to help. This is why polls of likely voters peg Romney to a 5 point lead, and why the President's approval rating is at an all time low.

Listen to your boy Carville.

I agree with most of what you said. However, Mitt Romney still has to make the case that he is going to do a better job than the current President. And I don't think he has even come close to making that case. He is not specific at all on what exactly he will do to get the economy jumpstarted again.

James Carville has said that the candidate who starts to talk about the future and a vision for the country will win this election. The President has started this process with his ad released a couple weeks ago. Mitt has to do the same. Maybe when he selects a VP, he will go this route because he isn't out of this thing yet.

I agree with most of what you said. However, Mitt Romney still has to make the case that he is going to do a better job than the current President. And I don't think he has even come close to making that case. He is not specific at all on what exactly he will do to get the economy jumpstarted again.

James Carville has said that the candidate who starts to talk about the future and a vision for the country will win this election. The President has started this process with his ad released a couple weeks ago. Mitt has to do the same. Maybe when he selects a VP, he will go this route because he isn't out of this thing yet.

The problem this creates for the incumbent is that the electorate has already seen his vision of America, and that's exactly why Romney has the lead in the first place. When the incumbent is forced to defend his record rather than run on it, he's in for a long uphill battle.

"Labor Day is weeks away, but the battle of the summer is over— the unreleased tax returns, easily foreseen Bain attacks, Olympic stumbles, inept tax plan, and other calamities that sank Romney."

http://www.thedailyb...affes-more.html

Ive posted this before, the Romney team seemed totally unprepared for the expected attacks on Bain and his taxes. Now when people hear "Bain" the word association is "job killer", and "Romney" immediately conjures up "hiding tax disclosure".

His comments on the Palestineans which may have appeased the pro-Israel campaign donors, have made him look like a unbalanced, insensitive freak to others. The primary candidates Gingrich and Santorum who said similar things BOTH LOST, and Romney should have realized part of his appeal was to moderates who didn't see him as religious-basher.

His team is looking incompetent and apathetic, and his campaign's dying a slow and painful death before our eyes. Hard to see what turns this ship around.

If Obama is doing so well and he won the summer as suggested, why is the Obama campaign now accusing Romney of murder?

Economys not doing so great (but not in recession) and Romneys behind. Than what's your argument for him winning ?

Ah yes, because it's "not in recession," everything is fine. Nevermind that GDP growth slowed from 2.4% to 1.5%. :rolleyes:

And then there's this: http://news.yahoo.co...-195237581.html

The gist is Romney killed this guy's wife. Now that there is backlash, Barry claims he knows nothing about the incident. :rolleyes:

Apparently the back story on this pathetic exploitation of Soptic's wife shows this to be like every other thing Barry produces: a lie. This guy lost his job 4 years after Romney left Bain. Nevermind the fact that Bain kept GST going for years longer than it should have been. But the guy and his wife were getting their health insurance through her employer, not his/GST. She lost her job, and thus her health insurance. This is as sickening as Barry using his mother to push for health care reform, when what she was really being denied was disability insurance.

Ah yes, because it's "not in recession," everything is fine. Nevermind that GDP growth slowed from 2.4% to 1.5%. :rolleyes:

Recession is successive quarters of contraction. Economy's not in a recession. Not sure what you keep trying to say. And if youre right it's all about the economy why does yout boy mitt keep running around trying to make it about gun rights, tax reform, more hawkish "defense" and Israel ?

Oddly enough with every swing the Obama team takes they lose votes!!!

Apparently the back story on this pathetic exploitation of Soptic's wife shows this to be like every other thing Barry produces: a lie. This guy lost his job 4 years after Romney left Bain. Nevermind the fact that Bain kept GST going for years longer than it should have been. But the guy and his wife were getting their health insurance through her employer, not his/GST. She lost her job, and thus her health insurance. This is as sickening as Barry using his mother to push for health care reform, when what she was really being denied was disability insurance.

Obama and the lying sleazeball dems are in full panic mode because they know the polls are not a true reflection of the real numbers. They're all bailing on their own convention and they can't even fill the Bank of America stadium. Look at that and add it to the slimey campaign Obama is waging and you get a sense of the sad desperation that's about as far away from "hope" and "change" as the trip the mars rover took.

It's embarrassing to see an Obama "sunshine and lollipops" "everything is fine" thread here. I guess it's ok to be delusional, but to start a thread? Yikes.

Recession is successive quarters of contraction. Economy's not in a recession. Not sure what you keep trying to say. And if youre right it's all about the economy why does yout boy mitt keep running around trying to make it about gun rights, tax reform, more hawkish "defense" and Israel ?

I'm saying the economy sucks. Unemployment keeps staying above 8% and actually rose last month. The deficit it 50% higher than when Barry took office. Gas prices are back around $4/gallon. By any objective measure, and Barry's own words several years ago, his term has been a complete failure and he needs to be gone. Which is the reason why Barry and the MSM need to talk about everything but those problems, which trump the vapid gun rights, tax returns, "gaffes," contraception, and bogus tax calculators minutia.

Obama and the lying sleazeball dems are in full panic mode because they know the polls are not a true reflection of the real numbers. They're all bailing on their own convention and they can't even fill the Bank of America stadium. Look at that and add it to the slimey campaign Obama is waging and you get a sense of the sad desperation that's about as far away from "hope" and "change" as the trip the mars rover took.

It's embarrassing to see an Obama "sunshine and lollipops" "everything is fine" thread here. I guess it's ok to be delusional, but to start a thread? Yikes.

Libs live in their own little world.

Edited by Doc

Recession is successive quarters of contraction. Economy's not in a recession.

That is one, very narrowly defined trait of a recession, Francium. Not a definition. Stop talking about things you don't understand.

Not sure what you keep trying to say. And if youre right it's all about the economy why does yout boy mitt keep running around trying to make it about gun rights, tax reform, more hawkish "defense" and Israel ?

Because, while the economy is this election cycle's driving issue, any nominee has to identify who he is to the public on other non-central issues. Do you really need to have this stuff explained to you?

I've recently changed my opinion. I do believe that Obama has won the past 6 weeks, the race as the WSJ has noted has become about small things, Bain Capital, Mitt's "Gaffes" overseas, his taxes and etc. etc.

This is what the Obama attack machine wants it to be about, rather than focus on his putrid record on the economy, debt and his failure of leadership to address the entitlements, this is what we have been reduced to, petty, vicious small ball politics.

The dynamic is going to have to change if Romney wants to win.

I've recently changed my opinion. I do believe that Obama has won the past 6 weeks, the race as the WSJ has noted has become about small things, Bain Capital, Mitt's "Gaffes" overseas, his taxes and etc. etc.

This is what the Obama attack machine wants it to be about, rather than focus on his putrid record on the economy, debt and his failure of leadership to address the entitlements, this is what we have been reduced to, petty, vicious small ball politics.

It probably will. He knows what he is doing.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443537404577576801104830894.html

Barry's won small battles on trivial things, but the war will be lost on the biggest thing: the economy. The debates will be where Romney puts it away, with the flagging economy, jobs, gas, and deficit numbers reinforcing it all the way until election day.