Where's Waldo ?

I haven't heard anything about Danny Batten? Not even the coaches or Nix brought him as some one who better step up but haven't seen him do anything one way or another. He was listed at DE in the spring but now he's at Weakside LB according to the depth chart. I have always liked his attitude and effort so I hope he makes it but can't really tell how he's doing at the moment.

The lack of commentary about him from the coaches or media is deafening.

I agree, kind of like Naaman on offense.

I think it's the hard math of the roster that we're likely to keep only 6 or 7 linebackers. Unless they totally show no promise (which does not seem to be the case), no way they cut this year's draftees or put them on the practice squad.

They'd never clear waivers. So If they count Scott as a linebacker, we're keeping Barnett, Shep, Morrison, Bradham, Carder, Scott, and ?. We've heard some noise out of Moats, and there was just a Chris Brown article implying there's a battle between White and McKillop for backup ILB.

LIke Naaman, I think the media considers it a foregone conclusion that Batten is gone. Unlike White and McKillop, he doesn't have a history of making a lot of noise on ST. Neither did he impress when he had the chance to play.

I agree, kind of like Naaman on offense.

I think it's the hard math of the roster that we're likely to keep only 6 or 7 linebackers. Unless they totally show no promise (which does not seem to be the case), no way they cut this year's draftees or put them on the practice squad.

They'd never clear waivers. So If they count Scott as a linebacker, we're keeping Barnett, Shep, Morrison, Bradham, Carder, Scott, and ?. We've heard some noise out of Moats, and there was just a Chris Brown article implying there's a battle between White and McKillop for backup ILB.

LIke Naaman, I think the media considers it a foregone conclusion that Batten is gone. Unlike White and McKillop, he doesn't have a history of making a lot of noise on ST. Neither did he impress when he had the chance to play.

From what I've read, it sounds like Moats is the backup to Morrison, so I imagine he will stick around. Either White or McKillop will stick as the backup to Shep, with the other being cut. If McKillop's knee is good I can see him sticking, since he apparently was very good at special teams with the 49ers. My guess is that they keep Barnett, Shep, Morrison, Bradham, McKillop, Moats, and Carder. But that's 7, and it doesn't count Scott, who is certainly sticking around. Perhaps Carder goes to the PS? Or do they really consider keeping 8?

They're keeping an extra kicker this year so that's going to eat a roster spot for one of these fringe guys.

Don't be too sure.

From what I've read, it sounds like Moats is the backup to Morrison, so I imagine he will stick around. Either White or McKillop will stick as the backup to Shep, with the other being cut. If McKillop's knee is good I can see him sticking, since he apparently was very good at special teams with the 49ers. My guess is that they keep Barnett, Shep, Morrison, Bradham, McKillop, Moats, and Carder. But that's 7, and it doesn't count Scott, who is certainly sticking around. Perhaps Carder goes to the PS? Or do they really consider keeping 8?

Aren't they also giving Bradham reps at middle? And I think that Barnett or Morrison could be moved there in a pinch. I think White and McKilop BOTH are on the bubble right now. I've always had a good feeling about Moats at SOLB. I think he will make it. He is a playmaker and you don't cut those.

Edited by vincec

Getting the vibe that Carrington could make this team. Another head scratcher - making me think a guy like him is more valuable then Batten. I see us thin on LB's on the roster because after the first two there are no contributors. Plus, Carrington can play more then DT.

Getting the vibe that Carrington could make this team. Another head scratcher - making me think a guy like him is more valuable then Batten. I see us thin on LB's on the roster because after the first two there are no contributors. Plus, Carrington can play more then DT.

If Carrington makes it then Edwards or Johnson will be cut, IMO. It should have no impact on the LBs. I've been reading good things about Carrington but he's still practicing with the 3rd team, correct?

If Carrington makes it then Edwards or Johnson will be cut, IMO. It should have no impact on the LBs. I've been reading good things about Carrington but he's still practicing with the 3rd team, correct?

Listening a few places he may have worked up with 2's. I like Johnson and Edwards a lot. I would keep Edwards and trade Johnson for conditional picks if I was GM. Carrington can develop.

but back to what I was saying. Beyond a 2nd string LB what do you need on an active roster with this team? We can rotate the DL all the time with depth and will be running nickel a lot, as well. So those 3rd guy in for the LB offer little to nothing. 6 LB's + Scott is all you need.

Listening a few places he may have worked up with 2's. I like Johnson and Edwards a lot. I would keep Edwards and trade Johnson for conditional picks if I was GM. Carrington can develop.

but back to what I was saying. Beyond a 2nd string LB what do you need on an active roster with this team? We can rotate the DL all the time with depth and will be running nickel a lot, as well. So those 3rd guy in for the LB offer little to nothing. 6 LB's + Scott is all you need.

If White or McKillop are back from injury, I think it's possible we may keep 7 + Scott - keep one of them as a ST contributor and LB-in-training. I think Carder will fill a similar role this year as he learns/gains strength to NFL standards in the off-season