Iowa Repubs not to happy with Mitt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"He will allow the wind credit to expire, end the stimulus boondoggles, and create a level playing field on which all sources of energy can compete on their merits," Romney spokesman Shawn McCoy told the Register. "Wind energy will thrive wherever it is economically competitive, and wherever private sector competitors with far more experience than the president believe the investment will produce results."

Bleh, Romney's national energy policy is "I don't have an energy policy?"

Versus an energy policy of wasting billions in taxpayers' money?

The % of the 30% of the stimulus that invested in some various green energy efforts may be bad business as far as some are concerned but tax credits, incentives, things of that nature that help spur us to prosper in new/green energy are important. We can't be the only retarded country sitting around doing nothing about energy except building pipelines and drilling more offshore.

Edited by TheNewBills

The % of the 30% of the stimulus that invested in some various green energy efforts may be bad business as far as some are concerned but tax credits, incentives, things of that nature that help spur us to prosper in new/green energy are important. We can't be the only retarded country sitting around doing nothing about energy except building pipelines and drilling more offshore.

I understand all of that but facts are facts. Trying to kill the gas, oil, & coal industries when there isn't anything to take its place is bad policy. There isn't much of a market for new/green energy. Solyndra was a disaster and a painful one for the tax payers.

I understand all of that but facts are facts. Trying to kill the gas, oil, & coal industries when there isn't anything to take its place is bad policy. There isn't much of a market for new/green energy. Solyndra was a disaster and a painful one for the tax payers.

Tax credits and incentives for domestic production of wind, solar, tidal, etc...that kills oil and coal? And nobody is trying to kill gas. Romney either doesn't get the energy game or he's playing up the "love oil, green energy is bull ****" angle for election purposes. I hope it's the latter if he wins.

Edited by TheNewBills

Anyone who says that mitt Romney doesn't have an energy policy is a highly misinformed individual. Not only does he have a comprehensive energy plan that includes regulatory reform and an expansion of energy drilling but rather than tax credits for alternative energies, he would invest in R&D, which I have always been a proponent of. We shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers, investing in technology to increase efficiency is the best path forward, once the technology reaches a cost effective and efficient level the markets will lead the way. If not, you get companies like solyndra.

For those that have an interest in learning the facts of his plan rather than spouting misinformation I would recommend you visit www.mittromney.com/issues/energy

Anyone who says that mitt Romney doesn't have an energy policy is a highly misinformed individual. Not only does he have a comprehensive energy plan that includes regulatory reform and an expansion of energy drilling but rather than tax credits for alternative energies, he would invest in R&D, which I have always been a proponent of. We shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers, investing in technology to increase efficiency is the best path forward, once the technology reaches a cost effective and efficient level the markets will lead the way. If not, you get companies like solyndra.

For those that have an interest in learning the facts of his plan rather than spouting misinformation I would recommend you visit www.mittromney.com/issues/energy

LOL look I didn't realize quoting a Romney spokesperson from the 5 hour old article posted in the 1st post was spouting misinformation.

Oh, I thought this was from you

Romney will remove specific things that work and replace them with "regulatory reform and R&D and production." Ok, he's got a plan. I realize that now.

Haha, look I don't care about the politics of energy. Whoever is elected needs to keep the incentives and credits for domestic production of green energy, frack smart and a lot, and position ourselves for the future in a way that keeps up w/ China and Germany. It's not some voodoo. Parlaying Solyndra into making green energy a bad thing and tax credits wasteful government spending is just backwards political inertia.

Edited by TheNewBills

I disagree, by highlighting the failures of solyndra and other failed projects from this administration is actually very productive. It puts a spotlight on what not to do and offers the opportunity to communicate on other solutions that look to achieve the same results.

I disagree, by highlighting the failures of solyndra and other failed projects from this administration is actually very productive. It puts a spotlight on what not to do and offers the opportunity to communicate on other solutions that look to achieve the same results.

The quote I posted that I don't like is dirty IMO b/c speaking to Solyndra (even though you aren't mentioning them) to vilify tax credits is dirty.

That's just politics, I'm speaking more to the substance of the differentiation between tax credits vs R&D

In politics the main objective is to create a clear contrast by destroying the oppositions plans while offering a sensible alternative

You shouldn't convince your base good ideas are bad by associating them with different ideas.

I don't know what that means

Solyndra speak about government picking winners used to defeat tax credits politically is bad IMO. And R&D v. Tax Credits is false choice. It's not a 0 sum game.

In the end, all liberal comments come down to "May I mommy dog face to the banana patch?"

It's not a liberal position.

Well, it's not a false choice, there is a clear line of distinction in investing in xyz company and in investing in R&D

I don't see how any sensible person can not see that there is a humongous difference between the two.

Again, in choice A you invest in the company, regardless of whether it has a successful business model or not

Choice B you invest in R&D, which in time leads to increased efficiency and feasability for all companies in xyz INDUSTRY

Major difference between the two

Bleh, Romney's national energy policy is "I don't have an energy policy?"

Clearly giving half a billion dollars to a failing energy business run by political donors is a far better energy policy.

Well, it's not a false choice, there is a clear line of distinction in investing in xyz company and in investing in R&D

I don't see how any sensible person can not see that there is a humongous difference between the two.

Again, in choice A you invest in the company, regardless of whether it has a successful business model or not

Choice B you invest in R&D, which in time leads to increased efficiency and feasability for all companies in xyz INDUSTRY

Major difference between the two

I'm talking about production and investment tax credits....idk why you are still talking about Solyndra. You see, this is why what I described above of mixed messaging hurts America.

Edited by TheNewBills