Romney's Viet Nam Record is VERY DISTURBING

Dude, come on. You're smarter than that. "No Child Left Behind" and the Medicare expansion does dick **** to prevent AIDS. Issues like that are amusing insofar as the ignorance of the vocal activists is so easily exposed; just ask them how much we currently spend on <fill in cause> and how much we should be spending; the inevitable answers are not enough and more. And I've yet to hear which Dems were pushing for action that would have averted the '08 debacle.

There is no room for compassion in sound public policy I'm agreeing with you. Spending my money to fight someone else's aids disease is terrible and they'll always want more.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no room for compassion in sound public policy I'm agreeing with you. Spending my money to fight someone else's aids disease is terrible and they'll always want more.

You're starting to sound like Park now. No one said anything even remotely similar to what you just posted.

I'm being serious compassionate conservative "do-somethings" have no place in the party. Not one person has been prevented from getting aids and last I heard there has been no medical advances in treating the disease, curing it, or preventing it since the 80s. It's a joke.

I'm being serious compassionate conservative "do-somethings" have no place in the party. Not one person has been prevented from getting aids and last I heard there has been no medical advances in treating the disease, curing it, or preventing it since the 80s. It's a joke.

You disappoint me.

The late Steven Covey once said that if he had to sum up his philosophy into one line it would be to seek first to understand, then to be understood. Not only are you not first trying to understand, you're actively trying to misconstrue and misrepresent a fairly clear statement. What you're doing here is building a strawman, and doing a piss poor job of it I might add.

You disappoint me.

The late Steven Covey once said that if he had to sum up his philosophy into one line it would be to seek first to understand, then to be understood. Not only are you not first trying to understand, you're actively trying to misconstrue and misrepresent a fairly clear statement. What you're doing here is building a strawman, and doing a piss poor job of it I might add.

LOL follow your own advice. I'm just trolling around at the moment Rob don't take it personally. You are one of the posters I don't hate so much, although I still hate you somewhat like I hate everyone on this planet as any good liberal should. That said, I'm just being sarcastic to get a rise out of you for my own amusement. No hard feelings.

Edited by TheNewBills

LOL follow your own advice. I'm just trolling around at the moment Rob don't take it personally. You are one of the posters I don't hate so much, although I still hate you somewhat like I hate everyone on this planet as any good liberal should. That said, I'm just being sarcastic to get a rise out of you for my own amusement. No hard feelings.

please play easy with Rob he's very sensitive, emotional and as fragile and delicate as a baby hummingbird.

First of all, WRT treating the disease, what you said is patently false. Here are the drug classes that are used to treat HIV, and 4 of the 5 have been developed since the 80's. People are living longer than ever with the disease. True there is currently no cure. But preventing it is still the same as it's always been: abstinence or sex with a condom, although that's not 100% effective. At this stage of the game, HIV infection is largely the fault of those who get it. There are some exceptions, but the majority bring it upon themselves. Sorry if that's not PC but it's the truth.

First of all, WRT treating the disease, what you said is patently false. Here are the drug classes that are used to treat HIV, and 4 of the 5 have been developed since the 80's. People are living longer than ever with the disease. True there is currently no cure. But preventing it is still the same as it's always been: abstinence or sex with a condom, although that's not 100% effective. At this stage of the game, HIV infection is largely the fault of those who get it. There are some exceptions, but the majority bring it upon themselves. Sorry if that's not PC but it's the truth.

HE'S TROLLING!

Didn't seem like trolling. Oh well, caught me.

Haha gotchya! Trolling is awesome. Act like an idiot on an anonymous message board then when the other person responds THEY'RE THE IDIOT! This is great.

But anyway sorry guys...so Romney dodged Vietnam and told everyone else to go fight eh? Pretty good business move there IMO. Minimize risk and still do what you want awesome. B-)

Haha gotchya! Trolling is awesome. Act like an idiot on an anonymous message board then when the other person responds THEY'RE THE IDIOT! This is great.

But anyway sorry guys...so Romney dodged Vietnam and told everyone else to go fight eh? Pretty good business move there IMO. Minimize risk and still do what you want awesome. B-)

I'm not sure why anyone would want to take a place they frequent, and try to make it terrible. You !@#$s actually make people dumber with exposure, and worse, you're proud of it. You're the reason discourse is so bad in this country. When bullets start flying you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

This whole forum is in permanent stasis, hanging over a shark.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to take a place they frequent, and try to make it terrible. You !@#$s actually make people dumber with exposure, and worse, you're proud of it. You're the reason discourse is so bad in this country. When bullets start flying you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

If you ask around, it's mostly my fault.

And sometimes, people just branch out into performance art for a little bit. That's all he's doing. Ain't no thing...not like he's wishing you'd die in a fiery car crash, so as to prove that his mistaken interpretation of your belief in small government is a very bad idea.

Haha c'mon if you couldn't tell I was joking around you are either 1) an idiot or 2) very caught up in your own argument to not realize I'm saying things that are ridiculous and unlike anything I typically say.

Don't be mad at occasional humor. Your attitude on this place is that you are basically going to crush others with your clearly correct views. You would think that is a form of humor in itself since you ... ya know .. haven't fixed America yet.

Seriously though, the Obama bashing and liberal bashing on this board is relentless. Are some conservatives so uptight they can't take a joke when they reign snide remarks on politicians and other posters constantly? (hint: rhetorical question)

Edited by TheNewBills

Your attitude on this place is that you are basically going to crush others with your clearly correct views.

Which, by the way, is an infringement on my patent. My lawyers will be in touch shortly...

Seriously though, the Obama bashing and liberal bashing on this board is relentless. Are some conservatives so uptight they can't take a joke when they reign snide remarks on politicians and other posters constantly? (hint: rhetorical question)

You should have been here for the Bush Administration. This is relatively tame, in comparison. At least when people bash Obama here, they're more likely to stick to actual issues and not "FLIGHTSUIT! HALLIBURTON! NOSE PICK! GOAT STORY!"

Haha c'mon if you couldn't tell I was joking around you are either 1) an idiot or 2) very caught up in your own argument to not realize I'm saying things that are ridiculous and unlike anything I typically say.

Don't be mad at occasional humor. Your attitude on this place is that you are basically going to crush others with your clearly correct views. You would think that is a form of humor in itself since you ... ya know .. haven't fixed America yet.

I'm bothered when reasonable opposition with manners starts acting the fool, because at that point there is no longer a point to discussing things, and we, as opposing parties should simply save time and reach for the hand guns. Once we've reached that place there is no longer a middle ground or peaceful resolution to be obtained. When the unwashed masses (...lybob, Joe_the_6_Pack, Park, etc.) behave that way, it's easier to accept because they were put on this earth to be !@#$ing retarded and abrasive, and they're just doing what's expected of them.

As to crushing poorly reasoned arguments with my splendour and enormous e-peen? Yeah, I do that. B-)

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

He almost got me to reply, until I realized that he's smart enough to not actually think that about AIDS.

Not crayonz-worthy, but a decent amateur effort.

I was duped because some people actually believe what he wrote. Although I should have given him more credit, so for that, I'm sorry TNB.

That's cool; I thought it was surprisingly obtuse coming from you, but it's actually not much different from what we see from the usual suspects around here.

please play easy with Rob he's very sensitive, emotional and as fragile and delicate as a baby hummingbird.

:cry: