Bills Defensive Scheme Similar To LSU

poo

Just saw this while checking out the transcript(At the bottom of the page) where Kelvin Sheppard says the Bills defense is "almost identical that I ran at at LSU." I am not familiar with college ball but LSU is one of the better defensive teams I do believe. Can the Bills replicate their success? Does LSU have consistent success against pro-style offenses in college? Any LSU fans want to chime in be most appreciated.

Just saw this while checking out the transcript(At the bottom of the page) where Kelvin Sheppard says the Bills defense is "almost identical that I ran at at LSU." I am not familiar with college ball but LSU is one of the better defensive teams I do believe. Can the Bills replicate their success? Does LSU have consistent success against pro-style offenses in college? Any LSU fans want to chime in be most appreciated.

It's hard to say - that defense is so talented that it's tough to seperate out what success is from scheme and what's just being bigger and faster than the other team.

Last year we had a lot in common with the bama scheme from dareus interviews and we saw how that worked out.

It's a pretty basic system. I think Sheppard is just saying that both are 4-3, one gap run defense, both prefer not to blitz, they prefer to keep it simple so the thinking goes out the window and the scheme relies on it's talented 4 man rush to attack while the back 7 flows and tackles, or covers.

Edited by FluffHead

It's a pretty basic system. I think Sheppard is just saying that both are 4-3, one gap run defense, both prefer not to blitz, they prefer to keep it simple so the thinking goes out the window and the scheme relies on it's talented 4 man rush to attack while the back 7 flows and tackles, or covers.

A job I certainly hope he is qualified for. It would really mean alot to this team for him to develop quickly this year.... He could look like a stud behind this line!