I firmly believe this must be it for Fitz

Fitz has everything it takes to be a top NFL QB.... except the arm strength. Which is something that cannot be taught.

We are doomed to 9 or so wins best case, if Fitz remains the starter, for however many seasons he is the starter.

Bes case he gets us off to a running start, 5-2 or so, then VY comes in for the balance of the season.

"doomed" to 9 wins? wow. i think some Bills fans, players and coaches and management would've enjoyed being "doomed" a lot more over the past 12 seasons -- except 2004, when they hit the doom mark right on the button.

doomed. funny.

jw

Why continue with the guy who has proven to not be capable? You do realize that only 3 teams have kess wins than the Bills over the last 2 seasons, right? You can basically fart 4 wins in the NFL, and the Bills crapped 2 more than just showing up. 4-5 wins is like signing your name on the SAT. Anyone could have led the Bills to 10 wins the last 2 seasons. Fitz is garbage.

with all due respect to your numbers here, did you happen to check out how porous and banged up the defense was during those two years. and in regards to your anybody but Fitz suggestion, i'm guessing you would prefer Trent Edwards never lost the starting job in the first place? or perhaps, Kelly Holcomb would be your solution, eh?

jw

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sticking with Fitzpatrick is like going out with an average to below average looking girl who could look better with a nicer haircut and better make up. You take her out, spend lots of money, she is not very good at conversation, but she tries. Thing is, you think you can get into her pants? Nope, she doesn't even put out, but for some strange reason you continue to want to date her instead of just going out with some other chick. Heck, just to get laid, try some other chick. She might be sloppy, but you might get some. That is Vince Young. He is sloppy but he has proven to win some games and has many more 4th quarter comebacks.

Ok so My opinion is that most if not all if the things that were broke last year are fixed or at least got a shot of wd 40 for now. Think back to the steelers yrs when big ben was a rookie and the team was set up for him to be successful. Their D was strong. As I believe ours will be this yr. They had a good running game...check so do we. And another poster said it we probably wont have to score 35 points a game to just compete. Fitzy is smart and if this Defense does its job and we play a good ball control offense with our running game and screens and shots downfield when they come we will win ball games. I think thats what we will see this yr

Not being a man of faith, I have to ask if there is an allotment of things that you are allowed to pray for? Is this really something that you would call on your god for?

If you are sick and tired of Bills fans clinging to feel good stories, what are you going to do if they win? That will be a feel-good story, as the Bills are just a football team. It won't cure cancer, or feed children...

It is nice to see that somebody...anybody...was willing to be the grown up in the room and say that Bills fans shouldn't feel good. If there is one thing that I have noticed it is that there aren't enough negative pricks in these forums. We need more people like you to rub keep brining up that they Bills haven't been good in a long time, and that it has been one abysmal failure after another...I almost completely forgot, and was going to get excited about the prospects of competing this year. If there is anything that we don't need, it is hope, or happiness. We need to be serious and disappointed all of the time. We only have one life to live, and if you go around having fun or being happy all of the time, you are missing the point.

I do find it, at least mildly, amusing that the brave posters are willing to complain about lack of talent, bad drafts, poor coaching, blah blah blah blah, until they mention Fitz. They make it sound like he had the world handed to him when he strolled into Buffalo. I am not counting last year, when the Super Bowl was ours for the taking if only Fitz didn't screw it all up by playing through injuries, and figuring out a way to get rid of the football at a record pace...I mean when he got a clean snap that is.

I am tired of him holding us back, too, and if he doesn't do it this year, we should go back to looking for a QB, because there are a ton of them out there, and if it isn't every year that some new 22 year old wins the SB. A lot of QBs have played this game and never won, or been to a Super Bowl. There are "franchise," a term that is nonsensical to me, QBs who didn't even make the Playoffs every year, but yet if Fitz doesn't do all of that this year, he is scrap? The search for things to talk about has drug us to new lows, and the quest for something to piss and moan about even lower.

XOXO,

BBK

Amen brother! Great response...well done!

Sticking with Fitzpatrick is like going out with an average to below average looking girl who could look better with a nicer haircut and better make up. You take her out, spend lots of money, she is not very good at conversation, but she tries. Thing is, you think you can get into her pants? Nope, she doesn't even put out, but for some strange reason you continue to want to date her instead of just going out with some other chick. Heck, just to get laid, try some other chick. She might be sloppy, but you might get some. That is Vince Young. He is sloppy but he has proven to win some games and has many more 4th quarter comebacks.

Except, unlike your girlfriends, Vince Young isn't blind.

Or deaf.

Or lacking in olfactory senses.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Like that sometimes that guy says that Gailey made the offense geared around Fitz's strengths.............or is it Fitz is one of the few guys that can actually run Gailey's crazy complex offense? Which is it? Glad he is so smart, not smart enough to take a sack sometimes and instead just toss one up there, and not smart enough to slide when he is clearly will not make the first down and take a big hit from a LB. There is very little smart about Fitz's game.

There is very little smarts about your game

Ok so My opinion is that most if not all if the things that were broke last year are fixed or at least got a shot of wd 40 for now. Think back to the steelers yrs when big ben was a rookie and the team was set up for him to be successful. Their D was strong. As I believe ours will be this yr. They had a good running game...check so do we. And another poster said it we probably wont have to score 35 points a game to just compete. Fitzy is smart and if this Defense does its job and we play a good ball control offense with our running game and screens and shots downfield when they come we will win ball games. I think thats what we will see this yr

this post makes a lot of sense and this is pretty much where i am living these days. as a team, we seem to be a lot stronger across the board. and if they play like a team, good things will happen.

this is possibly the worst thing i have ever read in my life.

You eradicate a loser mentality by winning.. not by going 4-12 and 6-10. The fans on this board have a right to pessimistic until this team proves it can win.

Billrody......I do not believe that you fall under the same catagory as paint and yes you have the right to see it before you believe it....

but that is NOT what he is doing here.....re read his posts and you will see

Your posts grow more idiotic with every passing hit of the enter button

Billrody......I do not believe that you fall under the same catagory as paint and yes you have the right to see it before you believe it....

but that is NOT what he is doing here.....re read his posts and you will see

Your posts grow more idiotic with every passing hit of the enter button

I am just trying to present how bad sticking with Fitz is in a different way, but I guess it won't apply if you don't like girls.

Ahhhh. Now I at least see the source of the frustration misdirected at Fitz. Sorry man...

The guy earned his job and earned a shot to prove himself this year.

And Gannon was so "money" he was passed from min to kc to oak after he'd started numerous games for each. His qbr average for his first 90 games played was in the mid 70s.

Then in Oakland he strung together 3 or 4 pro bowls starting his 11th year.

If gannon = money, Fitz=silver. Either of which could help fix that frustration issue given no other choice.

I agree with the main theme of your post, but Wade Phillips was, and still is, a far-more accomplished DC than the "stache.

And as solid as they both are, I would say that neither one of them is qualified to carry Dick LeBeau's luggage.

Ahhhh. Now I at least see the source of the frustration misdirected at Fitz. Sorry man...

The guy earned his job and earned a shot to prove himself this year.

And Gannon was so "money" he was passed from min to kc to oak after he'd started numerous games for each. His qbr average for his first 90 games played was in the mid 70s.

Then in Oakland he strung together 3 or 4 pro bowls starting his 11th year.

If gannon = money, Fitz=silver. Either of which could help fix that frustration issue given no other choice.

Gannon was the clear #2 QB on Minnesota and KC, and those teams were winning. Why are you replacing QBs who were hurt when you were winning? He was behind Wade Wlson in Minnesota, and behind Steve Bono and then Grbac in KC. Gannon won, but his teams won more with the starter back in.

When Gannon received his shot to tbe clear #1 QB, that was in Oakland. HE WAS INSTANT MONEY WHEN HE WAS THE CLEAR STARTER, HOW CAN YOU CAN SEE THAT? Fitzpatrick is the clear starter in Buffalo, and he has sucked the whole time, and his team has not fun, he is bad starting QB and he has proven it and has proven he is not close to to the Gannon story. Fitz was a backup and passed around by bad teams, Gannon was a backup on good teams that won and made the playoffs regularly. How can you not see that?

Mid 70s in the late 80's and early 90's was actually pretty good for a backup. Not to mention his teams actually won when he played too, he was 19-16 in Minnesota, and 11-8 in KC. Fitz has been a loser his entire career.

Fitz has earned nothing, it makes no sense they are staying with a guy with such lousy stats and horrible win/loss percentage. Compare him to his modern counterparts and he comes up very bottom of the heap and is being passed not by younger players the Bills never a play for too. RG3 and Luck solidify Fitz's spot in the 20's.

Edited by paintmyhouse

Gannon was the clear #2 QB on Minnesota and KC, and those teams were winning. Why are you replacing QBs who were hurt when you were winning? He was behind Wade Wlson in Minnesota, and behind Steve Bono and then Grbac in KC. Gannon won, but his teams won more with the starter back in.

When Gannon received his shot to tbe clear #1 QB, that was in Oakland. HE WAS INSTANT MONEY WHEN HE WAS THE CLEAR STARTER, HOW CAN YOU CAN SEE THAT? Fitzpatrick is the clear starter in Buffalo, and he has sucked the whole time, and his team has not fun, he is bad starting QB and he has proven it and has proven he is not close to to the Gannon story. Fitz was a backup and passed around by bad teams, Gannon was a backup on good teams that won and made the playoffs regularly. How can you not see that?

Mid 70s in the late 80's and early 90's was actually pretty good for a backup. Not to mention his teams actually won when he played too, he was 19-16 in Minnesota, and 11-8 in KC. Fitz has been a loser his entire career.

Fitz has earned nothing, it makes no sense they are staying with a guy with such lousy stats and horrible win/loss percentage. Compare him to his modern counterparts and he comes up very bottom of the heap and is being passed not by younger players the Bills never a play for too. RG3 and Luck solidify Fitz's spot in the 20's.

To be clear....Fitzpatrick has not sucked the whole time.....there was a point in the year last year that Fitzpatrick had some of the highest QB stats in the league and people were hinting that this could be a pro bowl year for him.

He just didnt sustain it.....whether it be to the team around him...his injuries...whatever. But to say that Fitzpatrick is NEVER good is just kind of ridiculous....

Kind of like all your posts.

To be clear....Fitzpatrick has not sucked the whole time.....there was a point in the year last year that Fitzpatrick had some of the highest QB stats in the league and people were hinting that this could be a pro bowl year for him.

He just didnt sustain it.....whether it be to the team around him...his injuries...whatever. But to say that Fitzpatrick is NEVER good is just kind of ridiculous....

Kind of like all your posts.

You have to be good for a whole year to be good. The NFL is 16 games. You must play all 16 games. When you take into consideration that the NFL is 16 games (which is really hard to fathom, some people think it is like 7 games), he has never been good.

You have to be good for a whole year to be good. The NFL is 16 games. You must play all 16 games. When you take into consideration that the NFL is 16 games (which is really hard to fathom, some people think it is like 7 games), he has never been good.

That is your interpretation.....you say he has never been good but I can present you games last year in which he was good......actually....there are games last year where he was arguable VERY good.

There is a difference between not being consistant and having times when you are a good QB....what you are talking about is consistancy.

I am sure you know that though....and are just trying to twist things around because of your hate for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

That is your interpretation.....you say he has never been good but I can present you games last year in which he was good......actually....there are games last year where he was arguable VERY good.

There is a difference between not being consistant and having times when you are a good QB....what you are talking about is consistancy.

I am sure you know that though....and are just trying to twist things around because of your hate for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I am interpreting the NFL is 16 games for a season? I am not twiting anything. You are twisting it by not taking a look at the season as a whole. Maybe Shaun Hill should be a starter?