Aints* and Cheatriots* all asterisk scrimmage

I know this is not the first year they have done this, but it is the first year that both of them have an * next to them. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this little coincidence. They are the only two teams, to my knowledge, to be found to have cheated during their championship season. And they practice together. Birds of a feather, I suppose.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They both cheated and got caught. Of course others have, for example jimmy Johnson had spies watching bills super bowl practices.

Of the 2 "convicted" cheaters I think saints violations more integral to their success. They got away with murder against favre in the NFC championship game. the horrible INT he threw in OT instead of easily running for 1st down can be traced to the ankle injury he suffered earlier on the blatantly illegal (but curiously not called double high-low hit)

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

They both cheated and got caught. Of course others have, for example jimmy Johnson had spies watching bills super bowl practices.

Of the 2 "convicted" cheaters I think saints violations more integral to their success. They got away with murder against favre in the NFC championship game. the horrible INT he threw in OT instead of easily running for 1st down can be traced to the ankle injury he suffered earlier on the blatantly illegal (but curiously not called double high-low hit)

Are you now accusing the refs of being in on it?

I still don't think the Saints actually cheated. Scott Fujita's account seems the most plausible. They most likely handed out cash (peanuts to these guys) for big plays, not injuries, which is very unethical but hardly gives the team an unfair advantage like spygate did. Sometimes the rhetoric in football gets pretty violent. Even nicknames like "Lights out" can be considered a call to knock someone out of a game. I heard guys on the field in high school football yelling "I'll knock you out motherf**ker" during plays, but it wasn't literal. It just rhetoric.

Also, didn't the Pat* get a warning but continued to cheat anyway? And, why was Belicheat never suspended?

Edited by mountainwampus

I still don't think the Saints actually cheated. Scott Fujita's account seems the most plausible. They most likely handed out cash (peanuts to these guys) for big plays, not injuries, which is very unethical but hardly gives the team an unfair advantage like spygate did. Sometimes the rhetoric in football gets pretty violent. Even nicknames like "Lights out" can be considered a call to knock someone out of a game. I heard guys on the field in high school football yelling "I'll knock you out motherf**ker" during plays, but it wasn't literal. It just rhetoric.

I think punishment is deserves but I do think some of these are waaaaay over the top. I agree in what you say happened. I do think they paid out big hit bonuses when guys were injured but I don't think it was targeted or was for dirty hits. In the grand scheme, I don't think what was going on was that far off what you see in a lot of locker rooms, or really was much more than the old college helmet stickers style of motivation.

We are now up to 9(?) players and coaches saying there was no bounty on favre under oath.

Doesn't make the system a-okay, or legal but full season punishments seems rather excessive.

Also, didn't the Pat* get a warning but continued to cheat anyway? And, why was Belicheat never suspended?

This in a nutshell is the most astute and concise explanation that can be made. Kudos!

Nope lol not going to get me to go there. I obviously don't have the wherewithall to prove anything. Just noting it as odd.

Obviously nothing could be proven by us.... It's just a really bold claim, which you managed to make without actually accepting any responsibility/accountability for making.

I think punishment is deserves but I do think some of these are waaaaay over the top. I agree in what you say happened. I do think they paid out big hit bonuses when guys were injured but I don't think it was targeted or was for dirty hits. In the grand scheme, I don't think what was going on was that far off what you see in a lot of locker rooms, or really was much more than the old college helmet stickers style of motivation.

We are now up to 9(?) players and coaches saying there was no bounty on favre under oath.

Doesn't make the system a-okay, or legal but full season punishments seems rather excessive.

If Vilma et al take the plea bargain, they are admitting guilt, are they not?

If Vilma et al take the plea bargain, they are admitting guilt, are they not?

nope.

just like if the nfl offers a settlement, they are not admitting the players innocence technically. for instance, one could argue the nfl making the defamation suit disappear in the offer would imply its because goodell did in fact defame vilma. likewise not a fair jump in logic and reason to make though in that situation.

a negotiated outcome would essentially be each side saying that they do not want to risk the outcome on the unknowns that come with a judge ruling.

that said, i think its becoming more obvious that this lies short of the nfl claims, but still within the realm of breaking the rules. i think finding a good negotiated outcome is the ideal for both sides.

Edited by NoSaint

Obviously nothing could be proven by us.... It's just a really bold claim, which you managed to make without actually accepting any responsibility/accountability for making.

What "claim"? That i found something odd? Lol. and provided the observable reasons why I found it odd ? 2x lol

Youre the one reading s lot into it.

What "claim"? That i found something odd? Lol. and provided the observable reasons why I found it odd ? 2x lol

Youre the one reading s lot into it.

oh come on - its the classic "im not saying anything, im just saying" tactic.

theres nothing "odd" or "curious" unless something fishy was going on.

Edited by NoSaint

Saints didnt cheat, no asterisk needed.

Offering and accepting bounty payments for causing bodily harm - including game-and-career-ending injuries - to opposing players is indeed cheating, IMHO.

(I believe that's why multiple Saints* players/coaches/front office personnel received signicant suspensions and fines - and why Greg Williams is suspended indefinitely (and probably will never hold an NFL job again.)

OTOH, a former Bills HOF guard offers this much simpler opinion...

"Drew Brees is a little piece of crap." - Joe DeLamielleure

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

I don't disagree with that but it's too bad that Greg Williams was caught on tape urging guys to go for ACLs and the heads of players with previous concussion issues. He really undermined the credibiilty of those players and their explanations.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

oh come on - its the classic "im not saying anything, im just saying" tactic.

theres nothing "odd" or "curious" unless something fishy was going on.

Well no actually, something can look odd but upon further inspection turn out to be coincidental. Doesn't necessitate something sinister was taking place beneath the surface.

This is more the classic "I don't like what he's saying about a team I'm partial to so I'll try to put words in his mouth - "so that's a yes?"- to draw a conclusion he can't defend."