Harry Reid's Comments

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who called you a liberal? If the shoe fits, fine but I was calling out the die-hard liberals who were going to defend Reid or stay silent.

Just getting on you a bit- those statements just sound like you are talking to a lot of people, when it really is just a minority. It is worse when the politicians do it

Despite being a life-long liberal who voted for Obama and Kerry twice, this negative campaigning by Obama and hand wringing over such a petty non-issue like Romney's tax returns has convinced me to vote Republican in this election.

Edited by Rob's House

Despite being a life-long liberal who voted for Obama and Kerry twice, this negative campaigning by Obama and hand wringing over such a petty non-issue like Romney's tax returns has convinced me to vote Republican in this election.

Really?

That's because you realize that the negativity and pettiness is just a way to distract from the real issue, which is the dismal economy.

No. I just couldn't WTF you were babbling about. That says a lot if I can't understand it! :-P

You said you weren't demanding an audit so my reply was ok but if there had been one you'd want to see it. Sorry I spoke in such complex terms. And you not being able to understand it say absolutely nothing.

That's because you realize that the negativity and pettiness is just a way to distract from the real issue, which is the dismal economy.

What dismal economy? We're heading in the right direction! We tried our way -- and it worked! Sure we have more work to do, and sure that work essentially boils down to raising taxes on everyone, never passing a budget and setting new records for debt and deficit, but hey...Romney has a horse!!!

This election is very clear: either you want to keep going in the right direction, or you like guys with horses. You decide.

What dismal economy? We're heading in the right direction! We tried our way -- and it worked! Sure we have more work to do, and sure that work essentially boils down to raising taxes on everyone, never passing a budget and setting new records for debt and deficit, but hey...Romney has a horse!!!

This election is very clear: either you want to keep going in the right direction, or you like guys with horses. You decide.

Which candidate is best suited to fix the European economy, so they can resume buying our stuff?

I'm going to go ahead and answer: Someone up for election in Europe

Well, you don't think our economy is in a vacuum, do you? The world economy will continue to drag ours down- with Europe at the forefront of that.

Which candidate is best suited to fix the European economy, so they can resume buying our stuff?

I'm pretty sure that's not Obama.

I'm going to go ahead and answer: Someone up for election in Europe

We're !@#$ed. :ph34r:

Well, you don't think our economy is in a vacuum, do you? The world economy will continue to drag ours down- with Europe at the forefront of that.

How would you propose that a sitting American president would "fix" the European economy, when you have 13 separate voices that make up the Euro, and not a single one of them can agree on one thing?

Let me just save you the time from responding, we can't do anything other than make suggestions and even with those suggestions, they have their own politics to think of and they could give a flying rats ass what we think they should do.

How would you propose that a sitting American president would "fix" the European economy, when you have 13 separate voices that make up the Euro, and not a single one of them can agree on one thing?

Let me just save you the time from responding, we can't do anything other than make suggestions and even with those suggestions, they have their own politics to think of and they could give a flying rats ass what we think they should do.

I'm not- I just think it's funny to hear people talk about the candidates' plans to 'fix' the economy. How good do they think our economy can get, when the rest of the world is doing so bad.

I'm not- I just think it's funny to hear people talk about the candidates' plans to 'fix' the economy. How good do they think our economy can get, when the rest of the world is doing so bad.

You're assuming that the American economy relies simply on exports to Europe?

Adapt or die.

You're assuming that the American economy relies simply on exports to Europe?

Adapt or die.

Oh, it definitely doesn't, but there is a low ceiling to economic improvement, as things are much more interconnected than they used to be. Not much either candidate can do about it, although they will act like there is.

Other areas of the global economy will rise up and fill the void. No one nation or group of nations is essential and unabstractable. Furthermore, European nations are sovereign entities unto themselves (excepting Eurozone nation's who have a partially shared sovereignty), hold there own elections, and have their own domestic policy. It is the absolute pinnacle of arrogance bred of the flawed notions of American Exceptionalism, Manifest Destiny, and White Man's Burden to believe that our duty is to strip them of their sovereignty for their own good.