I firmly believe this must be it for Fitz

We get it. You hate Fitz. He walked on your lawn so you sprayed him with the hose. In retaliation, he left a flaming bag of dog crap on your front porch and you had to stomp it out with your new Tom Brady ugg boots. You've never forgiven him for it and are determined to disparage his character every chance you get.

Oh, Funny.

But I wish I wasn't getting that visual right after dinner :sick:

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz has everything it takes to be a top NFL QB.... except the arm strength. Which is something that cannot be taught.

We are doomed to 9 or so wins best case, if Fitz remains the starter, for however many seasons he is the starter.

Bes case he gets us off to a running start, 5-2 or so, then VY comes in for the balance of the season.

Fitz has everything it takes to be a top NFL QB.... except the arm strength. Which is something that cannot be taught.

We are doomed to 9 or so wins best case, if Fitz remains the starter, for however many seasons he is the starter.

Bes case he gets us off to a running start, 5-2 or so, then VY comes in for the balance of the season.

post-1661-060281200 1343784809_thumb.jpg

I am sick of the Bills and the fans clinging to feel good stories, I want results. Ralph has paid a ton and given Nix and Gailey a ton of room to do what is needed for this team. I feel this is the best overall talent we have had in a long time, and this is the best overall coaching staff possibly ever. We have NEVER had a DC as good as the 'stache' and I am sorry this isn't even debatable.

That said, Fitz has had plenty of time. He now has a QB coach directly working with him, full offseason, was the clear cut starter all of last year, all this offseason and will be all this season. If he doesn't make a significant improvement, he isn't going to at this stage of his career. It will be time to part ways and clean up the main position that is holding us back.

He doesn't need Brees numbers, he needs to put up a much better completion %, get the ball downfield much better and have a MUCH better TD to Int ratio and get us over the 10 win mark. If he doesn't its time to part ways.

I personally pray this guy does it, I am ready for this position to finally be settled.

I'm kinda curious: why should TBD care what you believe, or what you're sick of? I mean, you're entitled to believe whatever you want or be as sick as you like of course.

Do you feel you've demonstrated a significant level of football acumen or knowledge that should persuade the denizens here to pay any special heed to your beliefs and your sickness? Are you entertaining and funny like TKIG? Professional working in sports writing field like jw? Long time football fan able to put things in context? Student of the game? Stats god or goddess? What have you shown, besides a repetitive "Fitz sucks" refrain?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about your God-given right to express your opinion here. I've just always been curious about the psyche of people who frame their opinion in the terms you're using here, what you believe, what you're sick of.

My gut reaction is "And?"

Fact: Fitz is one additional completion per game away from being top 5 in the league. Opinion: he doesn't need a much better completion percentage. He needs to turn the ball over less, but that has periodically plagued many a great QB. Fact: any QB ability to get the ball downfield much better depends upon having time to do so and receivers who can get there. Our OL is a questionmark, including ability of RT and C to return from injury and stay healthy, and questionmarks at LT. So is our WR situation - we have a coach who loves his 3 and 4 WR sets without having 4 clear NFL-caliber WR as starters, let alone depth. Fact: our D was #30 in the league last year in PPG. Our O was #14. Given that, it's hard to construct a cogent argument that the O is the main thing holding us back. We've made great improvements in D this offseason - on paper. Football games are played on grass, so it's on the 'stache and our D to live up to their billing.

All that said, it's on Fitz to improve. But the Bils would be nuts to "part ways" with a competent NFL QB until they have someone proven to be better on the roster.

See, this is what makes no sense......you say at this point. Of course, we have to be all in with him right now. There were plenty of options to upgrade the last several seasons and none of those options were taken.

Like who?

Give me a specific player who we should have replaced Fitz with? And think about what we would have given up to get that player.

The only QB who has changed teams over the last 2 seasons, who would have been an upgrade from Fitz, is Peyton Manning and he is a HUGE question mark. None of the drafted QBs that we could have taken in the last few years are any better than Fitz right now (and might never be). The the girl we brought to the dance so we have to dance with her. I'd rather have Brees (although he is a douche) or Brady (also a douche) but they are not available.

10 wins in 2 years, only matching the Jauron/Fewell season of 6 wins, not yet reaching the elite 7 wins of Jauron, yep, supposed to really change the mentality.

I do not believe there was a loser mentality, I mean, just several years ago was 5-1, and we were constantly told by the everyone in the media how hard this team played for Jauron. This loser mentality only goes away with winning, and it is for the fans. The players played hard before too.

The forum must yield- This is clearly testimony from an expert in the field of loser mentality. Just see the posts.

On second thought- Fitz has earned the spot he has. He's earned it from his coach, his teammates and the majority of bills fans. For those oppossed just go be a packers, saints or Pats fan, because those are the only fan bases I know that are unanimously in favor of their QB....

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Are you talking about fans or the actual team? Bills fans have been burned twice in the past five years by having a winning mentality. Fans are on the edge of their seats waiting for anything that they can cheer for. I think its perfectly reasonable that fans hold back their off season hopes a little bit until this team proves it can do it the right way.

i was at the raiders game last year and let me just say, that was one of the best days of my life. a superbowl would be great, but just give me a group of guys out on the field on sundays that give it all they've got and get me up on my feet. i couldn't talk for a week after that game.

I'm kinda curious: why should TBD care what you believe, or what you're sick of? I mean, you're entitled to believe whatever you want or be as sick as you like of course.

Do you feel you've demonstrated a significant level of football acumen or knowledge that should persuade the denizens here to pay any special heed to your beliefs and your sickness? Are you entertaining and funny like TKIG? Professional working in sports writing field like jw? Long time football fan able to put things in context? Student of the game? Stats god or goddess? What have you shown, besides a repetitive "Fitz sucks" refrain?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about your God-given right to express your opinion here. I've just always been curious about the psyche of people who frame their opinion in the terms you're using here, what you believe, what you're sick of.

My gut reaction is "And?"

Fact: Fitz is one additional completion per game away from being top 5 in the league. Opinion: he doesn't need a much better completion percentage. He needs to turn the ball over less, but that has periodically plagued many a great QB. Fact: any QB ability to get the ball downfield much better depends upon having time to do so and receivers who can get there. Our OL is a questionmark, including ability of RT and C to return from injury and stay healthy, and questionmarks at LT. So is our WR situation - we have a coach who loves his 3 and 4 WR sets without having 4 clear NFL-caliber WR as starters, let alone depth. Fact: our D was #30 in the league last year in PPG. Our O was #14. Given that, it's hard to construct a cogent argument that the O is the main thing holding us back. We've made great improvements in D this offseason - on paper. Football games are played on grass, so it's on the 'stache and our D to live up to their billing.

All that said, it's on Fitz to improve. But the Bils would be nuts to "part ways" with a competent NFL QB until they have someone proven to be better on the roster.

I think you need to check your definition of a fact before you throw out ridiculous statements like the one above. Are you trying to say that if Fitz completed 16 more passes last year, he would have been a top 5 QB? You really need to frame that a whole lot better.. because that in itself is certainly not a fact.

i was at the raiders game last year and let me just say, that was one of the best days of my life. a superbowl would be great, but just give me a group of guys out on the field on sundays that give it all they've got and get me up on my feet. i couldn't talk for a week after that game.

Oh trust me I'm with you there.. I was at the pats game in Buffalo and I'll never forget it. I'll be a bills fan for the rest of my life regardless of whether or not they win another game. I'm just saying that its not as easy as flipping a switch for a fan to immediately adopt a "winners" attitude.

Edited by Billsrhody

I think you need to check your definition of a fact before you throw out ridiculous statements like the one above. Are you trying to say that if Fitz completed 16 more passes last year, he would have been a top 5 QB? You really need to frame that a whole lot better.. because that in itself is certainly not a fact.

This is what "Billsrhody" is talking about: I said: Fact: Fitz is one additional completion per game away from being top 5 in the league. Opinion: he doesn't need a much better completion percentage.

I can see where the wording was confusing. I was responding to the assertion that Fitz needs a "much better completion percentage."

Perhaps you would have found it easier to understand if I'd said: Fact: Fitz is one additional completion per game away from being top 5 in the league for completion percentage. Opinion: he doesn't need a much better completion percentage.

I kinda thought responding to a statement on completion percentage and following with a statement about his not needing a better completion percentage was sufficient context, but evidently not. My apologies. Now that we've clarified that, I'm sure you'll agree that I don't need to check my definition of a fact.

Perhaps you need to check your manners with regard to throwing out comments about one's need to check definitions of fact and "ridiculous statements" when you're simply unable to figure out the context, or it isn't made sufficiently plain and obvious to you?

I'm not worried about Fitz this year. He'll be fine. I have other bigger concerns though including our defense, WRs catching the football, Fred staying healthy, everybody else staying healthy.

This.

This is what "Billsrhody" is talking about: I said: Fact: Fitz is one additional completion per game away from being top 5 in the league. Opinion: he doesn't need a much better completion percentage.

I can see where the wording was confusing. I was responding to the assertion that Fitz needs a "much better completion percentage."

Perhaps you would have found it easier to understand if I'd said: Fact: Fitz is one additional completion per game away from being top 5 in the league for completion percentage. Opinion: he doesn't need a much better completion percentage.

I kinda thought responding to a statement on completion percentage and following with a statement about his not needing a better completion percentage was sufficient context, but evidently not. My apologies. Now that we've clarified that, I'm sure you'll agree that I don't need to check my definition of a fact.

Perhaps you need to check your manners with regard to throwing out comments about one's need to check definitions of fact and "ridiculous statements" when you're simply unable to figure out the context, or it isn't made sufficiently plain and obvious to you?

This.

You're right.. I didn't realize you were responding to something about completion percentage. Sorry about that.

Rich Gannon would like to say hello.

Complete lie. Gannon was money the day be began to start. Instant Pro Bowl. Instant leader of playoff teams. He was a backup on very successful teams. He was a backup who played a little on teams that consistently made the playoffs, and 3 times was a backup on teams that were 13-3.

To compare Fitz to Gannon really makes someone look foolish.

Name some of those automatic-guaranteed-to-succeed options?

PTR

No one is automatic guarantee. The only automatic guarantee is that Fitzpatrick has proven to be unreliable and a really bad starting QB, so I would rather go with Plan B, which is, anyone but Fitz, a proven loser.

No one is automatic guarantee. The only automatic guarantee is that Fitzpatrick has proven to be unreliable and a really bad starting QB, so I would rather go with Plan B, which is, anyone but Fitz, a proven loser.

Here's a shovel. You can dig that hole quicker.

Fitz is a proven "loser" so your solution is to try anyone else and cross your fingers? That screams WINNER!

PTR

Here's a shovel. You can dig that hole quicker.

Fitz is a proven "loser" so your solution is to try anyone else and cross your fingers? That screams WINNER!

PTR

Why continue with the guy who has proven to not be capable? You do realize that only 3 teams have kess wins than the Bills over the last 2 seasons, right? You can basically fart 4 wins in the NFL, and the Bills crapped 2 more than just showing up. 4-5 wins is like signing your name on the SAT. Anyone could have led the Bills to 10 wins the last 2 seasons. Fitz is garbage.