More proof Ralph is cheap

How the hell is a football team's performance tied to what you deserve? You deserve what you earn, I'm missing how what you deserve relates to the Bills and Ralph.

well, lets just say the new lease is signed , the state, county, whatever, puts up the money for the requested stadium improvements(which i am TOTALLY in favor of), ralph kicks in two years, no succession plan in place, "the highests bidder" comes in, as ralph is on record as saying it will play out(unless otherwise some secret plan is in place) , the new owner buys the team, buys out the escape clause in the lease, moves the team... fan base is left with no team and a refurbished white elephant in O P

Football is a business. The NFL is the biggest business in sports. If Ralph wanted to leave he's had plenty of opportunities to do so. He hasn't. He's had plenty of opportunites tobsell the team to just about anyone in the last few years, he hasn't. He's kept the team here. And regardless of war everyont thinks his plan is for the team after he dies, nobody really knows and won't until he dies. If your so interested in the Bills staying in Buffalo them maybe you should be donating your personal bank account to Ralphs doctors to help keep him alive longer since you think the team is gone when he is gone. You should be begging Jesus every night to keep Ralph breathing. Not hating him and calling him a "prick".

ok, i take back ralph is a pri-k.. he is just not a nice person, ok?

Edited by dwight in philly

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, lets just say the new lease is signed , the state, county, whatever, puts up the money for the requested stadium improvements(which i am TOTALLY in favor of), ralph kicks in two years, no succession plan in place, "the highests bidder" comes in, as ralph is on record as saying it will play out(unless otherwise some secret plan is in place) , the new owner buys the team, buys out the escape clause in the lease, moves the team... fan base is left with no team and a refurbished white elephant in O P

I too am in favor of the new lease and upgrades being proposed regardless of cost. I think your thinking a little crazy. I don't think there is any way the State, county would have anything to do with spending hundreds of millions on stadium upgrades if there was ever a realistic possibility of loosing the team anytime soon. Most likely the county, state would have some no move clause for the next few decades regardless of owner and that might just be the succession plan that Ralph has worked out. Regardless, I don't think any upgrades get done without assurance the county keeps the team for the foreseable future.

As far as Ralph being a Prick, or not nice, or the freakig wicked witch of the west. I don't care. Rue fact is that he is the owner of the team that I love. He hasn't moved them in the 50+ years of his ownership. I personally don't know him so I couldn't judge. And even if he was a prick, jerk, not nice, I wouldn't care because it's a business and he owes me and the rest of the community absolutely nothing. The day I feel he owes me something, I'll drive to his house in Detroit, knock on his door, and demand his butler (or maybe just Russ Brandon) give me a contract for being a fan. Get a grip.

dwight, unfortunately you still have offered no reasonable explanation as to why you, or any fan, "deserve" anything from the owner of an NFL franchise. You're bitter because you don't know what Ralph's plans are, and even worse, you call him a pri*k because of it. This despite the fact he has kept the team in Buffalo and is an unquestioned philanthropist and supporter of the city and many great causes.

Me pointing out those things doesn't make me "blindly loyal" -- Ralph has made a number of poor football decisions in his tenure as owner. But I choose to support the team because doing so gives me pleasure, and I don't for one moment believe Ralph Wilson "owes" me anything other than to try and field the most competitive football team he can.

You're afraid the team will leave one day and the fans will be left with nothing. I get it. I'd hate that day as well. But throwing Ralph under the bus because he hasn't shared his master plan with "the fans" is ridiculous.

The man is on his way out.

.......Any camp appearances so far by Ralph???????????

Just checkin'.

Be glad for what we have had since 1959/'60

Ralph doesn't have to let us know about any "succession plan" for the Bills any more than Steve Jobs did for Apple.

So, STFU already.........

"STFU"!! nice.. i think you may need to take a deep breath , maybe hold hands with a few people, suck in some air.. try to be at peace ..i wasnt aware steve jobs took taxpayer dollars to subsidize his business.. thanks for the insight.. wow.. you learn something every day

STFU!!nice.. i think you may need to take a deep breath , maybe hold hands with a few people, suck in some air.. try to be at peace ..i wasnt aware steve jobs took taxpayer dollars to subsidize his business.. thanks for the insight.. wow.. you learn something every day

Dwight, I'm not jumping ontop of the pile here. I can't comment in Steve Jobs or Apple. I also can't say that Ralph hasn't. But I can say that being in the City or sorrounding areas I do have a say in if it offends me or not. It DOESNT. I back the Bills every chance I get. Yes I know the owner is a multi-millionaire. I don't care. I get joy out of having an NFL team in my town. To that I can say that it probably doesn't matter what your opinion is since you don't live in the town anymore or pay Erie County or New York State taxes anymore. As fas as feeling bad for fellow Bills fans that feel duped, I say I'm fine. I'll continue to be fine. And I don't need your sympathy.

Dwight, I'm not jumping ontop of the pile here. I can't comment in Steve Jobs or Apple. I also can't say that Ralph hasn't. But I can say that being in the City or sorrounding areas I do have a say in if it offends me or not. It DOESNT. I back the Bills every chance I get. Yes I know the owner is a multi-millionaire. I don't care. I get joy out of having an NFL team in my town. To that I can say that it probably doesn't matter what your opinion is since you don't live in the town anymore or pay Erie County or New York State taxes anymore. As fas as feeling bad for fellow Bills fans that feel duped, I say I'm fine. I'll continue to be fine. And I don't need your sympathy.

again, not living there is a moot point. i am totally alright with the taxpayer dollars being used(having paid said tax dollars for over 30 years there ) to subsidize the franchise in all ways. i am totally on board with it. my problem is that the fan's deserve more than the lip service of the team being sold to the highest bidder upon wilson's death, case closed. what is the problem with questioning why he cant be forthright about a succession plan? why do the fans have to continually have to worry about it and have dialogues like this?

again, not living there is a moot point. i am totally alright with the taxpayer dollars being used(having paid said tax dollars for over 30 years there ) to subsidize the franchise in all ways. i am totally on board with it. my problem is that the fan's deserve more than the lip service of the team being sold to the highest bidder upon wilson's death, case closed. what is the problem with questioning why he cant be forthright about a succession plan? why do the fans have to continually have to worry about it and have dialogues like this?

Fans are the ones that blow these dialogues out of proportion. Not Ralph. Not the town, county, or state. Sen. Schumer has made mention of making sure he does everything possible keeping the Bills in Buffalo. The NFL commissioner, Goodell has also made comments about how the Bills are an important franchise to the Northeast in the NFL. Jim Kelly has made comments that he will do everything possible to keep the team in Buffalo and that he has Billions of dollars of backing. Fans are the only people getting all bent out of shape about this. As Jim Kelly and others have mentioned in the past, let's not act like Ralph is already dead and enjoy the team that IS here now, and is in the conversation of being a playoff contending team for the first time in 13 years. As fans, we can count in the polititians and team officials to work something out after Ralphs demise. We don't have a say in it anyway and that goes back to the whole point that as fans we don't deserve anything. If you don't like it or think it's fare as a fan to not know the future of the team then you can watch another team that's not going to move (my point about you just changing and becoming an Eagles fan). Where do we as fans or people in general feel that we are entitled to anything??? You have made comments that you are older than 50 but the comments you've made about entitlement make you sound like your a 16 year old girl. Just saying. Why don't we all just stop with the Ralph bashing and enjoy what he has given us. A team that we can root for. I'll worry about them being taken away when that time comes.

Fans are the ones that blow these dialogues out of proportion. Not Ralph. Not the town, county, or state. Sen. Schumer has made mention of making sure he does everything possible keeping the Bills in Buffalo. The NFL commissioner, Goodell has also made comments about how the Bills are an important franchise to the Northeast in the NFL. Jim Kelly has made comments that he will do everything possible to keep the team in Buffalo and that he has Billions of dollars of backing. Fans are the only people getting all bent out of shape about this. As Jim Kelly and others have mentioned in the past, let's not act like Ralph is already dead and enjoy the team that IS here now, and is in the conversation of being a playoff contending team for the first time in 13 years. As fans, we can count in the polititians and team officials to work something out after Ralphs demise. We don't have a say in it anyway and that goes back to the whole point that as fans we don't deserve anything. If you don't like it or think it's fare as a fan to not know the future of the team then you can watch another team that's not going to move (my point about you just changing and becoming an Eagles fan). Where do we as fans or people in general feel that we are entitled to anything??? You have made comments that you are older than 50 but the comments you've made about entitlement make you sound like your a 16 year old girl. Just saying. Why don't we all just stop with the Ralph bashing and enjoy what he has given us. A team that we can root for. I'll worry about them being taken away when that time comes.

i am actually 60, your "16 yr-old girl" comment aside, to each is own.. i am enjoying the team as much as i did in september of 1960 when i went to my first game. that being said, it is MY opinion that wilson is being disingenous.

i am actually 60, your "16 yr-old girl" comment aside, to each is own.. i am enjoying the team as much as i did in september of 1960 when i went to my first game. that being said, it is MY opinion that wilson is being disingenous.

I respect your opinion and appreciate your support of the Bills. I will no longer try to sway your opinion about the team or it's owner, current or future. Please don't attempt to sway mine in return.

Good night.

i remember back when wilson had to have more seats in war memorial stadium, he strong armed the buffalo common council resulting in 7,200 seats. the threat was there. around 69-70, he is going to move to seattle unless he gets a new stadium resulting in the county building him the "ralph". there was a huge groundswell to build the stadium in buffalo, but wilson insisted on the suburbs. i am quite sure it was because the parking would be all his. he has done a great job of making the loyal fans beholden to him, for this, i dislike him, AND, the lack of not allowing a succession plan to be put into place just further pisses me off.

He made the best business decision for the franchise. He made a ton of $ on parking, so what! He's a business man.If you have dealt with Erie County and Buffalo government(politics), you wouldn't want to deal with those crooks either. Some of you (alot of you) keep forgetting this is his business and he has run HIS business succesfully. If you read any history on Ralph, you would see he as done alot for not only WNY, but the NFL. He helped a franshise stay afloat while in trouble(Clev./Det./Pitt.??) and helped form the NFL as it currently stands. Again, some of you get too personal about this. It's his business and if you don't like it, you always have the Eagles.

i never said ralph donates money to charity for a tax write-off, be that as it may, my basic frustration is directed at all the ralph ass-kissing that goes on here. sure he has kept the team here, know that , can recite it chapter and verse, my problem(s) with him, and there are many, is holding us in a hostage situation . it is insulting! IT IS DEGRADING, why is it such a big deal to keep it secret? but, if we are to go on what we know, YES, the team will be sold to the highest bidder, case closed. that is the epitome of a shameless pri-k.

Dude, maybe you need something else in your life. How is he holding you hostage? If you are as old as you make yourself out to be, you really need to grow up and find some other meaning to your life. HOSTAGE, DEGRADING?!?!? If the team is sold to the highest bidder, so what! It's a business, BIG BUSINESS.I'm gonna get a little Philly here and say "it's his Fu*^ing business!" GO see a movie or something this weekend, or is Philly growing on you so much that you have their attitude now.

i am enjoying the team as much as i did in september of 1960 when i went to my first game.

fooled me.

Tell that to all the people affected by his donations.

Ralph is a great man. I truly hope he is able to experience holding the Lombardi trophy over his head before his time is up. Of course I also hope he secretly has some plan in place so that the Bills have a home in Buffalo for many years to come.

Long Live Ralph

Ralph IS a great man for many reasons...he will become an icon for all-times, a Buffalo legend for eternity if he has secretly planned on doing the right thing-A succession plan that will keep the team in Buffalo forever upon his departure...Now if he was reckless, and thougtless about what happens to the team after he leaves us, and they ever up and leave...Then unfortuantely, he will become Art Modell X 100...he will be blasted forever in WNY and probably burned in effigy...If he keeps the team where they belong...We must honor him with a giant bronze statue somewhere where it can be admired for all times!Stories of this great man will be passed down from father to son, and he will be remembered forever!

Ralph IS a great man for many reasons...he will become an icon for all-times, a Buffalo legend for eternity if he has secretly planned on doing the right thing-A succession plan that will keep the team in Buffalo forever upon his departure...Now if he was reckless, and thougtless about what happens to the team after he leaves us, and they ever up and leave...Then unfortuantely, he will become Art Modell X 100...he will be blasted forever in WNY and probably burned in effigy...If he keeps the team where they belong...We must honor him with a giant bronze statue somewhere where it can be admired for all times!Stories of this great man will be passed down from father to son, and he will be remembered forever!

:sick:

Dwight ... you take the stand that Ralph has held us fans "hostage" and diliberatly fielded a sub standard team for his profit, and didn't move the team for greener pastures because of us butt kissing fans supporting the team.

But you are also angry that when the team gets sold to the highest bidder those new owners will somehow decide to up and move the team to greener pastures.

You gotta pick one side of the arguement bud ... either Ralph kept the team in Buffalo eventhough he could have made more money elswhere .... OR .... it doesn't matter who buys the team, those "greener pastures" just don't exist.

Personally I think (notice I didn't say know) Ralph has kept the team in western New York out of some sort of loyalty to the community .... just as he has voted against any team relocating from their "home city", and I fear the day when "our team" gets sold ... I am holding my breath until that all shakes out.

You may be upset with some of his decisions as to who he has handed the reigns of the team over to with the exception of maybe Bill Polien, John Butler, and maybe Buddy Nix (time will tell on Buddy) as am I ... but to paint him as the evil empire is a bit harsh.

Dwight ... you take the stand that Ralph has held us fans "hostage" and diliberatly fielded a sub standard team for his profit, and didn't move the team for greener pastures because of us butt kissing fans supporting the team.

But you are also angry that when the team gets sold to the highest bidder those new owners will somehow decide to up and move the team to greener pastures.

You gotta pick one side of the arguement bud ... either Ralph kept the team in Buffalo eventhough he could have made more money elswhere .... OR .... it doesn't matter who buys the team, those "greener pastures" just don't exist.

Personally I think (notice I didn't say know) Ralph has kept the team in western New York out of some sort of loyalty to the community .... just as he has voted against any team relocating from their "home city", and I fear the day when "our team" gets sold ... I am holding my breath until that all shakes out.

You may be upset with some of his decisions as to who he has handed the reigns of the team over to with the exception of maybe Bill Polien, John Butler, and maybe Buddy Nix (time will tell on Buddy) as am I ... but to paint him as the evil empire is a bit harsh.

i will just sit back and watch it play out. i sure hope there is some sort of succession plan, but lots on here missed my point and i will no longer re-hash the same sh-t.