NBC's Poorly Timed Commercial

Right after announcing the first black girl to win the individual all-around in gymnastics, NBC cuts directly to a commercial with a monkey swinging on the bars doing gymnastics.

Oh no they didn't.

I'm sure they are, but either way it was nothing more than a coincidence and anyone making a deal about it shout probably STFU because they're trying to make noise where none is required.

It's still pretty funny, though. :doh:

Don't they slot the commercials well beforehand anyway?

Even if it were slotted, a monkey doing gymnastics, when it should have been known that there would be a black girl participating in gymnastics, is something that should have been re-thought by the several layers of people the commercial likely went through. Of course it's much ado about nothing, but the point is the hypocrisy in there being no outrage, because it was shown on NBC.

I'm sure they are, but either way it was nothing more than a coincidence and anyone making a deal about it shout probably STFU because they're trying to make noise where none is required.

I don't think anyone is really outraged about it. It's just funny to watch these maroons step in it; especially given their undying allegiance to politically correctness.

I don't think anyone is really outraged about it. It's just funny to watch these maroons step in it; especially given their undying allegiance to politically correctness.

Ouch... Gotta be careful with the term "maroon" and how you define it! ;-) ;-)

That was my point. A gaffe is a gaffe. For all the micromanging and control that is done at the corporate level, they don't see this?? How does it get to this point? I bring up the Reebok gaffe years ago. They get all the way to production of a WOMANS gym shoe and they name it: Incubus. WTF? Same with the shoes Addidas was just going to put out... You know, the one's with the fake ankle irons... LoL...

Who's steering this ship?

Ouch... Gotta be careful with the term "maroon" and how you define it! ;-) ;-)

That was my point. A gaffe is a gaffe. For all the micromanging and control that is done at the corporate level, they don't see this?? How does it get to this point? I bring up the Reebok gaffe years ago. They get all the way to production of a WOMANS gym shoe and they name it: Incubus. WTF? Same with the shoes Addidas was just going to put out... You know, the one's with the fake ankle irons... LoL...

Who's steering this ship?

:lol: The sad part is that after the "Monday" incident I actually did a quick e v a l of "maroon" to make sure it hadn't acquired a racial connotation since I last heard it used. Hell, I once heard someone say "porch monkey" was a racial slur. Gotta be careful these days.