Somebody tell Fitz he didn't get the memo...

eball

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick on Fred and CJ: "we have to have both of those guys going...we've made the run game more of a point."

And then there's Chan himself:

On if he has focused on the run a little bit more the past two days:

"Yes. Consciously."

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick on Fred and CJ: "we have to have both of those guys going...we've made the run game more of a point."

"Yes. Consciously."

music to my ears.

"Yes. Consciously."

I just read quotes today and man this is good stuff.

The combination of Nix and Gailey and their 60 years of football are really starting to show this year.

i have seen next to nothing post season that suggests these guys and the group of fellows working for them are not all headed in the right direction.

Go Bills? Hell Yes!!

Obviously Freddy and Spiller are one of the top RB combos in the game.

IF the Bills make good on the threats to run the ball a bit more, I really hope they bring in a big power back to smash some mouths with. The Bills even by modern NFL standards have a huge offensive line (excepting Levitre who nonetheless gets excellent movement in the run game) and with a guy in the style of Michael Bush, Cedric Benson, Michael Turner, etc, they could really change gears from the spread and physically punish teams.

Even though I respect T Choice, I'd like a power back as our third back.

Maybe they'll use C Mac a bit more in a big back role?

"Yes. Consciously."

Hopefully he'll consciously focus on the run on Sundays during the fall/winter.

Chan went to the pass at some very inopportune situations last season. Like 3rd/4th-and-1 situations.

I don't get why you do that with the kind of backfield we had/have.

It's nice to hear that there's some emphasis on the run here in camp, but I still need to see that Chan gets this during the season rather than getting caught up in using the WRs so damn much.

Chan went to the pass at some very inopportune situations last season. Like 3rd/4th-and-1 situations.

It's nice to hear that there's some emphasis on the run here in camp, but I still need to see that Chan gets this during the season rather than getting caught up in using the WRs so damn much.

If those calls had worked, then instead of "inopportune situations" we would be reading how Gaileys megamind offense is so great because it keeps defenses guessing.

Sounds like the run game has been tearing it up in camp so far. I know it's a pass happy league, but I love a strong run game. Keeps the ball out of the opponents hands, gives our defense rest. :)

Is this good or bad though?

I often wonder if its a good thing to hear a certain aspect of the team is playing great, cause that could mean the other side of the ball wasn't able to stop them and isn't as good. Thats the problem with TC and why you can't really judge a team until it counts and they play another team. If the offence right now is looking really good, it could mean the defence isn't

Because he was trying to make a big play....

When teams gear up for run in obvious running situations and you pass......if it works you have the opportunity for a big play...maybe even a touchdown.....Chan was trying to win.

The PROBLEM with that is if it doesn't work....you have to punt......and put a defense that couldnt stop anybody back on the field....you are also telling your O Line that you dont trust them to get a 1st down on short yardage...which is BAD

Because our Offensive Line provided zero push. Nothing. Nada. We ran the ball best when we had defenses on their heels. We really struggled running the ball in 3rd and short situations.

Because our Offensive Line provided zero push. Nothing. Nada. We ran the ball best when we had defenses on their heels. We really struggled running the ball in 3rd and short situations.

third and short was a major problem last year, and they need to overcome that this year to really be a playoff team.