Meanwhile, at Jets camp

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/29/cromartie-could-have-extensive-role-on-offense/

Another day, another half baked idea from the Jets to use players out of position. They really think Cromartie can figure out how to run routes and catch the ball consistently when he's about to get drilled by a DB? If they're so devoid if talent that they have to have backup QB's playing special teams and corners playing receiver, then they're already screwed. Plus it gets them headlines, which it's painfully obvious that's all they care about. What a circus.

Cromartie's been on offense his entire adult life, so this should be an easy transition. It's the women he's dated who should have been playing more defense.

It is desperate but it makes sense if you're lacking WR depth. Cromartie has played on the return team and is fast. He probably won't be asked to learn the whole playbook, maybe just a cherry picked few plays. As long as he can learn those plays and take a hit, he could become a somewhat decent WR. He might be primarily for a down the field threat and maybe they use him on a few screen plays.

I'm not sure on this but wouldn't reading the defense come a little bit easier to him since he is a CB? Any other advantages from him coming from the defensive side?

Do they really have anyone else? They are trying to emulate the pats* and show off their versitility but Beliecheck is a much better coach than Jabba the Hut

Hayden Panettiere steals a bit of the spotlight at Jets training camp in Cortland

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainment/2012/07/hayden_panettiere_cortland_jets_scotty_mcknight.html#incart_river_default

Hayden Panettiere, best known for TV's "Heroes" and starring in movies like "I Love You, Beth Cooper," stole a bit of the spotlight from the NFL players during practice Sunday. The actress was there to watch her boyfriend, 24-year-old Jets wide receiver Scotty McKnight.

Hayden Panettiere steals a bit of the spotlight at Jets training camp in Cortland

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainment/2012/07/hayden_panettiere_cortland_jets_scotty_mcknight.html#incart_river_default

Pisses me off she's good friends with a girl I used to know from High School. If only I would have put up a thread here or asked MDP for advice I would have got a 2nd date. I could, at the least, be flying out to California and "visiting."

Edited by jboyst62

As a resident of Syracuse I am proud of the reader comments on these articles. There's either no response or if there is a response it's anti-Jets.

Still, with all the media that Tim Tebow generates I hope the Jets don't bump any of the Bills games off broadcast television here in Syracuse. Albany will likely be all Jets, though. Maybe Binghamton, too!

Pisses me off she's good friends with a girl I used to know from High School. If only I would have put up a thread here or asked MDP for advice I would have got a 2nd date. I could, at the least, be flying out to California and "visiting."

I don't know. If you got dating advice from him, you would still be facebook messaging her dirty talk instead and hyperventilating every time you saw her new profile picture.

The AFCE blog on espn has so many Tebow/Sanchez headlines, I stopped counting.

The fish are getting some press with the qb thing there.

Not much at all out of NE... But who wants to go watch professional athletes wash down their prunes with some ensure.

Bills camp is where it's at, y'all!

As a resident of Syracuse I am proud of the reader comments on these articles. There's either no response or if there is a response it's anti-Jets.

Still, with all the media that Tim Tebow generates I hope the Jets don't bump any of the Bills games off broadcast television here in Syracuse. Albany will likely be all Jets, though. Maybe Binghamton, too!

That's a really weird exclamation point, Howard.

tebow is only a good runner when he fakes a handoff in the read option, or scrambles. He is not very good in an obvious running situation Imo. His accuracy is good between 25-35 yards but he needs time to pull the trigger on those long passes, and his inability to connect on short passes is almost laughable. Here in denver the fans were chanting for tebow during the first preseason game, which seemed to get to Orton, immediately causing him to become testy to reporters which further isolated him and buoyed Timtim. I can see the same thing happening in NJ, the difference being Buffalo and the pats have shown how to beat the Tebow system.

After hearing that a reporter already called sanchez "Tim" i could easily see a similar situation playing out in NJ

The Jets proved how stupid they were by trading themselves into a QB controversy. I don't think Mark Sanchez is a very good QB but the guy took the team to back to back AFC title games, and is coming off of a season in which he threw for about 3500 yards, 26 TD's to 18 INT's, and 56.7 completion percentage (Yeah its not very good but its the best of his career and its been rising a little each year). The guy isn't a complete stiff and of course is young, why compromise his development by bringing in a QB that's going to split the fanbase and rock the guys confidence, and most importantly isn't an upgrade over what you had?

Say what you will about Fitz but the organization is at least putting him in the best position to have success by not having a QB controversy and a major distraction upset the teams chemistry.

Take a look at the Gang Green forums. Jets fans have no fear of the Bills. They assume it's still the Dick Jauron era here and it will always be. I hope the Jets players think the same way. It's going to be the 2011 KC opener all over in the Meadowlands.

PTR

Take a look at the Gang Green forums. Jets fans have no fear of the Bills. They assume it's still the Dick Jauron era here and it will always be. I hope the Jets players think the same way. It's going to be the 2011 KC opener all over in the Meadowlands.

PTR

Jets fans that know anything about football are about as common as the dodo.

Meanwhile, at Jets camp, Tim Tebow sneezed. Luckily ESPN had a whole team of reporters there to cover it and bring us all the details.

Good, let all the media bring all the attention on the Jets, so we can sneak in and Beat the Tar out of 'em on Week 1. They deserve a good thrashing at our hands for that game last year at our stadium as far as I'm concerned. I wanna go in there and give them a lesson about Football. Go Bills!!!

http://blog.syracuse...t_river_default

So to turn down the volume on the media circus which is Jets Camp, the team makes the strategic decision to cut a backup player with a celebrity girlfriend.

That'll dial things down a bit.

oh darn ... no soap opera today

It got slightly tense when QB Mark Sanchez yelled at OLB Aaron Maybin for hitting QB Matt Simms as he delivered a pass, violating the no-contact rule for quarterbacks. Nothing came of it, although Maybin was flagged later in the practice for unnecessary roughness on WR Eron Riley. Maybin is having a productive camp, but he's so relentless that he sometimes crosses the line and gets too physical. Frankly, it's a surprise that he hasn't been involved in any of the scuffles because his style definitely chafes the offensive players.

oh darn ... no soap opera today

It got slightly tense when QB Mark Sanchez yelled at OLB Aaron Maybin for hitting QB Matt Simms as he delivered a pass, violating the no-contact rule for quarterbacks. Nothing came of it, although Maybin was flagged later in the practice for unnecessary roughness on WR Eron Riley. Maybin is having a productive camp, but he's so relentless that he sometimes crosses the line and gets too physical. Frankly, it's a surprise that he hasn't been involved in any of the scuffles because his style definitely chafes the offensive players.

Why is Maybin playing against the 4's if he is so good?