Save our balls!

Fezmid

Has anyone heard of Buckyballs? They're basically just small magnets are a lot of fun to play with. I have a couple of sets on my desk and they're good de-stressers. However it looks like the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), a government agency that approved the product back in 2010, are reversing course and are trying to put a ban on the product. Indeed, if you look online it's hard to find them - Amazon.com and ThinkGeek.com used to sell them, but they're nowhere to be found on the virtual store shelves anymore, although the company themselves are still selling direct.

There's a nice video and explanation of the issue here:

https://www.getbucky...save-our-balls/

If you want to try the product yourself, you can go to their website and use the code SUCKITGROUPON to save 45% and get free shipping.

With everything going on in this country, we're spending our time trying to shutdown a small business that sells magnets... Because a few kids were dumb and ate them? :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hey CPSC, hands off my balls! :angry:

http://www.change.org/petitions/us-cpsc-cease-magnet-prohibition

I love these things. They're on my desk and I can play with them for almost an hour, especially when I'm doing my homework.

Its sad when children get hurt due to parents stupidity. And when the child gets hurt, they blame everyone (especially the company) but themselves. Then they sue the company, even though the company didn't due anything. They just sell them and tell people the risks. They don't go out with a mission to make sure every child gets hurt by their product.

They should collect them and give them to the organization that is cutting the balls off cats. That way they could implant them in the cat and make the cats feel better about themselves .

Has anyone heard of Buckyballs? They're basically just small magnets are a lot of fun to play with. I have a couple of sets on my desk and they're good de-stressers. However it looks like the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), a government agency that approved the product back in 2010, are reversing course and are trying to put a ban on the product. Indeed, if you look online it's hard to find them - Amazon.com and ThinkGeek.com used to sell them, but they're nowhere to be found on the virtual store shelves anymore, although the company themselves are still selling direct.

There's a nice video and explanation of the issue here:

https://www.getbucky...save-our-balls/

If you want to try the product yourself, you can go to their website and use the code SUCKITGROUPON to save 45% and get free shipping.

With everything going on in this country, we're spending our time trying to shutdown a small business that sells magnets... Because a few kids were dumb and ate them? :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hey CPSC, hands off my balls! :angry:

http://www.change.org/petitions/us-cpsc-cease-magnet-prohibition

Thanks for the code! Just bought a set.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking these were those feng shui balls that you sort of roll around in your hands for exercise...I've never seen these before...I'm going to buy a pair in support of this nonsense...

I was thinking these were those feng shui balls that you sort of roll around in your hands for exercise...I've never seen these before...I'm going to buy a pair in support of this nonsense...

I bought two sets of the balls, one set of the cubes, and one set of the rods to put on my desk at work. Everyone who comes in asks what they are and then starts playing with 'em. You can make all sorts of shapes and stuff, kinda fun to mess with when you're on the phone or reading something. :)

DON'T EAT THEM!

I bought two sets of the balls, one set of the cubes, and one set of the rods to put on my desk at work. Everyone who comes in asks what they are and then starts playing with 'em. You can make all sorts of shapes and stuff, kinda fun to mess with when you're on the phone or reading something. :)

DON'T EAT THEM!

Do you recommend the balls or the cubes for the first time bucky baller?

And for the record, though I feel HORRIBLE for the young children who suffered after their parents were irresponsible enough to allow these awesome gadgets to come into arms reach of them. these CPSC people are complete tools for pursuing this. I don't know what else BuckyBalls execs could do aside from showing up at your house and babysitting your kid for you. This is a waste of everyones time, and I'm quite certain there are legitimate risks impacting children that need their attention. Leave adult toys to adults.

Do you recommend the balls or the cubes for the first time bucky baller?

And for the record, though I feel HORRIBLE for the young children who suffered after their parents were irresponsible enough to allow these awesome gadgets to come into arms reach of them. these CPSC people are complete tools for pursuing this. I don't know what else BuckyBalls execs could do aside from showing up at your house and babysitting your kid for you. This is a waste of everyones time, and I'm quite certain there are legitimate risks impacting children that need their attention. Leave adult toys to adults.

Definitely the balls -- the cubes are ok, but aren't as much fun.

Regarding the CPSC -- more children die from balloons every year, yet you can still buy those. :rolleyes:

This is a statement that just begs for comment... :lol:

LOL, that's what happens when I type faster than I think :D

Definitely the balls -- the cubes are ok, but aren't as much fun.

Regarding the CPSC -- more children die from balloons every year, yet you can still buy those. :rolleyes:

Balls it is! Can't wait to expose my balls to my female coworkers :thumbsup:

Seems like too many times in this country people want to blame a symptom of the cause instead of addressing the cause itself. It's not that hard to keep something out of a child's reach. Their position on this matter is asinine.