Buffalo Bills ESPN NFL Primetime 1990

Wow, a highlight show that actually shows highlights...what a concept. Now we get to see maybe 3 plays from each game then have 19 people talk about it

Early 90's was a great time for football and not just bc of the Bills success

There were a lot of good players on those Bills teams but Thurman was on another level

Nice trip down memory lane for sure. Pete Axthelm! Had totally forgotten that guy.

NFL Primetime used to rock.

Can't wait to see Berman get excited about "our" Bills again this season.

Edited by eball

Nice trip down memory lane for sure. Pete Axthelm! Had totally forgotten that guy.

NFL Primetime used to rock.Can't wait to see Berman get excited about "our" Bills again this season.

Dude, I hear you...I actually recorded every edition of Prime Time during the 1991 and 1992 seasons, on VHS. I crapped out early in the 1993 season... :P

That show was so great back then... you got higlights from every single game, and, even though you didn't see every game, you felt like you had a good idea as to what happened in every game...they wouldn't just show the big plays, but weird, quirky, funny plays too. The good old days....

Now, they don't even show highlights for every game, and, when they do, they just use the same highlight package that they use on SportsCenter...they will say, like, "the Bills lose a close one to the Pats", but then only show you a few huge plays by the Pats, and, maybe, one Bills highlight...so lame. Not even worth staying up on Sunday night to watch anymore. Used to be "can't miss" tv. Can't tell you how many Sunday nights, back then, ended with my ex saying "when are you comging to bed?" :cry:

Edited by Buftex

Tears in my eyes just watching this. Not because of all the crap we had to endure during the Lost Decade. Just because these guys were so good. And I invested every emotional fiber I had in them. Even if we ever when we win the Super Bowl, it won't feel like it would have felt back then.

Even if we ever when we win the Super Bowl, it won't feel like it would have felt back then.

I feel the exact same way.

But I have to say for the 1000th time that if Thurman Thomas held on to the ball in Buffalo Bills Super Bowl IV James Washington of the Cowboys never would have stripped it and we would have WON! That would have been an awesome experience - losing three SBs in a row and finally wining the 4th.

But Thurman barely held the ball, Leon Lett stipped it simply by touching it, and James Washington scored a TD and our victory was dashed!

Wow, a highlight show that actually shows highlights...what a concept. Now we get to see maybe 3 plays from each game then have 19 people talk about it

Early 90's was a great time for football and not just bc of the Bills success

There were a lot of good players on those Bills teams but Thurman was on another level

Dude, I hear you...I actually recorded every edition of Prime Time during the 1991 and 1992 seasons, on VHS. I crapped out early in the 1993 season... :P

That show was so great back then... you got higlights from every single game, and, even though you didn't see every game, you felt like you had a good idea as to what happened in every game...they wouldn't just show the big plays, but weird, quirky, funny plays too. The good old days....

Now, they don't even show highlights for every game, and, when they do, they just use the same highlight package that they use on SportsCenter...they will say, like, "the Bills lose a close one to the Pats", but then only show you a few huge plays by the Pats, and, maybe, one Bills highlight...so lame. Not even worth staying up on Sunday night to watch anymore. Used to be "can't miss" tv. Can't tell you how many Sunday nights, back then, ended with my ex saying "when are you comging to bed?" :cry:

You can thank the NFL and NFL Network for that. They do not allow ESPN to use the full highlights because they are trying to drive viewers to their own station.