Is Troup done?

If he can't finish on Day 4 of camp, is he an easy cut- medical payout?

I dont expect him to make the team. If he does, then great, but I think with our depth and his health concerns his days are numbered here. I am sure he will get picked up, but I think he is a long shot to remain here unless he gets on field soon and really shows the staff something.

Can the Bills afford to keep 10 DL on the roster in order to accomodate Troup? Yeah, probably.

How do you figure that? Break it down...what would it mean in terms of other positions? What promising "on the bubble" guys would get cut from other positions or leave us thin?

According to jboys transcript, Nix indicated we might keep 9 DL. That's pretty startling to me, but I can see it given the emphasis on DL

10 DL just to hang on to Troup? Seriously?

How do you figure that? Break it down...what would it mean in terms of other positions? What promising "on the bubble" guys would get cut from other positions or leave us thin?

According to jboys transcript, Nix indicated we might keep 9 DL. That's pretty startling to me, but I can see it given the emphasis on DL

10 DL just to hang on to Troup? Seriously?

Yes, SUPER serial:

2 K - Lindell, Potter

1 P - Moorman

1 LS - Sanborn

3 QB - Fitz, Young, Smith

3 RB - Jackson, Spiller, White

1 FB - Mcintyre

6 WR - Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan, Easley

3 TE - Chandler, Smith, Dickerson

3 T - Hairston, Pears, Glenn

3 G - Levitre, Urbik, Rinehart

2 C - Wood, Brown

5 DE - Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, Merriman, Johnson

5 DT - Williams, Dareus, Edwards, Carrington, Troup

4 OLB - Barnett, Moats, Scott, Bradham

2 MLB - Sheppard, Carder

6 CB - Gilmore, Williams, McGee, McKelvin, Rogers, Brooks

1 FS - Byrd

2 SS - Wilson, Searcy

8 practice squad - Aiken, Onobun, Sanders, Jasper, Asper, Gilbert, Chris White, Nesbitt

I have Morrison as my only real controversial cut at the moment. But if you insist on seeing him on the roster as the 7th LB, I could also cut any of Potter, Johnny White, Dickerson, Easley, McKelvin, McGee.... people here are going to quibble with the particulars because that's what people here do...but my point is that keeping Troup as a 10th DL is really not that outrageous. If he shows us something in preseason, there are reasonable ways to make it happen.

Is he threatening for a starting job on this D? ... uh, I don't think so...

Seems like just another 2nd/3rd tier player now, fighting for a roster spot. I think people 'round here wanna see him do it so they can further praise the drafting of Nix and not admit he made a mistake. Not that injuries are within his control.

But has he learned from that draft? Yes. I'd like to enter into evidence the 2011 and 2012 drafts, your Honor.

When the starter is coming off foot surgery the second and third tier guys are important. Still think Dareus, K Williams, Carrington, Edwards, and Troup are the DT's with Johnson and Heard the odd men out. This assumes they keep 5 DT's and 5 DE's (M. Williams, Anderson, Merriman, Kelsay, and another DE). They may go with 9 since Edwards and Carrington can also play DE.

2 K - Lindell, Potter

1 P - Moorman

1 LS - Sanborn

3 QB - Fitz, Young, Smith

3 RB - Jackson, Spiller, White

1 FB - Mcintyre

6 WR - Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Graham, Hagan, Easley

3 TE - Chandler, Smith, Dickerson

3 T - Hairston, Pears, Glenn

3 G - Levitre, Urbik, Rinehart

2 C - Wood, Brown

5 DE - Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, Merriman, Johnson

5 DT - Williams, Dareus, Edwards, Carrington, Troup

4 OLB - Barnett, Moats, Scott, Bradham

2 MLB - Sheppard, Carder

6 CB - Gilmore, Williams, McGee, McKelvin, Rogers, Brooks

1 FS - Byrd

2 SS - Wilson, Searcy

I have Morrison as my only real controversial cut at the moment. But if you insist on seeing him on the roster as the 7th LB, I could also cut any of Potter, Johnny White, Dickerson, Easley, McKelvin, McGee.... people here are going to quibble with the particulars because that's what people here do...but my point is that keeping Troup as a 10th DL is really not that outrageous. If he shows us something in preseason, there are reasonable ways to make it happen.

Congratulations, that's quite a reasonable roster and you've clearly put a lot of thought into it.

Here's the thing though. You're keeping 9 OL at the expense of rather a paucity of players at positions where the general NFL feeling seems to be "we want more". I'm not trying to quibble about specific names - but you must see that the overall balance is skewed. You've got 9 DB at a position that puts 6 on the field in the dime and sees frequent injuries - including a guy who has been frequently injured in McGee. Nix has stated that we're in the market for a 4th safety. I think we're likely to see at least 10 DB on the roster, and "if they show us something in preseason" there may be more. You've got 6 LB, 3 of them 2 years or less experience - I don't think they're cutting a capable, proven NFL player like Morrison even if he doesn't win a starting job, it would leave the LB corps with basically only one experienced veteran LB in Barnett (Scott has experience, but this is his first year focused on LB) There is also gouge about keeping either White or McKillop as the backup ML - the ML is the QB of the defense and while Carder is likely to make the team, Shep is young to be the starting Mike as a 2nd year guy and I think they'll be looking for more experience as the backup MLB. Also, White and McKillop are strong ST players, which I don't think is the case for Troup.

I could go on through some of the other positions but hopefully the above makes my case - the hard math of a balanced roster (balanced both by position, by experience, and by versatility) says we're not likely to be keeping 10 DL - or if we do, it will likely cost us. Plus, Johnson can swing (play DT And DE) So unless Troup looks fully healthy and able to beat out one of the other names you list, I think he's gone.

Why couldn't the Bills place him on IR?

i see them doing that instead of cutting him because if he is healthy we have a 25 year old back up that has a awesome work ethic, i had back surgery a month ago so i know how he felt and what he has to go threw and i give him so much credit and hope they keep him, i talk to him on twitter a lot about it they are just taking it slow right now but he feels good just being smart about it plus we drafted him as a nose tackle so he is ready to handle two guys but now he should be 1 on 1 i call it a win.... go bills