Kelsay...

Please, post a video of Kelsay stuffing a run. It hasn't happened in a long time. Please, explain why the team is setting records for rushing yards against. Who is to blame? If he's a stout run defender, there should be some evidence of it. He was lining up next to one of the best DTs in the NFL (Dareus) last season, yet he couldn't register a single Run Stuff. It's kinda sad, really.

Last time I checked

- Kelsay was playing out of position and being asked to play in COVERAGE last year?

- Its a team game....there are other defenders on the field....we are going to throw Kelsay under the bus for last years performance? Really?

Learn how a defense works

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think the author of the article was stepping to far out on the ledge by saying 'Kelsay could have a career year'. He would have to amass 6 sacks to have his best year.

I could easily see that. He is the forgotten man among all the 'studs/names' the Bills have.

Lets hope Kelsay has 6 sacks this year- and that is the least amount by any of the DE's!!

Kelsay isn't all that likely to play a lot this year, despite the fact that Gailey, Nix and Wannstedt probably think higher of him than 90% of the TSWers.

Mario may be taken out for about 10 plays a game. They may say they are going to attack in waves but they really aren't going to take him out that much and why would they.

Anderson may be the #1 surprise at camp so far, with the possible exception of Merriman (and Gilmore's consistency). Anderson has been more than they expected, and before camp even started they said they think of him as a 3 down player.

Merriman is going to play, too, and Chan has already hinted that he wants him 15-20 plays a game.

That does not leave a lot of playing time for Kelsay. He will surely play, but if Merriman is healthy, Shawne is going to get those plays. Anderson is going to get 50% plus of the snaps.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Kelsay isn't all that likely to play a lot this year, despite the fact that Gailey, Nix and Wannstedt probably think higher of him than 90% of the TSWers.

Mario may be taken out for about 10 plays a game. They may say they are going to attack in waves but they really aren't going to take him out that much and why would they.Anderson may be the #1 surprise at camp so far, with the possible exception of Merriman (and Gilmore's consistency). Anderson has been more than they expected, and before camp even started they said they think of him as a 3 down player.

Merriman is going to play, too, and Chan has already hinted that he wants him 15-20 plays a game.

That does not leave a lot of playing time for Kelsay. He will surely play, but if Merriman is healthy, Shawne is going to get those plays. Anderson is going to get 50% plus of the snaps.

Exactly. This should end the Kelsay fanboy wacko's endless turd polishing.

But it won't.

Last time I checked

- Kelsay was playing out of position and being asked to play in COVERAGE last year?

- Its a team game....there are other defenders on the field....we are going to throw Kelsay under the bus for last years performance? Really?

Learn how a defense works

Did you notice how Kelsay didn't make a single play all season? His stats are padded with meaningless sacks off of a confused Tebow. I know it's a team game and all, but eventually you expect an individual to register a meaningful BIG PLAY (at least once per season?!) His best play of the year was the infamous Dalton "tuck rule" non-sack, but it didn't count, so it doesn't matter.

According to the article, Kelsay has looked good through two whole days of camp!

If that's the case the Bills should just cut Lindell.

Just kidding Dukeybomb.

Kelsay is just SO great. And the emporer has no clothes!

Wake up folks

Also,

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain… "

But it won't.

If you can point to a single post of mine in which I suggested Kelsay should be the starter, or receive a majority of snaps, on the current defensive line, I'll gladly buy you a beer.

I love how seriously this thread is being taken.

I would like to call out that I am the one that created this as a marketable concept Dorkington.

Of course you being a senior brother of the forum and all. its yours.

During my rambling predictions of Chris's banner probowl superbowl year before retirement, i also mentioned that his arms are totally shreddedrippedand huge. I am suprised it took you so long to notice.

your sense of humor is curious.

You Go Chris Kelsay!

But it won't.

there are more than one of us Mister. :ph34r:

anderson has been a liability against the run his entire career. but oh yeah hes gonna suddenly transform into a four down stud in bflo

kelsay IS going to start the early/rush downs. kelsey IS going to have a career season. and mh IS going to run your nose in it when it happens

If you can point to a single post of mine in which I suggested Kelsay should be the starter, or receive a majority of snaps, on the current defensive line, I'll gladly buy you a beer.

What makes you think I was referring to you?

Starting?? No one would argue he's a starter. Your threads have been more about the guys who have kept Kelsay on the team than about Kelsay himself--be honest.

Also, is there any fan site on the planet that devotes so much energy in trying to convince everyone else how good a backup D-lineman is??

What makes you think I was referring to you?

Starting?? No one would argue he's a starter. Your threads have been more about the guys who have kept Kelsay on the team than about Kelsay himself--be honest.

Also, is there any fan site on the planet that devotes so much energy in trying to convince everyone else how good a backup D-lineman is??

Well, you've berated me for starting those threads, so I didn't think it was a stretch...

Regardless, you are absolutely correct -- my threads were about showing the fans who constantly demand Kelsay be cut that the guys making the actual football decisions at OBD respect what he brings to the table. That's all.

As for your last question, here are my thoughts. Kelsay is a good guy. He's a "good" player. He's never gotten himself into trouble, never complained about being asked to play out of position, and he really doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He's a great teammate and a 100% effort guy. He's the kind of player every good team needs a bunch of -- the Bills just haven't had enough of the REALLY good players around him to showcase his value (i.e., because he was a starter everyone expects him to put up the big numbers).

I think those of us who appreciate that kind of high character player are really insulted when other fans simply throw all of that out the window and trash the guy because he isn't a superstar. I think it's fair to say Kelsay was overpaid in his last contract extension, but it's clear (to most of us) that Buddy was sending a clear message to the team about what sort of players will be rewarded and valued.

And with that, I am honestly through discussing Chris Kelsay. He's going to be a very nice piece of the Bills' D line puzzle this season.

In the first video Kelsay took a poor angle.....simple as that....and Cutler CAN scramble

In the second video Kelsay got there.......and flew off of Rothlesheimer trying to make the tackle.....but know that this happens to ALL pass rushers at some point and time.......two things happened bad after thatplay

a. Kelsay didnt get right back up and into the play

b. When Kelsay almost got him....the QB took his eyes off field and it took seconeds to evade the sack......and NOBODY beat their man and assisted Kelsay during that small amount of time...completingthe sack......which allowed the QB to take off downfield with Marcel almost chasing him down.......WHERE WAS EVERYBODY ELSE

Consider this.....if Anderson or Mario were the DE that got whipped off....Kelsay playing at the other DE spot probably makes this play

Kelsay is what his is......a non spectacular barely above average DE....WHO IS A ROTATIONAL PLAYER NOW

He obviously brings a good locker room presense which is also important