Romney opens 5 point lead over Obama

Quinnipiac poll shows Romney within 4 in PA.

http://www.quinnipia...?ReleaseID=1807

Strategically this is a double edged sword for Romney. If PA is in play it signals a landslide. But if Team Romney diverts resources from Ohio, Virginia, Florida, etc it may give Team Obama enough of an opening to capture one of those states. Conversely these numbers may be cause for Team Obama to divert resources from swing states to shore up what should be a true blue state.

Interesting. I read a few weeks ago that Romney pulled out of Pennsylvania, leaving it for dead. And yet here we are.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I read a few weeks ago that Romney pulled out of Pennsylvania, leaving it for dead. And yet here we are.

Romney didn't pull out of PA, my Dad in Erie says they've been getting hit with the TV ads. Might be targeted more towards the overlap in Ohio with Cleveland/Akron and Youngstown markets, but they were still advertising on the Erie stations

Romney didn't pull out of PA, my Dad in Erie says they've been getting hit with the TV ads. Might be targeted more towards the overlap in Ohio with Cleveland/Akron and Youngstown markets, but they were still advertising on the Erie stations

Thats because he needs the rural swing counties in the swing states.

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/16/162979856/poll-romney-near-landslide-in-rural-swing-counties

Edited by erynthered

Thats because he needs the rural swing counties in the swing states.

http://www.npr.org/2...-swing-counties

The rural counties in PA aren't exactly swing counties. Look at a county by county map of PA in 2008 and it's overwhelmingly Red with a blue streak in the easet, a couple blue spots in the central, and 2 blue spots in the west

The rural counties in PA aren't exactly swing counties. Look at a county by county map of PA in 2008 and it's overwhelmingly Red with a blue streak in the easet, a couple blue spots in the central, and 2 blue spots in the west

There's an old joke about this.

What is Pennsylvania? It's Pittsburgh in the west.....Philly in the east....and Alabama right down the middle. :lol:

There's an old joke about this.

What is Pennsylvania? It's Pittsburgh in the west.....Philly in the east....and Alabama right down the middle. :lol:

Depnds on the definition of "old". This started sometime in the 90s due to a quote by James Carville. An inaccurate quote by the way

It's not Alabama. It's called Pennsylucky

Depnds on the definition of "old". This started sometime in the 90s due to a quote by James Carville. An inaccurate quote by the way

It's not Alabama. It's called Pennsylucky

Never knew it was an actual quote in the 'real' political realm. Should have known better......especially since I grew up in one of 'those' sections of Pennsyltucky.

Colorado University concludes 77% chance that Romney wins popular vote

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4435

After Romney's surprise performance in the first debate I think it's quite possible he wins the popular vote and loses the Electoral. We saw how he surged everywhere including places like California and Pennsylvania. He won't win either state but will add to his national vote totals

Colorado University concludes 77% chance that Romney wins popular vote

http://www.campusref...g/blog/?ID=4435

After Romney's surprise performance in the first debate I think it's quite possible he wins the popular vote and loses the Electoral. We saw how he surged everywhere including places like California and Pennsylvania. He won't win either state but will add to his national vote totals

If this happened, after Gore...would we see the abolition of the electoral college?

Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Erie and then I'm presuming Harrisburg and maybe State College are blue?

Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Erie and then I'm presuming Harrisburg and maybe State College are blue?

Took rt 15 to Gettysburg over the weekend, Romney signs outnumbered Obama.

I thought with the college there gettysburg would be all Obama, but saw surprisingly few Obama signs.

Interesting. I read a few weeks ago that all polls are politically slanted, bias and completely inaccurate. And yet here we are.

Edited by The Big Cat

Interesting. I read a few weeks ago that all polls are politically slanted, bias and completely inaccurate. And yet here we are.

The good thing about your posting sporadically is that no matter how long you're gone, you still return with the tiniest grasp of the issues.

The polling issues had to do with blatant sampling errors based on 2008 turnout. It was cleanly explained and repeatedly documented here. If you were even remotely able to think for yourself and exercise even the slightest bit of reading comprehension, you'd make fewer statements that are better left for the BF4E/conners of the world.

The good thing about your posting sporadically is that no matter how long you're gone, you still return with the tiniest grasp of the issues.

The polling issues had to do with blatant sampling errors based on 2008 turnout. It was cleanly explained and repeatedly documented here. If you were even remotely able to think for yourself and exercise even the slightest bit of reading comprehension, you'd make fewer statements that are better left for the BF4E/conners of the world.

And the best part about coming is going: whenever I drop by NOTHING has changed and I know exactly where to flick the nerve...every time. I mean, this must get old for you guys, right? Without the likes of me, it must be like conversing in a hall of mirrors.

And the best part about coming is going: whenever I drop by NOTHING has changed and I know exactly where to flick the nerve...every time. I mean, this must get old for you guys, right? Without the likes of me, it must be like conversing in a hall of mirrors.

Yes, this is so much different than complaining about Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mario Williams everyday. Totally different.