Fred Jackson article…

Not a bad article although not groundbreaking from an informational standpoint either.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19705833/doitall-jackson-best-running-back-you-never-hear-about/two-bliis-drive

Mostly I'm posting this to crow a little bit. For years I've been making this point repeatedly and finally a real "football person" validates my opinion:

"Fred Jackson is everything you want from a running back, with one NFL assistant telling me that he reminds him of Marcus Allen because "he glides more than he runs, and he sees everything."

All Hail Me!!!

There are a few other significant points in the piece:

"He's the best player we have on offense," said quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick."

And finally from Fred himself to all Bills fans who wish the team would play smashmouth just a bit more (is Fred suggesting a modified offensive doctrine?):

"You have to be able to run here," said Jackson. "It's a must. We're going to get swirling winds in that stadium and snow and all that so we have to be able to pound the ball, be able to keep teams off the field and stay on the field when we're out there. It's a huge piece to have, and hopefully we can live up to that expectation."

1343881980[/url]' post='2519084']

Not a bad article although not groundbreaking from an informational standpoint either.

http://www.cbssports...two-bliis-drive

Mostly I'm posting this to crow a little bit. For years I've been making this point repeatedly and finally a real "football person" validates my opinion:

"Fred Jackson is everything you want from a running back, with one NFL assistant telling me that he reminds him of Marcus Allen because "he glides more than he runs, and he sees everything."

All Hail Me!!!

There are a few other significant points in the piece:

"He's the best player we have on offense," said quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick."

And finally from Fred himself to all Bills fans who wish the team would play smashmouth just a bit more (is Fred suggesting a modified offensive doctrine?):

"You have to be able to run here," said Jackson. "It's a must. We're going to get swirling winds in that stadium and snow and all that so we have to be able to pound the ball, be able to keep teams off the field and stay on the field when we're out there. It's a huge piece to have, and hopefully we can live up to that expectation."

Great article but it's actually a Clark Judge byline and not Kirwan, who wrote the team report.

but… but… how about the Marcus Allen thing?

:lol:

SJ, I officially give you the props you deserve.

"I Knight thee Comparer of Marcus Allen, with all right, title and properties that go alone with it."

Seriously, that is a great observation and being old enough to have seen MA I think it is a good comparison.

:thumbsup:

Edited by dollars 2 donuts